Search results

1. outskirtscustoms

Show us your Cars!

Just an update... Got my Benz towed and nearly $400 later got my car back. Have not even owned it 30 days of the 45 day grace period to get plates and the city towed it no warning at all. Anyway I have lots of new stuff for it coming in. New tires, hood strut, fuel pumps (there are 2 fuel...
  2. outskirtscustoms

Show us your Cars!

Also got this cool vintage project. A 1983 Honda Aero And getting a second one tomorrow that's red to use as parts.
  3. outskirtscustoms

Show us your Cars!

Well I am still lurking in the shadows here, working full time I don't get much time to work on anything and the weather in Indiana has been 4 seasons every week so it rains every time I try to get something done. Very frustrating to say the least. Anyway figured I'd give an update on how...
  4. outskirtscustoms

RRBBO13 Fat bob

Ok guys I'm out. This bike thing just isn't going as planned, I get very little time off work to do anything. I have too many other things on my plate, and not nearly enough time in the day. Also been having problems with theft in the area and had a spare wheel stolen from the back of my project...
  5. outskirtscustoms

RRBBO13 Fat bob

Ok finally got some time to work on the bike... stripped it to the frame and shot it flat black greased everything and reassembled it. Still working on the front gears trying to get the first gear downshift dialed in. Other than that it rides just like new. Still gonna leave you in suspense...
  6. outskirtscustoms

RRBBO13 Fat bob

I'm building suspense...lol
  7. outskirtscustoms

RRBBO13 Fat bob

Ok guys I'm done stalling. I had to wait on this crank puller to do full disassembly for paint... Didn't see it shipped directly from China. Now the bike build can begin! Waiting for the new carb for the truck too. Besides the truck is inspiring the bike as they will match so kinda need to...
  8. outskirtscustoms

RRBBO13 Fat bob

Also found out how to get my pictures right side up, the orientation of the phone when the photo is taken was causing it. Flipped the phone and the pics came out right.
  9. outskirtscustoms

RRBBO13 Fat bob

Got some painting done on the truck. Top is painted, hub caps all re-done, now it's time to start on the matching bike build to go in the back.
  10. outskirtscustoms

RRBBO13 Fat bob

Refurbished my hub caps today for the rat rod. Truck needs a few more coats but it's a rat rod so it doesn't need to be perfect.
  11. outskirtscustoms

RRBBO13 Fat bob

Also painted the grille.
  12. outskirtscustoms

RRBBO13 Fat bob

Ok so progress... There is none. But my truck looks sweet now... Building my first rat rod. I'll probably procrastinate till the last week then jam something together last minute.
  13. outskirtscustoms

RRBBO13 Fat bob

Down under? Nope I'm in Indiana land of potholes, corn, and massive amounts of rust.
  14. outskirtscustoms

RRBBO13 Fat bob

Yeah i was fine, the Hyundai not so much. Got my insurance settlement and doing the work myself im going to save a bunch of money. Enough so that i bought another truck. Cost me $300 and a pistol. (It was a friend) so i got a 1981 GMC C1500 pickup with a straight 6 2wd. Going to be nice saving...
  15. outskirtscustoms

Show us your Cars!

Well insurance finally got around to estimating the damage to my truck and cut me a nice check so i took a little cash and went to the local junkyard to get some parts and im doing the labor myself saving enough money to buy another square. 81 GMC 2wd straight 6. And i dressed up my black 87...
  16. outskirtscustoms

Show us your Cars!

Guess this proves my point... Got rear ended last Friday night and i drove home. Bumper has a slight dent and a bit of twist and the brackets sheered off and broke at the bolts. The Hyundai is totaled from a less than 30mph collision.... I drove home. #classicnotplastic
  17. outskirtscustoms

RRBBO13 Fat bob

Yeah plus to top it off i got rear ended Friday night so i have to deal with insurance now. Dont know why my pics are being put upside down. They are right side up on my phone.
  18. outskirtscustoms

RRBBO13 Fat bob

Well I'm back! Been really busy as of late with my job running the parts store 40 hours a week, restoring my chevy truck which is now coming together while being driven daily. And my time is freeing up. So i am thinking of a build modern interpretation of an oldschool bobber but with attitude...
  19. outskirtscustoms

Show us your Cars!

I know i work at a parts store and turned down an offer of 5 grand just this morning at work. To me I couldn't buy anything as reliable and tough as this for 5 grand so I'll keep it. I've put lots of new parts in too.
  20. outskirtscustoms

~?What Else Do You Collect ?~

Die cast cars, square body Chevy stuff, hub caps, antique tools, and guns.