Search results

1. 9

Nice looking headlight for city use

Trying to figure out a battery powered headlight for use around town at night that doesn't look ugly. I don't want a light that look like the standard battery headlights like this. I also don't think a classic cruiser style headlight would look right. One like this. I like the Rindow...
  2. 9

How to tell brake and shifter cables apart

I have a few cables and I am not sure if they are shifter or brake cables. Is there an easy way to tell them apart?
  3. 9

The period after Chaos on the Surly bikes website

https://surlybikes.com/ Click the period after Chaos on the Surly website for amusement.
  4. 9

This is a super cool old school MTB frame

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-ATB-Nashbar-Bullmose-Terra-SL-Frameset-Extras-Retro-Large-57cm-22/254570174810?hash=item3b4590995a:g:34MAAOSwDklelz2R
  5. 9

Worksman Newsboy seat tube length

Does anyone know what the seat tube length of a Worksman Newsboy is? Also about what is the fork length (A-C)?
  6. 9

Garage clean out (cheap mostly mtb parts)

All prices are cash picked up in Huntsville AL. If you want it shipped buyer pays shipping and PayPal fees. Push Shock of a 2011 Niner WFO9 with 500lb Fox spring. $20 Sold SRAM X9 2speed shifter $5 Nitto Torsion bar off Surly 1x1 (about 660mm wide) free (gone) Cheap ebay riser bar free BrandX...
  7. 9

24x3 tires on a 26in cruiser

Will a 24x3 fit on most vintage 26in cruisers? Also are there fenders that would cover this wide a tire? I have an idea of what I want to build next.
  8. 9

Cool video on very early bikes

Thought some of you might enjoy this video from GCN.
  9. 9

26 MTB to gravel bike conversion to town bike

So my wife has recently taken a liking to riding but she is only really interested in gravel and greenways and the like. Neither of my two bikes are really ideal for this kind of riding. A low long and slack 150mm travel (1275mm wheelbase with a 64deg head angle) Ragley Big Wig (which...
  10. 9

WTB: Cheap old school 26in MTB

I am looking for an old school (rim brake) 26in MTB either complete or frame/fork/wheels in 21 or 22in frame size. Anyone got one laying around that they would part with for cheap? I am in Huntsville Alabama so I could pick up something that is within an hour or two or willing to work out shipping.
  11. 9

This is pretty sweet

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2490919484504350/ Not mine but it is tempting.
  12. 9

Gearing up front pedal trike

Ok so last year I did the Downtown Tri here in Huntsville (tricycle race). It is a team format around a block and I had bought a Razor drift trike to us. It is an absolute hoot to ride but I am spinning so fast that my feet are flying off the pedals well before the end of the straights. I want...
  13. 9

Couple questions on the Worksman Newsboy frame

So having gotten distracted buying a mountain bike (Niner WFO9) and building a BMX (Sunday Soundwave), finally coming round to start gathering parts to do a klunker build. I have a line on a fork I want to use but I wanted to make sure it would fit. I am planning on ordering one of the raw...
  14. 9

Who wants to give this a try?

https://raleigh.craigslist.org/mcy/d/project-chainsaw-bike/6486456452.html
  15. 9

Klunker-esque build question particularly frame choice

I want to build a klunker style build in the near future to beat around the near by state park trails. I am not going for absolutely original but just kind of the style of a klunker. I am leaning towards a newer frame so I can screw around with the paint and if I bend or break it I won't feel...
  16. 9

Newbie from Northern Alabama

Hi everyone, I live in Northern Alabama and have recently got into messing around with bikes. My wife and I moved closer to downtown Huntsville and after a year of riding an old Mongoose mtb I have had since middle school (I think it is from around 2001 or 02) and a free department store bike...