Search results

1. SkyknightJohn

BO15 Special Bomber

Nice! They really are such sweet frames- super light steel (steel is real!) Only eclipsed by the Stumpjumper Comp level of the same era, (which my wife has) though I’ve heard good things about the Trek line of the time. I should have more updates soon, good weather finally coming this weekend...
  2. SkyknightJohn

BO15 RaTs GaSs ... Spectra-flame ON ! ..pg 12 !

That’s hot stuff right there! :rockout:
  3. SkyknightJohn

BO15 The Kwaka

Looking Cool! How’s the rear wheel clearance once the shock is under conpression? Looks pretty close from the pic, but may just be POV.
  4. SkyknightJohn

BO15 Stretch chopper bobber thingamajig

good looking frame/wheelset. nice work. Looking forward to the rest...
  5. SkyknightJohn

BO15 Special Bomber

Today’s forecast: Bertha. It’s a little humid today. No painting or other work. The weekend looks nice...
  6. SkyknightJohn

BO15 Retro Mullet Ratpacker - 90’s steel MTB // 2X9 // disc conversion // mullet bike

Weight weeines count grams... you’re talkin’ a half-pound! That’s a whole gormet burger! :D
  7. SkyknightJohn

BO15 Retro Mullet Ratpacker - 90’s steel MTB // 2X9 // disc conversion // mullet bike

Not terribly expensive. I have a 26er on my 1950 CWC from last year.
  8. SkyknightJohn

BO15 Special Bomber

A little wet sanding today, so it’ll POP! It’s too cool and humid to shoot the clear coat, so, off to other adventures in social distancing. ;)
  9. SkyknightJohn

BO15 Grammaw Patina Bike

Great looking basement workshop, too!
  10. SkyknightJohn

BO15 Grammaw Patina Bike

Lookin’ like a great starting point. Nice work putting the kiddo to work on the shed and prepping the yard for Memorial Day. But seriously, I’m not just trying to push you to pg2 to help catch up with OJ!
  11. SkyknightJohn

BO15 Special Bomber

No, with KETCHUP silly! :bigsmile:
  12. SkyknightJohn

BO15 RaTs GaSs ... Spectra-flame ON ! ..pg 12 !

You mean ‘Coups de GaSs?’ :)
  13. SkyknightJohn

BO15 Sharp21 and the Snoozer Cruiser

Nice work! The red inside the chainguard, the springs... great touches to bring it together!
  14. SkyknightJohn

BO15 WAHA-SEDB-3 (Trike-Tor)

What about a connection between the fork dropouts that becomes the central point of rotation, kinda like in KF’s pic above, (other aspects aside) so you’re not dealing with the change in Z axis from the fork? Making it like the steering tube ‘virtually’ extended all the way. Adding...
  15. SkyknightJohn

BO15 Special Bomber

:bigsmile: Oh no.. it has color. I’m just waiting for the big reveal in order to buid anticipation! ;)
  16. SkyknightJohn

BO15 Radarlux Space-Cadet

Amazing work! :thumbsup:
  17. SkyknightJohn

BO15 Special Bomber

One last shot before paint: I went over it again, getting some of the tough spots better (behind the BB, behind the seat clamp & down the seatstay triangle) and brushed everything as even as possible, removing any signs of rust that had begun. Wiped down with paint thinner, then the last of...
  18. SkyknightJohn

BO15 Special Bomber

I have a dremel, there are just places it couldn’t reach, either. Santa’s bringing me a new house, with a big workshop, and a sand blaster! :21:
  19. SkyknightJohn

BO15 Special Bomber

Oh, still have the fork to do... Just want to get a layer on the bare frame before too much rust happens. Lots more rain in the forecast.
  20. SkyknightJohn

BO15 Special Bomber

If I thought the chainstays had fiddle-y bits, the seat stays had something for me! Lots of hard to reach places, lots of hand sanding with little strips of sandpaper, but she dares to be bare: Was a gully washer of a rainy week here, and the humidity is still up, especially in the morning...