Search results

1. David Cooksey

CLASS 1 VOTE HERE!!!! - CLASS 1 FINISHED BIKE PHOTOS BELOW POLL

Well I think that, although its not to many peoples taste, my entry this year was definitely a creative new idea. Go find another one! Lol But I'm not offended by one persons opinion. It certainly doesn't put me off entering again. Although next year I won't be doing a class 1 build again. My...
  2. David Cooksey

Nouveau Style

Thank you all for your kind words
  3. David Cooksey

Nouveau Style

I wanted to build a practical commuter bike that had a touch of craziness. It started as a poorly Peugeot NS "shopper" bike. The NS stands for Nouveau Style, something I learnt half way through the build. There has been metal working, painting, stickering, upholstering, wiring, wrenching and...
  4. David Cooksey

BO15 Nouveau Style (previously Shop-rod)

A couple more, very diverse locations
  5. David Cooksey

It does ride really nice though. The gear ratio is perfect. Oh and it does get noticed lol
  6. David Cooksey

actually, its all done! I just need to find a suitable location for the "finished thread" shot. I tried a couple of places over the weekend, but didn't quite "do it" for me.
  7. David Cooksey

Measuring,drawing,cutting, sewing and sticking!
  8. David Cooksey

I lost the momentum a bit with this. My mistake was to move it from the workshop to home. I put it in the garage and, well, other things took my attention! (I'll give you a clue... It has 4 wheels and an aluminium body..... It also now has a rebuilt alfa engine and custom exhaust.. But... Now...
  9. David Cooksey

Front gaurd painted and the wire for the front light now runs through the frame. What a faff that was!
  10. David Cooksey

That's it for today. And probably for a week or so.
  11. David Cooksey

I put a little shape in it with the English wheel and welded the first side in. Loosely fitted I still haven't worked out how I will attach it to the mudguard stays... Ooo I've just thought of a way as I was typing this! Lol
  12. David Cooksey

I was going to do something like this (a card mock up) But I think that it will look better if the quadrant was filled in completely, the the drip put over the black. I think it will balance the rear of the bike better. Any thoughts?
  13. David Cooksey

So that's the mudguard done? Well, it's me. Do I make things easy for myself? Of course it's not done! About half way there......
  14. David Cooksey

Hmmmmm since I have no space for the mudguard to fit between the forks, I can go my own way......
  15. David Cooksey

Then after a little smoothing with the Slapper and a suitably shaped Dolly, and a little sanding... Getting there. I'm using the original mudguard mounting rods and fixings so they have had a cleanup.
  16. David Cooksey

I've decided to make a mudguard. Starting with a piece of aluminium And a cup of tea! This was bent round a pipe. It needed a bit of "persuasion" with "The Slapper" (a length of a car leaf spring carefully shaped and profiled.) Then the edges are pinched in the shrinker This pulls the...
  17. David Cooksey

I've welded a bit on to the kick stand so the the angle is better. And, I've decided to make a front mudguard. Obviously the original won't fit anymore! The bigger wheels and tyres mean that there is no room between the forks. So I'm making one that starts at the back of the fork and drops...