Search results

1. GuitarlCarl

ALiEN FiRE REWiND

There has been some recent interest in an old build of mine that has been lying in a pile of parts at my second house. I've stolen so much off of it that it'd be easier to build another one than to resurrect this one but it holds a place in my heart too. So here it is, a flipped ladies...
  2. GuitarlCarl

Into The Silence

3. GuitarlCarl

Odyssey of Flight

A pretentious name for sure but it is apropos for the journey traveled. A Flightliner frame scored here at RRB and a tank from a Ross Thunderjet were the nucleus of an evolving build finalized in the last few days of the buildoff. Odyssey of Flight. The build thread is HERE GC.
  4. GuitarlCarl

Sketchy

What do you get when you take the back half of a Flightliner and the front half of a children's Trek add a longer fork and chain steering? Sketchy. The little wheel and short wheelbase just loves the touring bike fork and chain steering. I rode it for about an hour today and even with the two...
  5. GuitarlCarl

BO15 Odyssey of Flight

Ok I'm in. Picked this sweet Flightliner with og rattrap fork right out of our "Sale" forum from @marius.suiram (Thanks again brother!) Sounds to me like a perfect fit for category one, stock frame and fork. I should have everything I need to get it rolling in a day. Three months to go... Note...
  6. GuitarlCarl

BO15 a short "Sketchy" ride video.

Major Edit: Sketchy starts on page 4, Little Neutrino will eventually be rebuilt but I just don't have everything I want to do it right and I don't want to do a half measure... So Sketchy is in it's place. Thanks! Carl. Blowing this apart. Note the flattened out stays. It was that way when I...
  7. GuitarlCarl

Unofficial March Shootout II 2020 VOTE HERE!

handyandy1100 bike A ^^^^ handyandy1100 bike B ^^^^ horsefarmer bike C ^^^^ MazdaFlyer bike D ^^^^ sandman bike E ^^^^ schwinn boy bike F ^^^^ Scrap Wolf bike G ^^^^ SoulGarageOH bike H ^^^^ us56456712 bike I ^^^^ us56456712 bike J ^^^^ GuitarlCarl bike K ^^^^...
  8. GuitarlCarl

Planet X superlight team alu

My flipper buddy found this on a scrappers truck and got it for ten bucks! I gave him 50 and still robbed him blind. Took it out today, what a beautiful ride, needs new bar tape, but I'm still amazed at how sweet this thing is. Shimano 105 brake/shifters are sick! Carbon fork, Element rims...
  9. GuitarlCarl

Unofficial March Shootout II

This is an "Anything Goes" bicycle build off with just two rules. First picture posted March 1st or later captioned "I'm in." Right here in this forum. and on March 31st or before, final picture captioned "I'm done." You can enter any bike in any condition. A voting thread with finished pics...
  10. GuitarlCarl

Mean Streak

Well, is it a muscle bike or not? It meets two out of the rules and I would add has a tough stance including pedal parking. Now, I did create it from the bones of a Long BMX, which in turn I created with the tubes from a couple of old ten speeds. But the look is there I think. If I was a banana...
  11. GuitarlCarl

Long BMXXX

I chopped up a couple ten speeds and built an adult sized BMX. Stripped Mongoose mags add some old school flair to the bare metal build. Check out the build thread >> HERE << Sent from across the universe using Tapatalk
  12. GuitarlCarl

Mean Streak

This is the STARTING POINT. The plan is to modify the: frame, wheel size, stance and color. Carl.
  13. GuitarlCarl

Bending a fork KOTA style

Think about the conduit bender... When you pull back on the bender, your stub of "conduit" will bend upwards. So imagine the tip of your fork as the stub. Now you can slide the bender back towards the head tube to move the inside of the bend further up the fork if you want. I usually get the...
  14. GuitarlCarl

Long BMXXX DONE!

Right now it's just a concept. I used a TALL Schwinn Traveler for the virtual "mockup" but I won't be cutting the Traveler up. I do have a similar Nishiki, but it's not here and I'm afraid it's not steel (I can't weld it if it's not steel) I do have a couple other frames and anything goes here...
  15. GuitarlCarl

Muscle Spasm keeps evolving

This bike has been a journey of it's own. I bought this Columbia Twosome tandem 17 or 18 yrs ago and had fun with it when my kids were little. We even had a trike kit on it for a while. Then up into the rafters it went. Years go by and I build a Huffy Daisy and a few years later I turned that...
  16. GuitarlCarl

El Chiggins

Let's try this again... Baremetal Bomber build thread HERE < go ahead click it. What I started with... 41 Elgin ladies frame and a 53 JC Higgins with a little chop cut and weld. I'm happy with how it came out. Both frames were badly broken but now they've got a second life as a rat. Carl.
  17. GuitarlCarl

The Thunderbolt Grease Slapper

The Build Thread is a tribute to the 60's cartoon, Tom Slick and the Thunderbolt Grease Slapper, narrated by the fictional Merle. So in honor of the original theme let's have Merle continue here... Well Buildoff fans and Rat bike aficionados, here we have a '53 Schwinn Spitfire. Gerty Growler...
  18. GuitarlCarl

Mystery Schwinn solved...

I know it was limited to a year or two. But haven't ran the serial yet, seller said '61 and I don't know what these were called either. Twin not cantilever is a bit much... Carl. Sent from the edge of an alternate universe...
  19. GuitarlCarl

50's Schwinn Spitfire chain guard in red

50's Schwinn Spitfire chain guard, preferably in red. I have one repainted in blue, and a bad job at that. It'd be for the BO14 class one Thunderbolt Grease Slapper. Carl.