Search results

1. OddJob

RAT / ROD MODEL KIT BASH CHALLENGE

Rat Fink fan? Weird Ohs model fan? Hot rod car fan? Born with styrene in your genes? THIS IS FOR YOU! This is the first ever on Rat Rod Bikes forum "RAT / ROD MODEL KIT BASH CHALLENGE" ! What is a kit bash you say. Here's the dealy boo: You take a model car kit, and you take a model kit...
  2. OddJob

6th Annual OddJob Awards for RaT-isfaction ! Winners here!

I hear by dub these builds in the Rat Rod Bikes Build Off #15 as the "Most RaT-isfying Rat Rods"! These bikes, which have a combination of real and faux-tina, epitomize the rat rod bicycle in my own weird rat-ionalizations. Whether scratch RaT, pack RaT, or sophistic-RaT, they all have met...
  3. OddJob

RaTs GaSs

RaTs GaSs (RG) is a gasser bike build inspired by the gasser drag cars and the spectraflame paint models of the Hot Wheels line. It's also Rat Fink inspired with it's goofy graphics, eye catching Metalcast paint job, funky headers, and hot rod style. The street across the pond from the BACK40...
  4. OddJob

What Does Your VIEW look like?

When I pull up our RRB secured website, my view of the page in the build off forum looks like this: Notice that I only see the Profile Pic of the builder in the left hand column, no name that identifies the builder. And on the far right, I only see the Profile Pic of the person who last...
  5. OddJob

BO15 RaTs GaSs...Great year all!...pg 26

So, we are in a strange time world wide right now. With that thought firmly planted in your mind, here's another unusual thought. OJ will be doing a 'shiny' rat build this year~! o_O Not only will it be shiny, it's going to be colorful as well! My experiment with the Dupli-color Metalcast...
  6. OddJob

Custom Bike-toon !

I recently joined Ratfinks group page on facebook. If you haven't been there yet, check it out. Tons of very good artists showing their work, lots of Rat Fink stuff / collections, and generally cool vibe! https://www.facebook.com/groups/227778693970029/ One of the artists, David Chesnutt, I...
  7. OddJob

Year of the Rat ?! RRB Build Off #15 !

On the Chinese calendar, this is a Year of Metal Rat, starting from the 2020 Chinese New Year on Jan. 25 and lasting to 2021 Lunar New Year's Eve on Feb. 11. Metal Rat? Are you kidding me?? :13: We have to somehow incorporate this into our RRB Bo #15 this summer! My mind is already swirling...
  8. OddJob

RaTsberry Buffet

This is a '60s Sears Spyder 5 speed that I found literally in a barn, under decades of dust and jammed up in a corner surrounded by other rusty steeds. I was able to salvage the frame and fork and a few parts from the original bike. The other parts were either new replacement parts or...
  9. OddJob

Finished Build Threads are UP!

Rat Rod , the website owner and admin, has put the threads up for the Finished Builds. Since we have a number of new builders this time around, here are some points to keep in mind as you enter your builds into this final phase of the build off. 1. Your first photo at the top of your thread...
  10. OddJob

RaTsberry Buffet ....What's cookin' ?....pg 9

From the land of Prince and Purple People Eaters, comes a mixed berry basket of parts, new and old. Berries are plentiful up here in the northland, berries of all sizes, flavors and colors. So shall be: RaTsberry Buffet. It's originally a Sears Spyder 5 speed, 24" wheeled, muscle bike. But...
  11. OddJob

The 5th Annual OddJob Awards!

This year, The OddJob Award will have a new twist ! It will still be given out for bikes, which have a combination of real and faux-tina, and epitomize the rat rod bicycle in my own weird rat-ionalizations. Instead of my previous award of the Weird-Ohs ad from the 1964 March edition of Hot Rod...
  12. OddJob

Muscle Bike Build Off....anyone up for it?!?

Hey all you muscle heads out there, I know we are in the last days of the annual RRB Summer BO, but it feels like Fall here in the north country; and you know what that means - - MBBO baby! @LukeTheJoker usually hosts this, but I know he is in the midst of a major life change / move and may not...
  13. OddJob

Helen Wheels

Helen Wheels started life as a 1953 Columbia 20" kids cruiser, was modified in the muscle bike rage of the '60s, and resto-modded and brought back to her glory by this guy in his 60s this August. Named after my grandma Helen, who was a bit of a 'hot rodder' in her 60s when she 'freed' this bike...
  14. OddJob

Trans-MIG-RaT

I started out with a girl's Hiawatha branded, CWC made frame and springer fork. The upper down tube from the girl's frame was cut out and then I cut the top tube and straight bar from a busted up '51 Schwinn and welded them on to the Hiawatha. From there on, it was pure RaT-isfying work! Here...
  15. OddJob

"Helen Wheels" : ...Farewell, Good Summer...pg 7

"And coming around the final turn is OddJob on his 50's muscle hog; 'Helen Wheels' . Will he make the finish by the end of August? Stay tuned, and keep the rubber side down!" So, a little back story is needed to appreciate this bike. When my grandpa died tragically at the age of 61 back in...
  16. OddJob

Persons seat and sissy bar USA original

This Persons banana seat has the label on the back, Persons Master Made USA, and the PAPER LABEL underneath! Vinyl is crispy, and torn / separating in a few places. The sissy bar is stamped (both stamps around the lower holes) Persons, and comes with the original Q bolts that attach the seat...
  17. OddJob

Trans-MIG-RaT...RidE ViDeo ! Pg 15

Definition of transmigrate transitive verb : to cause to go from one state of existence to another intransitive verb 1. of the soul : to pass at death from one body or being to another 2: Trans-MIG-RaT; to transfer tubes from one frame to another, using a MIG welder and cut-off tools. To...
  18. OddJob

FREE Wheel sets! SOLD OUT!

All 3 wheel sets are now sold! Thanks RRB dudes, you are the best! Here are the 3 wheelsets I have available. I will send them to you for the cost of shipping. I will use Bikeflights for the best price, shipped via FedEx. I'm guessing the cost would be between $35 - 50 from past experience...
  19. OddJob

77 Sunset Strip

When I picked up this 'barn find' 1977 Schwinn Sting-Ray, it looked like this: The frame and fork and handlebars were straight, and the wheels weren't ! I re-spoked the wheels with spokes from a late model BMX bike, cleaned up the faded paint and de-rusted the rims, bars, cranks, stem...
  20. OddJob

Is it time for Finished Builds thread?

Is anybody else out there ready for a Finished Builds thread to be initiated? I mostly just don't want to forget to post final pics if it comes down to the last day or two! We are getting a little bit down to the wire with just 3 weeks left. I know most are still hammering away, it might give...