Search results

1. handyandy1100

Macro Monday! Show that zoomed-in detail shot on Monday

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
  2. handyandy1100

Selling/Trading During the Pandemic

I bought a bike off FB Marketplace a couple months ago. He said if I looked at it and wanted it to put the money under the welcome mat and the bike was mine. Never saw him in person. I did send him a picture of the money under the pulled back mat so in case the money was gone when he came to get...
  3. handyandy1100

Covid Bike Boom Cooling Off?

Man, I am a sucker for old school, vintage patina! LOL Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
  4. handyandy1100

Opie

Paint complete. Definitely looks better with some stripe action. Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
  5. handyandy1100

Bike Trailers?

My daughter-in-law picked up a used bike trailer to carry the little one. I looked at it briefly to see how it connected to a bike. It did come with the part that goes on the rear axle. What I don't understand is why there is a pretty stout spring in the trailer part of the hitch and why the...
  6. handyandy1100

Opie

Yeah, I agree, the guard needs some more color. Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
  7. handyandy1100

Opie

Days are getting shorter! LOL Got the new bearings installed after work and got the new chrome and black chain on too. Got all the OP decals off last night. Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
  8. handyandy1100

Show us your inexpensive (but comfortable) bike seats.

Only one leg band? What does that do to your balance. Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
  9. handyandy1100

Old lights: conversion to LED???

Might be something you can use here... https://ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/headlight-and-tail-light-gallery-post-pics-here.51150/ Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
  10. handyandy1100

Covid Bike Boom Cooling Off?

Our Wally World is about the same. One thing, they reset their bike accessories and repair stuff and they quit carrying chains. The one useful thing they carried for parts. Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
  11. handyandy1100

Looks pretty accurate

Didn't the Wright Brothers build bikes in their Dayton, OH shop? Perhaps they were just another of the "hundreds of companies in the United States producing bicycles" before 1900. I think they kinda changed interests after 1900. :21:
  12. handyandy1100

Looks pretty accurate

I am originally from Ohio and I noticed that too. Pretty cool.
  13. handyandy1100

Opie

So last night I took a wire wheel to the chainguard and cleaned it up. Tonight I got the gray paint on it. Yes I left the dents as you can see under the shiny new paint. The fenders have some dents too. Don't want it to look brand new. Don't want it to be a rust bucket either. LOL You'll...
  14. handyandy1100

True value of vintage parts (Just an observation)

Kinda like the low buck used Huffy Cranbrooks everyone used to buy cheap for parts to fix up older bikes. Now people are asking $250 to $300 for a bike Walmart sold for less than $100.
  15. handyandy1100

Show me yer Layback seatpost

Up first is the old stem (gooseneck) that magically fit the hole on my Monark Thunderbird. It's minimum insertion point is in lower than the original post that came with the bike. The seat clamp bolt goes through a piece of pipe that's shimmed and fit inside a bigger piece of pipe that is...
  16. handyandy1100

American Flyer Skiptooth

Search for Snyder, fastback, or Zep https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic?url=http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/lets-see-your-zep-i-mean-snyder-fastback-sport-frame.31738/&share_tid=31738&share_fid=77973&share_type=t&link_source=app...
  17. handyandy1100

Faux retro pedals

I tried a pair of those once. Thought they would be cool on a black and red bike. One of them self destructed shortly after install.
  18. handyandy1100

American Flyer Skiptooth

Is there any connection between the old American Flyer bikes and the old American Flyer electric trains? Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
  19. handyandy1100

Opie

Opie's new old chainguard came in today, so after work I HAD to get it fitted! LOL A little straightening and rust and old paint removal will come next and then a repaint. I am really liking the look of the guard on this bike. The guard was blue from the factory. Someone painted it red and did...