Search results

1. Skipton

Acetone

I always have a fantastic time doing The Build Off. Even though I always seem to be way behind the last week, I'm super happy with the way this one turned out. It's ride-able and fun! I'm going to fine tune it and maybe even add a few things in the weeks to come. The build.. Started with a...
  2. Skipton

SOLD Humongous Chain Ring $100

A few years ago someone on RRB was making these. Over 12 “ in Diameter this thing is huge!! I can’t count high enough to give you a teeth count:giggle:. See photo of 46 tooth chain ring for size reference Chain ring is just machined you will need to grind the teeth to fit a chain. I believe you...
  3. Skipton

SOLD Felt Thick Brick (one)

I recently bought a set only need one. SOLD ! One Antique White Felt Thick Brick 24x3 These tires look fantastic. Super hard to find these days Brand new never mounted still with tag. $65 shipped to the lower 48 PayPal is good
  4. Skipton

BO15 Acetone.... Done!

I’m in! Ok just got this nice Hawthorn frame delivered from a eBay purchase. And the killer Beehive fork from @macncheese along with a cool/weird plastic “gas tank” that I may or may not use. I been thinking about what the final paint scheme will be. But now looking at both the frame and fork...
  5. Skipton

Slipstream

Slipstream... It’s rideable, disk brakes not set up yet. I totally waited to the last minute to get going on this one. So glad I got it to the finish line. The Build Off is always a ton of fun to watch and especially participate in. Thanks to everyone who took a look, liked and commented...
  6. Skipton

Slipstream. Calling this one “done”

It’s been a longtime since I seriously participated in a Build Off really looking forward to this build. I may or may not use these wheels... lots more to come. Links to my old Build Off bikes https://ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/changeofplans-new-pics.18688/...
  7. Skipton

REDUCED Parts...Racks, Tank

Some parts for sale.. all prices include shipping. To the lower 48 PayPay only Rack #1 Elgin? Almost all the paint removed $35 Shipped. Rack #2 Monark SOLD. Rack #3 Schwinn? Repaint $35 Shipped Part #4 unknown tank think it’s for a 24” bike.Great patina says RotoJet $50 Shipped...
  8. Skipton

REDUCED Super Cool Monark Style Fork. $90.00

I got this a 1000 years ago from a RRB member. @American Vintage Bicycle Supply before he was old enough to vote ;) Just never got around to using it.. Super cool BMX Fork with vintage Monark Fork mated on. Fork has super heavy duty hardware. And a threadless stem extender. 1 inch steer tube is...
  9. Skipton

Empty Promise

This didn’t go as planed... but I do have a bike ... just a front brake and no shifter but a rideable bike. Thanks for looking Sorry about the bad street light pics Thanks for all the support. Everyone built some Killer bikes!
  10. Skipton

RRBBO13 Empty Promise... Got it Done in time

It's been far to long since I built a complete bike... Had lots of false starts with this one... I have completed 4 other Build Offs looking forward to finishing this one. This build won't be a Empty Promise.. Pile of parts from 4 years ago... I have all this in a box... Just going to use...
  11. Skipton

It's been awhile....

... Since I posted a photo of my commute... Still riding everyday.
  12. Skipton

I'm in.... The New 700Club (1913 Premier)

It's been way to long since I participated in a Build Off.... So Let's Do This!! I have a cool 1913 Premiere Cycles 28" motorbike frame.. And some parts from my Club29er build. Coaster brake deepvs with custom painted hubs... This build is more a rebuild then anything else. Headset, Fork and...
  13. Skipton

BikeGeoCouching with OneWheelSqeel video

Had great ride with The Chicago TailDraggers today. Perfect sunny fall day. Then after riding Kevin and his son back to there car. We found this sweet couch. We try to be as cool as @locojoe
  14. Skipton

So I won this bike...

last December I won this bike in a fundraiser raffle. Raffle was a fundraiser for Los Ryderz Bicycle Club. Just took delivery of it this weekend at OBC Las Vegas. I've put a ton of miles on it all ready. Big thanks to everyone who had a part in making this bike happen.
  15. Skipton

Moto Glide on front page of Chicago Tribune

Just grabbed the paper and saw this... Woman on a cool Moto Glide in a article about protected bike lanes. http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-curb-protected-bike-lanes-met-20160304-story.html
  16. Skipton

2016 Chicago TailDraggers monthly ride. SATURDAY Dec. 10th

First event of 2016. Come hang out with the TailDraggers at the Chicago Winter Swap Meet. The 2016 Chicago Winter Bike Swap will take place onSunday, January31 at Harper College from 9:30-3:30 Harper College 1200 W Algonquin Rd, Palatine, IL 60067...
  17. Skipton

I finally did it.....

Found a couch on a bike ride ;) Now I'm almost as cool as Randy. :);)
  18. Skipton

I broke this today...

I built this bike to be bulletproof. One of the main things I made sure this bike had was a tough as nails Profile BMX three piece crank set. On my ride to work this morning the bike felt weird when I was hammering after a red light. Or when braking. When I looked down I saw this. :eek...
  19. Skipton

Sunrise

20. Skipton

100 miles

Ever since I took the 78 miles ride back in June I have wanted to ride 100 miles. June ride here.... http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/went-for-a-long-ride-to-have-lunch-with-xc204-oldgreaser.84113/#post-823024 So Friday @Boonies (Christoper) and I rode out to Aurora IL, for...