Search results

1. ClarenceB

Bck in Blck

excerpts from the build thread
  2. ClarenceB

Bck in Blck

thank you very much for the help! it worked! much appreciated!
  3. ClarenceB

Bck in Blck

Thank you thank you thank you!!!
  4. ClarenceB

Bck in Blck

does anyone know how to turn those images?
  5. ClarenceB

Bck in Blck

Final Build Notes: In comparison to some of the other contenders, this is a fairly basic customization. It was planned as such as I started late for health reasons - again. However, with plating small parts black, powdering rear wheel - fork - skull - fork springs to match the OG paint scheme...
  6. ClarenceB

Bck in Blck

I am not sure how many I will be able to build going forward with the health condition I am in but this one surely came out as planned. Now, in comparison to some of the other contenders, this is a fairly basic customization. However, with plating bolts, powdering and extending a steering...
  7. ClarenceB

Bck in Blck

Money shot? P.S. This thing rides like a dream.
  8. ClarenceB

Bck in Blck

Artist shot?
  9. ClarenceB

Bck in Blck

side or rear 3/4 shots?
  10. ClarenceB

Bck in Blck

my baby got back......
  11. ClarenceB

Bck in Blck

yessssss, it's not rubbing.......and has a dice valve cover....!!!
  12. ClarenceB

Bck in Blck

The Skull face is powdered in the metallic silver of the hand painted Electra label on the frame. There is an adapter between the ape and the skull.
  13. ClarenceB

Bck in Blck

its done.......fork and new headset are installed
  14. ClarenceB

Bck in Blck

I've got all the parts and almost 3 days. Totally doable!
  15. ClarenceB

Bck in Blck

@Starnger Yeah, that's a lesson I had to learn. Masking your own pieces is the way to go as well as experimenting with the skill level of the powder industry - which could vastly differ from shop to shop!
  16. ClarenceB

Bck in Blck

@OddJob Since you 'rattle canned' the springer, you may be familiar with all these parts. Mine are powdered to match the OG gloss black paint of the bike. I had to remove the powder from the area of these links on the bottom that are in contact with the fork as the powder acted like glue and...
  17. ClarenceB

Bck in Blck

@OddJob Thanks for all the help!
  18. ClarenceB

Bck in Blck

@OddJob : That grey bike is a masterpiece. All the work that went into powdering that monark can truly be appreciated after going through that process. Thank you for the lead on that fork. Sounds like that is wholesale, which is why i didn't find it. Awesomeness. My shop only orders once a week...
  19. ClarenceB

Bck in Blck

Yeah, no doubt! No way my seller knows the entire market, no one really does. I was merely quoting him. I am glad you found another example, quite impressive since I couldn't find any. Not even the Electra forums have any. The image you posted is very interesting for another reason. It appears...