Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Alienbaby17

Covid Junker

This looks awesome and makes me want to do something similar. You may find this interesting- my “Covid Junker” is actually the King Size Heavy Duty I bought from you last year. Coming along pretty well.
  2. Alienbaby17

New guy from St Paul MN

Welcome from Minneapolis. I have a few Hawthornes also. I like them. They are nice, affordable old bikes. I also like your truck. I assume you're going to paint the bike to match.
  3. Alienbaby17

Help ID'ing a Springer Fork

Thanks for your help!
  4. Alienbaby17

Help ID'ing a Springer Fork

Im hoping someone can help identify this springer fork. I know it is NOT original to the bicycle as I bought it years ago in EBay as just the fork. Seems to fit this 26" Murray but Firestone pretty well but I'd like to know the origin. Thanks in advance.
  5. Alienbaby17

Help with a 1950s Schwinn American

Here's an example of an American I picked up at a car swap meet a year ago. I think I got it for $85. I believe it's a 1955 model and pretty much all OG with the two speed and unusual front brake.
  6. Alienbaby17

Monark Rocket

Earlier this summer I picked this one up. It has a Trophy badge on it but the tank says, 'Western Flyer'. Someone swapped out the correct sprocket for this Shelby one.
  7. Alienbaby17

Thompson Speedway Swap Finds

The trike is cool, but that doll gives me the heebie jeebies! I love auto swaps. Unfortunately the bikes guys around here are just as present at them as the car guys so there's lots of competition for good finds.
  8. Alienbaby17

Elgin Falcon? Blackhawk? Swap Find

Thanks for all of the input. Being that it's been repainted and missing the original fenders I'm not sure if I'll ever know exactly which model it was. I had considered trying to strip some of the repaint off to see if the fork might be chrome plated underneath. Otherwise I'm not sure how I...
  9. Alienbaby17

Thanks for the replies. I just went back out and looked and it appears that the first letter of the serial number is an, "L" not an "I". If that is correct it would appear the bike is from 1933.
  10. Alienbaby17

Today was the annual fall swap meet here in Minnesota. I picked up two bicycles at the swap. This is one of them. I know it is an Elgin Falcon or Blackhawk. Due to the repaint and missing parts I don't think I can specify which model exactly it is. Any information regarding what year it is or...
  11. Alienbaby17

Bed full of Sprockets

No, I'm still here.;) As I responded via PM and publicly earlier in this post- I got so many PMs to this post that it was a bit overwhelming. Because of that I decided my smartest move was to actually figure out what each piece was and what is was worth before selling it. Apparently asking most...
  12. Alienbaby17

Bed full of Sprockets

Ok, I've been a little overwhelmed by the responses to these sprockets so I'm just going to hold off on the sale of all of them for now- at least until I can figure out what they're from and what they're really worth. Thanks for the interest.
  13. Alienbaby17

Bed full of Sprockets

I'm open to FAIR offers on any of these...I only am really interested in keeping a few. Feel free to PM me with any FAIR offers.
  14. Alienbaby17

Bed full of Sprockets

I have a friend without an Ebay/ Paypal account. Ever once in a while he asks me to buy something for him with my account and then he pays me back later. Recently he asked me to buy about $45 worth of motorcycle parts for him. When he came yo pick them up he asked me if I would be interested in...
  15. Alienbaby17

Oil can, please! Rustiest bike I've ever found.

I think I was thinking some other manufacturer because I had never seen a Monark with a skip tooth on it. I'll get a look at those SN's tomorrow.
  16. Alienbaby17

Ha! OK! I guess that makes sense.;)
  17. Alienbaby17

That makes sense. When I flipped it over there was still the original little stamped tag on the bottom of the crank. It looked identical to the tag on the bottom of a 40's Monark I have. Who made the Monark bicycles of this vintage?
  18. Alienbaby17

I think I'm going to let it soak in penetrant for at least a week before I do anything else to it. The woman I bought it from had been using it as, "garden art" for the last two years. When I initially hit it with some PB Blaster I could almost hear the rusty metal cry out, "Thank you". After...
  19. Alienbaby17

I picked this up today. It had been on CL locally for about a month but the seller was very hard to communicate with. I finally got her to agree to a time to meet up and came home with this rusty prize. The down tube is actually separated at the bottom and the crank bearings are rusted to the...
Back