Search results

1. H

BO15 PINK PANTHER - How do you change the blinker fluid?

Try bars straight up seated more forward. Helps with a negative trail design such as yours.
  2. H

Sort of virtual classic bicycle 31 day race

Some things are much more important. I rode with a cyclist in his early 70's. He's done it all including daily 100 mile tandem rides with his wife. He has a replacement knee with 20,000 miles on it!:13: Jokes often about his surgeon's work. Wishing you well.
  3. H

Ahh man, you lost a dust cap! You converted those pedals to 1/2''? "It was a normal ride". Followed by "wood wheels" :21: I gotta hand it to ya, that's a challenging 40 mile ride. Stuffs corks in the bar ends of wine colored bike:cool2: Well I had the lead for a few.
  4. H

Thanks Jude & Cap. Most of the pics didn't come out due to my elevated heart rate so is relied on ground support to keep the cam steady. Riding on the trail at night is prohibited :bandit: Day 20. Mid 80's and sticky. Can't say I enjoyed this. 386 + 60 = 446 Obviously there are glitches. I was...
  5. H

How do you RRB?

Ah ha... you're everywhere. Was wondering how you managed that.
  6. H

Good deal fellas. Broke a sweat tonight. Fun ride. Started after 9 pm. Almost hit a possum. Day 19 376+10=386 The frogs were deafening. Blackness all around. 2nd 9/11 tribute at the firehouse. Dependable. Old Glory once again. Didn't think 5 bonus points was generous enough at...
  7. H

@us56456712 31 day ride challenge bike

Are you going to de-color the fork? One let me get really close yesterday. Even gave me time to jump off my bike. Think he was in love.
  8. H

spoke sizes

It's hard to tell from your reference but it appears both are 3 cross. That would mean the spokes would either be short for one wheel, or thread past the nipple.
  9. H

Recovery recoveries...

One man's storage is another man's storage it seems:21: That Scrambler was like I'm finally out of here! Oh no, now I'm in a sardine can :shake:
  10. H

spoke sizes

The front was probably a 2 cross and the larger rear flange a 3 cross. In that regard same length spokes could be used properly. The other explanation is that spokes were sized to fit the smaller hub. Flange pitch can vary quite a bit. Say your rear flange pitch is 60mm and the front is 37mm...
  11. H

It's difficult to compare our results. I believe what you're accomplishing is more challenging. We're using completely different bikes on different terrain. I spend months preparing each bike to tackle a 20 mile section of trail back and forth that I've ridden for years. I'm sure if we...
  12. H

Day 18. Another splendid ride. Start 3:15 end 6:00 pm 336+40=376 7 mile mark is an artistic 9/11 tribute piece. There are several about. Fine details including waves in the river. Caught up with a couple or riders on the way back. Good fun trading position. Needed a break though. Think I...
  13. H

Bikes With Tension Structure

The title is open for all sorts of frames, components even ideas. Wire spoke wheels excluded:grin: Found this as well. Don't know if it's functional but def interesting.
  14. H

This guy is tougher than leather^ Our riding experiences are way different. Said you enjoyed so I liked that. Nice day for a ride.
  15. H

Bring on your GREEN BIKES!!!

There is something special about green bikes.
  16. H

Bikes With Tension Structure

Was looking for tensegrity models applied to bicycles and found this beauty. https://www.yankodesign.com/2017/12/29/a-bicycle-born-in-the-sky/ The BMX slingshot was the first type I knew about. I don't believe its a 'full' tensegrity frame.
  17. H

The chopper sprocket is from a Schwinn exercise machine. I'm switching back to a smaller alloy ring and 1/8'' chain for a better ride. It's for looks. I use a 69 and 75 tooth 7075 chainring with the Hawthorne 3 speed. Used on triathlon bikes. All my rides have 165mm cranks and longer. The...
  18. H

Day 17. Perfect weather. Many riders out. 296+40=336
  19. H

Most certainly is. Lake Gleneida in Putnam. I'm in a parking lot where bikers setup. I ride the lake when it freezes. It hasn't for two years though:confused: The smaller lakes freeze over. Riding on a frozen lake at night is quite a thrill. Heading out again...
  20. H

@us56456712 31 day ride challenge bike

lightweight :wink1: That's one of those Cracker Jack reflectors:bigsmile: