Search results

1. RustyGold

The Gypsy Queen

Thank you for your service. USMC for me...'87-'91. My Brother was going for 20 in the Navy, made it to 16 and due to heart issues (that he resolved) no ship would pick him up...so he was involuntarily discharged.
  2. RustyGold

⬡⬣⬡⬣⬡ HEXtreme ⬡⬣⬡⬣⬡

I have a guys and girls standard model (M-1?), nearly down to frames. If I get an opportunity this weekend I'll get a weight. I'm assuming that it will be a bit lighter than the hextube as the castings are less substantial and I'm sure the hex tubes have more meat on them.
  3. RustyGold

⬡⬣⬡⬣⬡ HEXtreme ⬡⬣⬡⬣⬡

I don't think you would find them quite stiff enough for your applications, Hamppea...and not that light either :grin:. There is a diamond frame Duralumin SilverKing... I've never seen a real one, just the ads. I'm sure it probably has some rigidity issues as well.
  4. RustyGold

The Gypsy Queen

Nice... what branch?
  5. RustyGold

⬡⬣⬡⬣⬡ HEXtreme ⬡⬣⬡⬣⬡

All the Duralumin SilverKings...just the coolest of the cool.
  6. RustyGold

The Gypsy Queen

It isn't so much your choice...it's the type of steel's choice. In 22mm, if you go with 1018 (mild steel) ... use water 300°-350°. 4140 (Chromoly) ... oil. 304 (Stainless) ... can't be heat treated, but will work harden, like when you bend it.
  7. RustyGold

Build-Off Bike Names: Pop Culture References

My two cars that got me through High School were both '66s...at the time (mid '80s) they were considered classics. They were ~20years old...what 2001 car would you call a classic today? 2001 Mustang? 2001 Camaro? Nope...they are just old Mustangs and Camaros and whatever. Probably the last...
  8. RustyGold

The Gypsy Queen

Different steels require different solutions. Straight water is rarely the right one as it cools too quickly and can lead to cracks. Brine and oil are the most common solutions, air and water are less common.
  9. RustyGold

... From My Front Door

My Wife has been chastising the cats daily for a couple weeks for not bringing down a particularly prolific woodpecker. They aren't fulfilling their end of the contract :grin:.
  10. RustyGold

KK Slick Daddy, Felt Scythe, Diamondback chopper

Not mine, on CL in So. Oregon. I really like the Slick Daddy Many more pics in CL ad... Slick Scythe Diamond
  11. RustyGold

1997 Kona A’ha stars n bars

I was joking...if it was close by I would have leaned on you...but, it is even out of my definition of 'local'. I've emailed him about shipping...if that falls through (probable)...then I'll throw a hail mary. I'll be in Yellowstone in a week and a half... I'll see if he has any reason to be in...
  12. RustyGold

Hello from Indiana

Welcome to RRB! Cool 'Ray :thumbsup:! Jason
  13. RustyGold

:blush:...can you please leave some for the rest of us...:grin:.
  14. RustyGold

Unknown frame

Your right...the drawing does seem to have CWC dropouts. I was going off other AMF Shelby pics from equivalent year (different model) bikes. Maybe a later year all AMF version of this bike. I've found similar bikes by three different manufacturers...there is still Snyder, Monark, Murray, CBC...
  15. RustyGold

heck Ride 5/31/21

...and if there is any truth in advertising, the flyer kind of suggests Gary Fisher will be there :thumbsup:. Most of your event announcements cause some frustration from not being able to participate. For this one... in my current amorphous shape, I'm pretty relieved :grin:. Heck ride :bigsmile:
  16. RustyGold

I'll be in Yellowstone in a week and a half...but Durango isn't remotely on the way :(.
  17. RustyGold

You are probably within 6-7hrs of it...can you swing by and pick it up for me? :thumbsup:
  18. RustyGold

RRBBO16

At this rate we'll have 1280 entries by the time it's done! :rockout: ... :39: ... :headbang:
  19. RustyGold

The Gypsy Queen

Well...to be a proper global citizen, I hope you'll be bringing some skidstars, quicksilvers, and other Aussie coolness to swap for those prewar bikes. Cultural exchange and all :grin: .