Search results

1. Alan Griffin

Schwinn Speedster what year?

I just picked up this Speedster, but can't find a serial number on the head tube or the left rear drop out. Is there any other place it could be? It's blue, has a camelback frame ans 26" S5 wheel. Any help will be greatly appreciated!
  2. Alan Griffin

Schwinn 24" Camelback frame and fork

Does anyone have a 24" camelback frame and fork? I have some stuff I could trade, or could buy outright. Campus Green or Sky Blue would be my first choices for color, but any would be considered. Thanks.
  3. Alan Griffin

Jokers Wild

This is a China made Schwinn Stingray knock off that I picked up in April last year from a scrap metal place. The springer forks were broken and the overall condition poor, but the frame was straight and useable, so I drug it home and throw it in the stash for a future project. I am currently...
  4. Alan Griffin

schwinn rams horn handlebars

I'm looking for a set of Schwinn Rams Horn handlebars dated 1967 to replace the ones taken off my Rams Horn Fastback years ago. Thank you.
  5. Alan Griffin

67 Schwinn Fastback

I just picked up a Fastback a few days ago. Serial #ECxxxxx, so if my information is correct that makes it a May 1967 build. A few things that puzzle me about this bike is that it is painted Campus Green which isn't listed in the Schwinn catalogs until 1968. Another thing I find curious is that...
  6. Alan Griffin

King RayKing finished

Well I Got'er Done! and been riding around the neighborhood enjoying it. I will be taking it to the Rat Rod Rumble in Lebanon Tn this fall and to the Get a Grip bicycle show in Cleveland Tn. next spring. Hope to see some of you there! next spring.
  7. Alan Griffin

Schwinn Midget

I only just found out that Schwinn made a 16" Midget Stingray! I'd like to build one up for my grandson when he comes to visit. Anyone here have one they'd part with?
  8. Alan Griffin

How do I read this date code?

This is the crank off of a Schwinn lil chik. How do I read the date?
  9. Alan Griffin

Schwinn kick stand

I need a kickstand for a 24 inch Schwinn canti frame for my King Ray build. I was going to shorten one from a 26" frame but it doesm't seem to fit in through the mounting hole correctly. Also, if anyone has a green occ stingray chain guard I may be interested in that too. Thanks, Alan.
  10. Alan Griffin

Ugly Schwinn frame

Yesterday I bought some old junk bikes, and in the pile was this ugly 26" Schwinn canti frame. The serial numbers start with "AJ" which translates into Jan. ' 73. It appears to have originally been yellow as I found some of the original markings on the yellow paint. These brown forks obviously...
  11. Alan Griffin

RRBBO13 King Ray

I'm sure this has been done before, so nothing too exciting here. I wanted to build an over sized Sting Ray by combining the handle bars and banana seat with a 24 inch frame. I know that Schwinn made a Manta Ray but it had a light weight frame with 1 3/8 inch tires. I wanted the heavier frame...
  12. Alan Griffin

Just picked up this Fastback!

I just bought this Schwinn Fastback. The bike is very rough and before I spend any money making it ridable again I want to check to see how original it is. The frame is dated Nov 1966 (LM55664) what other parts should have date codes I can check? Any help would be greatly appreaciated!
  13. Alan Griffin

No name (yet) rat

Maybe I need a cool name before I start cutting.....idk! But this is the starting point for my second build. I plan to cut the cantilever bars and cold form the chain stays like I read on someone elses post here. Then weld on a new point to locate the rear axle. More to come....
  14. Alan Griffin

Howdy from middle Tenneessee

Hi. My name is Alan and I'm from Murfreesboro Tn. I have built my first bike ( with some help from a friend of mine!) Which is an OCC Stingray that we widened the rear section (chain stays) to accept a 6 spd cassette, then he welded up two ape hanger handle bars to fit the stock handlebar...