Search results

1. toro1978

Fully

The shim that I used for the seat post is for ahead stem, so about 30-40mm length only. I will be ordering a seat post shim which is I think 80 or 100mm long. In the meantime this is what it looks like under the seat: The nut on the seat clamp was chosen because it looks like a tooth wheel, so...
  2. toro1978

Fully

Today I have a day off so I got me my box cutter: Then I patiently shaved those tread edges off to give the front tire a more rounded look: Cockpit view: The Tacho didn't feel right. A wider view (it has a kickstand at last): I will have to get a proper shim for the seat post. I have these...
  3. toro1978

Studebaker Pedal Car

So, front drive or rear drive? :)
  4. toro1978

Itoh Chopper

Pretty good hack. I will remember it.
  5. toro1978

Itoh Chopper

Is that a MTB handlebar extension there on that seat post?
  6. toro1978

Early 60's ZZR Pionier.

How about a center stand on the frame, or a drop stand on the rear wheel?
  7. toro1978

Early 60's ZZR Pionier.

Just saw it on FB... Great work, Spike, very period looking. I like the old tail light and the "tank" straps. The headlight is a killer and the truss rods came out nice.
  8. toro1978

Fully

I thought so. Well, I will leave it like this for now. I will search for one of the thumb shifters located in Europe. P.S. Well it turns out the firston the list, the SL-3S90 can be purchased from Japan for a reasonable price, shipping included.
  9. toro1978

Fully

I am not familiar with these. I remember them vaguely from when I was a kid. Would this Torpedo shifter work?
  10. toro1978

Fully

While I enjoy how twist shifters operate I don't like how much handlebar length they cost me, so yes, I would very much like to replace it. I also don't have a rubber ring for this shifter, because it came with a twist grip. I would prefer a rapid fire 3sp shifter, but I haven't been lucky...
  11. toro1978

Fully

LOL, yeah I just read it! My initial idea was to use my Lepper seat, but it is in poor condition (an issue with one of the nose springs), it weighs a ton and requires additional support to not tilt back under my weight. The seat post is 1" and the inner seat tube is 1 1/8", but I used a shim...
  12. toro1978

Fully

I deprived another bike of its suspension post and I think this might be a final for the seat set up. (when I say full suspension I mean full suspension!)
  13. toro1978

German (or Swiss?) 28" diamond

I used a stem adapter to lower the bars. I wanted to use chrome bars but they were too short for the twist shifter, so I kept the original black ones. I also used the previous seat. I installed my old cork grips and changed the front light. I had to ditch the suspension seat post, too high for...
  14. toro1978

Well, I think I will have to swap a few parts. The seat was very high, handlebars too. Thinking of removing the fenders and the rack, keep the chain guard. I do however have paniers from my old commuter bike so I might leave it like this, not sure yet.
  15. toro1978

I went to the city today and had a look at the old bikes our co-op is offering. I was hoping for a diamond frame bike, possibly 28", something simple for the commute to the train station. There was this one: It has a few interesting touches. The front is not very inspiring, long gooseneck...
  16. toro1978

Fully

Tonight's update. I sanded what I could off the stem, will probably finish it. I am however not sure about the orientation up or down: I changed where the shock attaches to the frame, changed it to the highest point: I installed the anti rotation washers and this how it looks with the...
  17. toro1978

Fully

The numbers on the shifter don't change colors. Only 4 is red. Spike, it doesn't matter how beaten, you need only the frame+swingarm anyway. Your fully has a seat tube a bit lower than mine. I think I will try to cut the knobbies from the front tire Burt Munro style.
  18. toro1978

Fully

The shifter is called "rapidfire shifter" and the model is ST-7S20. It is now discontinued, but still available on the net, used or old new stock. I don't know much about them, but a good alternative to the grip shifters, especially on short handlebars or when you don't want to cut your grips.
  19. toro1978

Fully

Which shifter?
  20. toro1978

Fully

No, no rough terrain. Street only. Washers: These are 8L and 8R, for vertical dropouts.