Search results

1. BDC

Brisbane's Wynnum-Manly Foreshore

A lunchtime cruise on the STR around the foreshore near my place in Brisbane. Beautiful spring day - 27c/80f. iPhone pics on an Osmo 4 Mobile Gimbal:
  2. BDC

What have you been riding lately?

Cheers - the injuries weren't too serious. I was back riding 2 days after.
  3. BDC

I put some new 4-piece bars on the STR and have been enjoying riding it lately.
  4. BDC

Wear a helmet. Seriously.

Not at all - this thread is a warning about mitigating the risk of brain injury by making the choice to wear a helmet when you ride. Whether it's mandatory or not, what it costs and anything else is irrelevant. It's because life can bite you on the bum sometimes.
  5. BDC

>> cuz that's how policy should be determined :thumbsup:.<< Was the rider made of straw maybe? :-)
  6. BDC

Have you started talking in the 3rd person? BDC approves.
  7. BDC

There was a campaign here in Queensland recently where it was argued that revoking the mandatory helmet laws would decrease the cost of health care on the public purse. (We have universal free health care - sort of). The argument was that more people would ride if they didn't have to wear a...
  8. BDC

Yeah - I understand that too. We don't get a choice here. It's a $113 fine for not wearing one. And it's enforced somewhat. But even so - I'd rather look a bit nerdy than having to be fed through a straw. Of course a catastrophic injury might never happen either - but my world has been a...
  9. BDC

Thanks - but I'm fine. Rode the Fat So again this afternoon - all was left to fix was the wheel had twisted slightly in the forks when I landed on them, straightened that out and we was off.
  10. BDC

That's interesting. I was wearing a Nutcase and it worked really well. It kept the upper half of my face off the tarmac effectively. Top lip and chin - not so much.
  11. BDC

I had a major face plant on my fat bike yesterday. I hit something slippery crossing on to a path, possibly radiator coolant, and before I could react I was kissing the pavement. Hard. Lost some skin, got some cuts and bruises - but nothing serious. That's only because I was wearing a good...
  12. BDC

New pedals on Str8 - and a camera lens.

Part of my living is made by contributing bike tests and imagery to Motorcycle magazines. So I need pretty good gear for the gig. To that end I just bought a new Nikon Z 70-200 lens - and it's killer. The shots above came from it on a Nikon Z6. As part of getting the feel for it I cranked off...
  13. BDC

New pedals on Str8 - and a camera lens.

I got some funky new pedals from Classic-Cycle.com for the Str8. I've been getting ready for show and shine in November and it's getting pretty close to done. I'm down to the small detail stuff now.
  14. BDC

I also have a C19 on my STR now. That is slightly wider, deeper and a little more comfortable.
  15. BDC

They aren't as comfortable as a B17 Leather seat, (that I previously had on this bike) but they are all weather and this is my 'wet' riding bike so that was the main reason for the change. They also take a while to break in. It's important that the angle has to be right too - higher at the...
  16. BDC

I also put some killa new pedals on the Str8 and have been riding it heaps too.
  17. BDC

I put some 3-piece bars, Brooks C17, a VG seat guts and new post on the Kona.
  18. BDC

Bike Trailers?

I got one of these off ebay and modified to suit. It's not finished yet - next stage is to add some more height with timber rails.
  19. BDC

Blue bikes.

Yerp. Just one.
  20. BDC

Today it's Fat so.