Search results

1. Bike from the Dead

Does anyone here have a Mongoose Dozer 26" x 4" bike? I need to figure something out...

I've found a fat tire bike donor for my MBBO Trike, but I need to know if the sprocket for the coaster brake is small enough to fit next to the axle sprocket on my trike conversion piece before I decide to buy it.
  2. Bike from the Dead

POISON APPLE: '79 Schwinn Fair Lady Trike

Well, this was a complete surprise to me, but it looks like I'm going to enter my first Muscle Bike Build Off this year too! I just got this 1979 Schwinn Fair Lady and the 2 mountain/road/track/idk bikes sitting behind it for FREE off of Facebook Marketplace earlier this afternoon! I can't say I...
  3. Bike from the Dead

Should I go for it, or just let it sell?

Well, I wasn't planning on entering the Muscle Bike Build Off this year, as I didn't have anything that'd work for the competition. That all changed just a few hours ago, when I found these 3 bikes for FREE on Facebook Marketplace! 1 of the 2 Mountain/Road/Track bikes are probably going to be...
  4. Bike from the Dead

[FOUND] Schwinn Town & Country Tri Wheeler-style conversion rear end

Looking to buy or trade for a 1960s/1970s Schwinn Town & Country Tri Wheeler conversion rear axle, or something similar. I bought this trike thinking I could use the conversion rear end for a custom trike build I want to do, but it won't work, as it requires a set of regular bike hubs and wheels...
  5. Bike from the Dead

(WITHDRAWN) Rat Rod Spaceliner Trike "The Trashliner Trike"

Ad withdrawn. The Trashliner Trike's getting parted out for my entry into the MBBO! Up for sale is a 1950s/1960s Sears or Murray Space/Flightliner girl's bike that has been converted into a rat rod trike. I bought this thing (as-is) a few weeks ago with the intent to part it out for some of my...
  6. Bike from the Dead

Selling/Trading During the Pandemic

Hey guys, I've been having second thoughts regarding buying/selling/trading while there's still a pandemic going on. I know I withdrew all my ads on here, The CABE, and craigslist all the way back in March, but I've still occasionally gone out and bought stuff for my projects, and I even...
  7. Bike from the Dead

1987 Planters Limited Edition Team Cycle Curb Cruiser Scooter I.D. and Value

Hi guys. My dad pulled this unopened scooter out of the attic a few days ago, as we're preparing to have a garage sale soon, and this wasn't anything we planned on keeping. According to the box, it's a 1987 Cycle Products Company/Team Cycle Curb Cruiser Scooter, specifically a Planters (as in...
  8. Bike from the Dead

Has anyone made a trike out of a Sears Flightliner/Spaceliner bike?

Well, ever since I chose to put a hold on selling/trading my stash of unused bike stuff, I've decided to have fun with the stuff I previously had no interest in. I already took the bent up Hawthorne frame I had planned to get rid of and turned it into a keeper, but now I'm debating on what to do...
  9. Bike from the Dead

Save them before they go to the scrapyard!

Saw this ad on Craigslist for some "free scrap." If you live anywhere near Kansas City, now would be a good opportunity to save some bikes from the scrapyard. https://kansascity.craigslist.org/zip/d/kansas-city-scrap-metal-on-curb/7196138658.html
  10. Bike from the Dead

In regards to next year's RRBBO...

Are we allowed to redo bikes we built in prior Build Offs? I wanted to do a whole lot more to my bike, Dumpster Diamond, but due to a variety of issues, I had to scale back my plans for this bike. Now that I know what I really want to do with this bike, I was wondering if I could revisit this...
  11. Bike from the Dead

"You have insufficient privileges to reply here"

Anyone else have "insufficient privileges" to reply to the finished Build-Off build threads, or is that just me? Why am I getting this message, why don't I have the privileges to reply to everyone else's completed RRBBO15 threads including my own, and what can I do to earn said privileges to...
  12. Bike from the Dead

Dumpster Diamond is DONE!

Finally done with my bike, and just in time! Is it perfect? No. Is it finished? Not as much as I'd like. Is it done? YES! All things considered, my bike, Dumpster Diamond, turned out alright. And for my first ever Rat Rod Bikes Build Off, I think I did alright. I'd like to give a huge thanks to...
  13. Bike from the Dead

BO15 Dumpster Diamond (Formerly "First Ever Build Off with a Postwar Hawthorne")

Bought this postwar Montgomery Ward/Hawthorne frame at the annual Springfield, Missouri swap meet for $20 with the intention of trading/flipping it, but I had been on the fence about possibly fixing it up. Well, since I don’t feel comfortable selling/trading my stash of unwanted bike stuff right...
  14. Bike from the Dead

In regards to the Class 1 rules...

Do the frame and forks have to match? I've got a postwar Montgomery Ward/Hawthorne frame, but I got it without forks. I have some forks that match in paint/patina fairly close, but I have no idea what bike they're off of. So, as long as I'm not modifying the frame and forks, is that allowed...
  15. Bike from the Dead

Forum Icon Art (Critique Needed)

Hey guys, for the past few months I've been working on this little custom icon for my bicycle profiles on The C.A.B.E. and Rat Rod Bikes, and I've about got it to the point where I'm ready to take this into Adobe Illustrator and clean it up. I was just making this to use online, but I want to...
  16. Bike from the Dead

Mini Mystery Muscle Bike

When Dad bought a pedal car or something (I asked him, but he doesn’t remember) from one of Mom’s friends at her workplace several years ago, this bike was thrown in with it. It was the guy’s own bike he had as a child, but he had no use for it anymore. I hadn’t really paid the bike any mind...
  17. Bike from the Dead

Vintage Bikes and Bicycle Parts Lot for Sale or Trade

I need to downsize my collection of bicycle projects and parts, so I’m selling everything that I don’t have an immediate use for as one complete lot. Asking $450 or best offer. Local pickup in Sapulpa, Oklahoma. I am open to all possible trades, but there are a few specific things I would trade...
  18. Bike from the Dead

(WITHDRAWN) Vintage Bikes and Bicycle Parts Lot for Sale or Trade

AD WITHDRAWN DUE TO THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC. WILL UPDATE AND BUMP AD WHEN I FEEL IT'S SAFE TO SELL AND TRADE AGAIN. I need to downsize my collection of bicycle projects and parts, so I’m selling everything that I don’t have an immediate use for as one complete lot. Asking $450 or best offer...
  19. Bike from the Dead

Long-time Lurker, First-time Poster

Hello everyone! My name’s Austin. I got into bicycles back in March 2018 when I bought an early 1950s Schwinn for $65 at an auction. Fast-forward to today, and I now have 5 bikes that I’m working on, each in varying stages of completion: my first bike, a 1950/1951 Schwinn Spitfire, a...