Search results

1. furyus

DoorK

A quick search for Gallagher’s bike came up with nothing, surprisingly. How did he balance his? Was it a three-wheeler? Regardless, I don’t recall this being undertaken around here before, should be a hoot. You’re the one to pull it off, too. furyus
  2. furyus

Am I about to bend the rules to far?

There are no judges and it is a popularity contest. Everyone is adamant that they don’t care about votes but that voting must be loose enough so that everyone goes home with at least one. If you’re worried that Class 2 will eat your lunch, trust me, Class 1 will eat it too. Just build a bike...
  3. furyus

DoorK

So one up Gallagher. Door on each side for balance. May need lateral stabilizers (training wheels) for that, though. Rock on, Carl. furyus
  4. furyus

Quiver of Handlebars

Quiver is getting light. #3 and #5 remain for sale. furyus
  5. furyus

Mr. Rat, my first ratrod

Rare talent. Outstanding. furyus
  6. furyus

Blue bike

I choose the Bultaco. furyus
  7. furyus

⬡⬣⬡⬣⬡ HEXtreme ⬡⬣⬡⬣⬡

Great series of process pics, King. furyus
  8. furyus

DoorK

Great name. Funny memory. Hope you can pull this one off. furyus
  9. furyus

Quiver of Handlebars

Don’t think so, OJ, but might stumble across something. I’ll ping if I do.
  10. furyus

SOLD Cruddy Fork

Sold!
  11. furyus

SOLD Cruddy Fork

Pending...
  12. furyus

SOLD 1939 Mesinger Schwinn World Leather Seat

Rare condition example. Leather in very nice condition, with treatment would be very serviceable. OG paint and light corrosion underneath can be preserved into a sweet survivor seat. Frame looks straight, no cracking around rivets. 11” long by 7 1/2” wide. Hate letting this one go, but you enjoy...
  13. furyus

SOLD Cruddy Fork

Probably Hawthorne, possibly pre-war. Suspect 26” wheel fitment, 28” would be tight. Steering neck slightly bent, by design or by accident. Ghostly splashes of a blue or green paint, barely. Solid and crusty at the same time, which we all know is a feature not a fault. $50 shipped to the Lower...
  14. furyus

Quiver of Handlebars

SOLD 1) very rare 1977 Schwinn Runabout touring bars, flat and narrow $50 shipped SOLD 2) Torrington bars, original black, possibly off a juvenile bike but sweet shorty geo $50 shipped 3) Schwinn MX, short but a mellow pull-back, OG paint and primer, probably from the 70’s $60 shipped SOLD 4)...
  15. furyus

⬡⬣⬡⬣⬡ HEXtreme ⬡⬣⬡⬣⬡

Of course I’ll be contrary. I dig the 346 tires, especially with other touches the same tone, such as leather seat and leather grips. Subtle. That said, the way she sits is spectacular. Neck injuries from double takes inbound. furyus
  16. furyus

The Smoke

That frame looks awesome, especially raw. The fork is perfect, too. And a nice job on the wheel. Great start. furyus
  17. furyus

Quirk

Yeah, I wish I had discovered this geometry earlier. It’s the twenty I’ve been looking for without knowing it. Since I’ve ridden so many 20’s I’m used to the squirrel aspect and find this bike really stable. A few changes in where I’m sitting and what I’m holding should make it even better. furyus
  18. furyus

Quirk

Just a little background. The Huffy Pro Thunder Max was a copy of the Mongoose MooseGoose, both very early 80’s creations. The idea never really caught on, a nearly forgotten “quirk“ in the early history of BMX. I love 20” bikes, but they’re frankly pretty hard to ride as an adult. I saw this...
  19. furyus

'53 Bel Airflow Shelby

Great pic of your dad. My dad had a ‘53 too. Great looking cars. So what’s the story with “The Bismark?” Love how it’s misspelled and has a happy little curl of smoke from the stack. Fascinated by that ship when I was a kid as well. furyus