Search results

1. Jude Ephesus

Yella’ Ross

More current pics; the detail wash is done. Although, I’ve just been letting it sit out on my patio to get rain and sleeted on! I hope to spiffy this up maybe the day before thanksgiving. Maybe I can snag a Black Friday shopper!
  2. Jude Ephesus

Yella’ Ross

So, not really a build, but a spiffy in a jiffy. I scored this super clean old Ross Eurotour5 for a $10 spot a month or so ago. it had a flat and dry rotted rear tire, but other than that, it looks pretty good. I really like colored tires, so after 2 mis-orders (due to awkward ISO size 26”...
  3. Jude Ephesus

1961 Rollfast Flying Tiger Bike

I haven’t been too productive on this thing.... I ordered some additional pinstripes for the green wheel areas, but they never came in!!! Got in the bottom bracket, headset cups and crank and chain ring in.
  4. Jude Ephesus

Sort of virtual classic bicycle 31 day race

SWEET pic’s!!!!
  5. Jude Ephesus

Sort of virtual classic bicycle 31 day race

So, looks like we’re running out of days here for others to take the challenge!!! I’m not grinding like I was, but still grinding. -with the shorter days and daylight savings, I’m pushed to do my weekday rides in the dark. (And cold) here’s tonight’s ride on the west shore trail (the back...
  6. Jude Ephesus

CL curb alert!

$0.00 the Raleigh is fully functional. Needs a good wash, scrub and lube. Front brake cable was seized. I got it loosened up.... need to get it moving a fuzz better. the road master needs a lot of help. Will probably just keep the wheels and tubes, strip some parts and chuck the frame.
  7. Jude Ephesus

Syracuse Classic Bikes impromptu 11/8 ride

Gorgeous day: sent out an APB and got in a quick ride! Phenomenal day here in upstate NY.
  8. Jude Ephesus

Syracuse Classic Bikes 10/31 ride

9. Jude Ephesus

Got me some big and little’s! I’m going to dress up the rubber/ sidewalls with some sort of lettering -also, you can’t really see in the pic’, but there is some overspray on the spokes.... gotta get that off.
  10. Jude Ephesus

Decals came out good. The vinyl was super thin..... and super sticky!!!! Fortunately I had worked with large vinyl decals before and knew how to use the windex and squeegee to easily position and flatten out.
  11. Jude Ephesus

Oh, they’re looking down alright! Plenty from my family to boot!!! I got a “pre-vet” going in this summer :heart: United States Navy Nurse Corps Here she is just after being sworn in...
  12. Jude Ephesus

Agreed.... I hear you. sometimes I get caught up doing stuff and don’t let up. I didn’t want to sink 5-10 hours into making the decals..... $15 and I’m done and can move onto the rest of the build. I’ve got plenty of time into painting the wheels and adding the green to the frame, forks and...
  13. Jude Ephesus

Totally cool insight! I had no idea the nose art went back that far! Thanks for the education!
  14. Jude Ephesus

The bike was super rough. I was either going to have a ton of time or money into repairing or replacing a number of key components. I scored a super clean vintage Huffy women’s bike off Craigslist for $20. I already tore the bike to pieces and salvaged everything but the frame. The Huffy had...
  15. Jude Ephesus

One note, I thought the decals looked small on the tank. I went up 2 sizes to a 12” x 7” decal. Once I get it, I’ll add. Should be in later this week.
  16. Jude Ephesus

Hey guys, Thanks for letting me crash the party with a bike I started back in early September. The plan from the start was a 26” “muscle bike-ish” cruiser. I’ve been wanting a 26” banana seat bike for sometime, scored a cool tank bike cheap and am now getting around to the build. The bike...
  17. Jude Ephesus

1961 Rollfast

Hey guys, I’m moving this build over to the winter / MBBO page. See you there!!!!
  18. Jude Ephesus

MBBO/BMXBO 2020-2021 RULES - READ FIRST!!!

I just found this was going on! I actually started building a 26” muscle bike in early September! I think I’ll meet all 3 of the rules in the class 1build..... Can I enter my ‘61 rollfast even though I started building in September?
  19. Jude Ephesus

GT Nomad

I hear ya! The bike is pretty cool. I’ve been looking for a cheap women’s hybrid to use for parts to hop up my collegiate.... just wanted some cheap, straight, LIGHT wheels. Found this thing instead! I think it’ll fit the bil.... maybe someone on Craigslist will build the thing out.