Search results

1. BDC

Swamp dog

Not really a swamp - more of a storm water retention area near the park - but the dog loves a romp in the rain and we're having a wet autumn in Brisbane. So i 'winterised' the fat bike - not that it actually gets very cold here either - but the slicks and apes came off and the off-road shoes...
  2. BDC

Why I like 2 sets of brakes ...

on my bikes. Just now:
  3. BDC

Painted my Chrome bars

And it worked just fine. Couldn't find decent apes in black locally so I bought a chrome set. Gave them a good sanding with 160grit sanding pads/scourers till they came up like brushed steel finish, hit them with 2 coats of grey Etch Primer and 2 coats of Rattle can gloss black with a light sand...
  4. BDC

Saturday Evening Dash

I love it when a plan comes together. Even better when the lime tree in the back yard is pumping.
  5. BDC

Sigh ... waiting for parts to arrive.

I've ordered these wheel covers from Classic-Cycle.com. So far they have been in transit for 9 days and haven't left Germany yet. So I photoshopped the product shot off the web site onto my bike to see what they might look like. If this is close they will be worth the wait.
  6. BDC

Locked down in Brisbane.

I can leave the house to exercise - on a bike, in a mask - but other than that it's stay home for Dave. Fortunately I have my garage happy place that's full of treasure. :cool:
  7. BDC

Postcards from my Garage

8. BDC

New apes on Str8

The goal with this build has always been to try and 'upscale' the Dragster of my childhood, to make a bike that works for the 6'5" guy that kid grew into. (Any 'growing up' is definitely yet to occur however.) A monster low rider sort-of. New 20" x 30" apes put the grips right at shoulder...
  9. BDC

Brisbane's Wynnum-Manly Foreshore

A lunchtime cruise on the STR around the foreshore near my place in Brisbane. Beautiful spring day - 27c/80f. iPhone pics on an Osmo 4 Mobile Gimbal:
  10. BDC

Wear a helmet. Seriously.

I had a major face plant on my fat bike yesterday. I hit something slippery crossing on to a path, possibly radiator coolant, and before I could react I was kissing the pavement. Hard. Lost some skin, got some cuts and bruises - but nothing serious. That's only because I was wearing a good...
  11. BDC

New pedals on Str8 - and a camera lens.

I got some funky new pedals from Classic-Cycle.com for the Str8. I've been getting ready for show and shine in November and it's getting pretty close to done. I'm down to the small detail stuff now.
  12. BDC

Returning the helmet.

I ordered a Large. They sent a Small. Oh well - off to the Post Office to return it. Beautiful Spring Day in Brisbane so we hooked up the rig and had a fine time of it. My Pal was keen for a sniff (and two poops). Job done.
  13. BDC

24" or 29" Front Wheel?

24" or 29" front wheel on the Str8- what do ya reckon looks best? Got a new disc brake hub for the 24". It only takes 60 seconds to change 'em with the hex skewers. I like the 29" - but there isn't enough rake on the Electra frame to get the chopper sort-of look I was hoping for with the bigger...
  14. BDC

Fat So?

The idea is it's a Beach Cruiser that I can ride to, from and on the beach.
  15. BDC

Tonight's S8 tinkering.

Made some frame protectors from an old motorcycle fork gaiter - which required relocating the headlight - and I messed with the livery. Wheeled it out onto the driveway and grabbed my camera. Still got a few jobs to do on it - but the 29" front has come together nicely. It's the Monster Low...
  16. BDC

This category should be expanded to include 29ers too?

Over the last few years a lot of brands have released 29" BMX Cruisers. SE Racing, Mongoose, GT, Cult, Sunday High, Haro, Gary Turner, Throne, Framed, Hutch and more - all have 29ers now. Most groups lump 24", 26" and 29" BMX Cruisers together.
  17. BDC

Semi Integrated headset question.

I want to upgrade the headset on the S8 now that I have the new forks and wheel sorted: And go from caged to sealed bearings - so I bought this set. It has a split/compression crown race. Would you put a spacer underneath it - between the bottom triple tree and race?
  18. BDC

Current fleet shotz.

The STR 29" BMX Fully upgraded from the top components shelf.
  19. BDC

Afternoon Cruise on the Electr8

Typical winter afternoon here in Brisbane, sunny and around 22c/72f. Just right for a pedal with my pal. There's a nice shared pathway around the parks that run through the neighbourhood. I put the trailer on to take some pics of the new bars I installed on it yesterday. It had apes - but I...
  20. BDC

New bars on Fatso

I had some 10" BMX bars on it until this evening. I actually bought the apes for another build, but then I held them up to the Fatty to see ... and a few hours and a trip to the bike shop to get some longer cables later and ... Had a good skid around the park just now and I like it. I think...