Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Then8j

1941 Firestone Cruiser (Bullnose)

By far my favorite!!! The colors, the composition, and the bike is well represented in a timeless way. I hope other people agree
  2. Then8j

Mike Wolfe of American Pickers & FELT Bicycles create the "Red Wolfe" Bike

It would be Great if someone Were to buy one Of these bikes then Go ahead and enter it Into this years build off and make it a true ratrod!!
  3. Then8j

The Twin Phantom

I put the black phantom together and traded it for another, the twinbar frame is out behind the garage waiting to be put together
  4. Then8j

REMIX

By far my favorite build this year for sure. I'm logging in just to see the progress. What do you plan on doing with it when you are all finished? I'm sure the steampunk conventions would love it.
  5. Then8j

X-53 Tadpole (His & Hers)

What ever happened to this build?
  6. Then8j

The Elgin Bruin! ***Fender Update June 16th***

That is a great way to recycle!
  7. Then8j

Woody phantom

Getting last details put together, Wheels and tires put on, tightened up some nuts and bolts and ready to try to maiden voyage........ Got to the end of the driveway and the chain that I saved from the rust gods snapped, guess I should have left it alone and buried it in the back yard since...
  8. Then8j

Woody phantom

Just got in my tires, but I have to wait till tomorrow to take the time to throw them on. I think that they my look real good
  9. Then8j

Blackened White

I love it. What do you have to work with?
  10. Then8j

Woody phantom

I was able to find a seat that works for me.....
  11. Then8j

Woody phantom

I work on it more, seems that once I start I can't stop thinking about it and want to keep going until its done...... But I do have to wait for some parts now. The seat doesn't go and am looking for a brown leather one, going to get cream tires to see how they look and a couple other little...
  12. Then8j

Before & After Pics

IMG_1649 by then8j, on Flickr After Dx by then8j, on Flickr
  13. Then8j

Woody phantom

I found a head badge that I liked and thought it would good on this bike......
  14. Then8j

Woody phantom

Awesome the brown wall tires might be the ticket!
  15. Then8j

Woody phantom

So I did a mock up last night. I'm not sure about the color of the tires or not, what do you think? Still need to decide on fenders or not. Black fenders may fix the tire color issue. I like the handle bar grips they are all crusty and one is blown out.
  16. Then8j

Woody phantom

The tank and chain guard need some detail, black paint is always the easiest...... Ready for clear gloss
  17. Then8j

Woody phantom

Then I took clear lacquer and added pigment to it, slowly each layer got progressively darker but still see through.
  18. Then8j

Woody phantom

ok picked up some red tires, mockups help with the creative flow. Started with a cream colored base coat, using lacquer. Then using thinned down black paint to drag on faux grain.
  19. Then8j

Woody phantom

I started off with this....... It was a black phantom at one point, red under the head badge and black in the back where the yellow house paint didn't get brushed on it.......I traded a friend a different bike for it. I like the schwinns as riders because they are comfortable for me to ride. My...
  20. Then8j

Curved Odyssey, Final build

By far this one takes it for me, the color choices, the curves, the class.....it is truly a piece of art thown together so gracefully......
Back