Search results

1. Retro Flutter

Just got a deal on some reflectors.

I do the exact same thing when I get a new bike (sometimes the accessories is what I bought the bike for, if it was reasonably priced) I love accessories but buying them individually is expensive. Those hub shiner buttons were my main draw to that auction, considering what people want for just...
  2. Retro Flutter

Fender reflector IDing. (odd, I know)

I did a bit of searching and found this, but this was listed on some site called "WorthPoint". Can't seem to find any more info on it with googling "Flyte reflector" or "Wald reflector". It looks nearly identical. I also searched the part No. stamped on the package.
  3. Retro Flutter

Barn find Supercycle Cougar 72'

Picked up this today. Branded Supercycle but made by CCM, Seems to be a mix of Cheetah (Frame) and Mustang (Seat, chainguard, sissy bar) parts. Aired up the tires and took it for a ride around the block. The 3 speed works on it, seat has one very small nick but otherwise soft and amazing...
  4. Retro Flutter

Bikes on bridges

5. Retro Flutter

The anti-klunk? (Show us your urban bombers!)

Yea, I did some stupid stuff on it, rode down staircases, jumped off ledges, 9'' of suspension soaked it all up. Unfortunately it got stolen and haven't seen it since. Was a hoot to ride though with the smooth tires, felt like riding a cadillac, both in weight and smoothness of ride.
  6. Retro Flutter

The anti-klunk? (Show us your urban bombers!)

I had an old clapped out DH sled for just this. slapped on a set of Hookworms.
  7. Retro Flutter

So, did the ol' painted whitewall trick.

Hm, might have to try that at some point.
  8. Retro Flutter

Looking for a CCM fork, for a CCM Scrambler.

Looking for the same fork as below. Same fork is on most CCM branded muscle bikes (Cheetah, Mustang, Scrambler). This one is bent and twisted/tweaked in a few spots. Colour doesn't matter but would prefer an orange fork. I'll take what I can get, so long as it's straight and threads are good...
  9. Retro Flutter

So, did the ol' painted whitewall trick.

First time doing it...experimented with a worn out tire first. Washed clean, then used a rag to wipe off gunk, steel wool, rinse again..then masked and painted. I used some Rust-o-leum 2x cover semi gloss white paint...it's just what I happened to have on hand. I got a few other tires...
  10. Retro Flutter

CCM Scrambler 19XX

Yea similar frame. I really like the style of it. Something different.
  11. Retro Flutter

CCM Scrambler 19XX

Done a bit of work on it, I need to find a proper fork for it as the original one has a bent/crushed steerer tube and I'm pretty sure the crown is twisted in some way, as the fork was not straight on the bike. Not sure on exact year of the bike. After pulling it from the basement, I swapped...
  12. Retro Flutter

Just got a deal on some reflectors.

So, was watching this all week, expecting a bunch of bidders on it. I ended up paying $12 for the lot of them, paid a bit more than that in shipping costs though..but in total, for what i paid I would've only gotten 2 pairs of the hub shiner/license plate reflectors in the lot in a normal eBay...
  13. Retro Flutter

lets see those old school / custom shifters.

Changed up the shifter a bit today on my daily cruiser. Swapped the previous Skull shift knob for a glass doorknob. Before and after
  14. Retro Flutter

FNG from Canada

Not near Ottawa but I'm in Central Ontario. Though I'll be heading to the Barrie Automotive Fleamarket, if it happens in the Fall.....I need to find a proper new project bike to work on.
  15. Retro Flutter

20" wheels that aren't 20"

Well, one has holes in it from dry rot, lol. The other at least is in one piece but still not great shape. Might try the LBS and Canadian Tire tomorrow, see if they got anything cheap. Yea, so many different "standards" lol. I figured this project bike was gonna be simple...but it's turned...
  16. Retro Flutter

Semi Integrated headset question.

I run split crown races on my DJ bike, MTB and Road bike and they're just sitting on the crown of the fork. It's meant to sit in the same way a regular crown race does. I love split crown races, saves a lot of headache when changing forks on bikes or changing headsets.
  17. Retro Flutter

20" wheels that aren't 20"

So, this is about my Triumph 20 again, as I began work on the wheels and removed tires to put on other ones I had, I noticed they were a different size, despite both tires being 20" printed on the sidewall. The ones off the Triumph are 20" x1-3/8" tires and I was gonna toss on some slightly...
  18. Retro Flutter

Headset bushing? Triumph/Raleigh 20

Yea I noticed that too, as the clamp needed to be at the very bottom, since the fork has a special compressible cut in it for tightening it against the stem. Adding any stack height wouldn't of allowed me to tighten it properly.
  19. Retro Flutter

So I ended up sticking with the stock setup on the bike, works better after I wire wheeled the rust off the steerer and greased the heck out of the bushing and steerer.
  20. Retro Flutter

I've got the nylon bit with the flange, didn't notice a nylon washer when I was disassembling it. I do have a couple different threaded headsets lying around, I'll try them out. I just find it really odd that Raleigh would make it this way, cost savings?