Search results

1. us56456712

1931 Claud Butler track bike

I'm just going for a rebuild as everything is original. The spokes were a little rusty so they have been replaced. I need help, advice, ideas regarding the wire wraps that were on the spoke crossover points. Now a days they use 5 wire wraps that are then soldered. My original crossover...
  2. us56456712

Faux retro pedals

I got these 1/2 inch pedals on eBay. I saw they were bolted together Instead of crimped. I took the bolts out, removed the hard slippery pedal blocks and put in some vintage rubber blocks that I inherited from a bike shop that went out of business in 1960. They now look like NOS vintage pedals.
  3. us56456712

USA bike tour on a budget

I ran into a guy bicycle touring Friday. He started in Louisiana and was heading to western Colorado. He just completed a tour of the eastern Upper Peninsula of Michigan and was going west towards Duluth. He was visiting all the sights on the way. Its cold at night now, in the 40s F. He had an...
  4. us56456712

Bicycle ministry

Today I went ATV shopping to replace my old blown up unit. I drove 200 miles and visited a bunch of dealers for quotes. In route I came across a rural house with a burned out attached garage that had a an 8 x 10 hand painted billboard out front that said bicycle ministry. The old house was the...
  5. us56456712

Hawthorne coaster brake

Anyone know who made these. I have one and I’m debating whether to keep the wheel, cut the brake out and rebuild it or scrap it. Right now it’s in my scrap trailer.
  6. us56456712

Good morning

7. us56456712

Spray booth

Tarp floor, ten foot square wood roof frame, 10 foot conduit pipes anchored into the ground and into a hole drilled into wood blocks, air filter intake on top and exahust blower to remove overspray that makes the frame paint bumpy.
  8. us56456712

The Silver Maggot reborn

It took me two build offs to finish. I can hardly wait to give this away as I have no space. It rides super.
  9. us56456712

Unofficial Ride Your Bikes Event

How many bicycles do members have? I have 40, no room for more. One is in pieces, but they all seem to be works in progress. I try and ride them all over two years, but usually fail miserably. What’s the sense of owning a bunch of bikes if you don’t ride them? I want to try and ride them all...
  10. us56456712

Ay body seen “Tour de Pharmacy”?

This is an HBO mockumetery about doping in the Tour de France. It’s kinda bazaa.
  11. us56456712

May, 1931 track bicycle

Got this today. Needs an overhaul of bearings. It may have 27 inch tubulars, which will require new wood rims to make it rideable. Ill have to measure it as the tires have no size on them.
  12. us56456712

Sort of virtual classic bicycle 31 day race

Since many of us are cooped up and social distance seems to be putting the damper on fun I thought an I dare ya race might be fun. You can start as early as today and then see how many miles you can ride a vintage bicycle in a month ( 31 days ). Like the 12 hours of Road America or the old time...
  13. us56456712

Musselman armless coaster brake fix

I have two and they spin backwards when you try to stop, no coaster brake. I took one apart and found there is a steel wedge in there that looks like it was cut from pipe. I think this wedge moves and is either the brake shoe or it moves and pushes the brake shoes apart. This wedge was polished...
  14. us56456712

My new Schwinn Paramount

I found this on Saturday hanging on a mailbox with a sign that said free bikes. This was the only one still there when I got there. The tip was from my mailman. I guess ordering all kinds of bike parts that are too big for my mailbox made him aware of my bike faddis. I want to know a little more...
  15. us56456712

76 mile solo gravel ride

oo I did this yesterday, Friday, May 22. No cell service. Nine twenty ounce bottles of hydration and a lot of food and repair stuff. Forty Fahrenheit when I started and 80 Fahrenheit by two pm. No one else that rides as slow as I do has enough miles to do this yet so I did it solo. Saw deer...
  16. us56456712

Evening on the water

17. us56456712

Covert 19 ride

One of of daYoopers on dis ride kept calling the pandemic "Covert". There was an MD. along on the ride but there was no way he could correct him. The MD and I kept making jokes about the secret virus or the undercover virus but he didn't get it. Covet it is. It's not like it it's a joke with...
  18. us56456712

BO15 The Silver Maggot reborn

I swore off this build off but I found an old forgotten project that needs to be done and outta here. Some of you may remember my Silver Maggot bare metal clunker that I built to race about 5 years ago. It survived the race but shortly thereafter the Bendix manual two speed blew up. I dismantled...
  19. us56456712

Build Challenge- RRB software

Last I looked RRB needs $170 from us users to reimburse the cost of the software upgrades. This was necessary so the users (you) could continue to post here. If you give $10, $20 or $50 I’ll match Your gift up to the point where we have the $170. Come on, take it out on me. I must have rubbed...
  20. us56456712

Evening on the lake