Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Three-Wire

Western Flyer MotoFlyer

Re: Motor Time with UCB It looks really good! It's nice that you've got both chains tensioned without using an idler. These things take a little tweaking and some ingenuity, but once you get it dialed in you're going to like it. 8) There are a few places on the internet that sell...
  2. Three-Wire

Western Flyer MotoFlyer

Re: Motor Time with UCB If you haven't already got your 415 chain, I've got one NIP for you w/ master link. I'm in Goddard and can deliver... 8) Let me know - I was the guy selling the two built motorbikes at MWBS.
  3. Three-Wire

Gravity racer - Calling all daredevils!

Those are great lookng bikes, and I'm jealous of your hill! Kansas does actually have a few hills, but they are afraid to put corners on the roads. The Coaster's event that I built this bike for was today. It had rained for most of the night but was clearing this morning, and I think the...
  4. Three-Wire

Can't wait to see it! I've got the day off, so I'm working out the last kinks... Front AND rear bakes are functional now, wheels and temporary protective coating are next. :D
  5. Three-Wire

End of the month? End of the year? All I need to get a run and technically finish is through Sunday, but it'll take me at least through the end of the month to get the fiberglass and appearance work finished. 8)
  6. Three-Wire

I didn't get to run yesterday, so I'm out unless there is an extension to next week... It was fun, and it will run next weekend!
  7. Three-Wire

Did a little work tonight... It's almost ready to run, but lots of little things still to do. Like rear brakes... And different tires... And truing the wheels and brake discs... And figuring out the final solution for the foot pegs... And adding balast... And maybe some paint and cleanup...
  8. Three-Wire

I was in Creede, Colorado over the weekend and spotted this: A little different than what we're building, but still interesting.
  9. Three-Wire

Thanks Randy. We plan to be there... My wife is gonna ride her 'Lil Chick - first time she's been on it since she was a 'lil chick. We'll take off the chain and put on caliper brakes just for this. 8) I suspect you'll be ok, but if you're not confident in it then I'd find something else...
  10. Three-Wire

Took a night off from chores to get some work done. Call it a mental health evening... Got the majority of the frame work done. Still some tweaking to be done, but this is the basic layout... I need to add a member where the red line is drawn. To keep the pivot point locked into the...
  11. Three-Wire

MOTORIZED?

This could be just the motivation I need to get cracking on my next motorized project... Details, please!
  12. Three-Wire

Well, you guys have inspired me... The Coaster's are hosting a Gravity Shoot-Out in a few weeks and I thought it looked interesting, but Philphine's, Fej's, and Snydur's bikes along with Snydur's experience put me over the edge. I'm in. May not get to run it until after the deadline, but...
  13. Three-Wire

Hawthorne by Hercules, next light bike

So that's what they're supposed to look like! Good find... Can't wait to see what you do with it. I've finally got a few miles on mine and I love it. I agree that something about this frame just makes it ride smoooooth and quiet. Gonna be hard to strip it down again for paint... :)...
  14. Three-Wire

Custom Hawthorne

Like the bike so far! Good choices on colors and style... I like the ingenuity of your adjustable shifter cable, too! Nice work. 8) Don't give up on the 3-speed coaster hub - it'll be worth it when you get your hands on one. I have a Shimano 3CC that I really like, and my wife has a SA...
  15. Three-Wire

Hot Rod 'Liner, a couple more ride pics

Re: Re: Hot Rod 'Liner Love this picture! This build turned out extremely well, and i love the final product. Excellent work!!
  16. Three-Wire

***The Viscount*** - It's rolling...

Well, this is what I was afraid of. This bike will not be finished before the deadline... I just ran out of time - where did the summer go?!? There will be a completion thread for this bike sometime in the fall when I can get back to it. I have all the necessary supplies and equipment to...
  17. Three-Wire

It sounds like it'd geared too tall, but remember the Bendix hub is 0.67:1 and 1:1. Right now, low gear is roughly equivalent to 31/18. With the new sprocket, low gear will be about 35/18 and I'll have 52/18 to cover ground on those long flat Kansas rides...
  18. Three-Wire

Thanks for the thoughts guys! As usual, you steered me in a positive direction. You know, I swear that when I started this build, I looked for cottered cranks, just to get an idea how common they are. I sure don't remember seeing any then, but I've found a bunch since. Got a good line on a...
  19. Three-Wire

-ROLAND- FINISHED ((sneak peak))

Re: -ROLAND- Mock up and test ride 6-25 Awsome... 8)
  20. Three-Wire

Re: ***The Viscount*** Thanks Randy. I've had the house to myself this week, so I've been able to get enough done to get to a rideable state... Disassembled and cleaned the donor wheels Scrubbed and polished the salvaged spokes Overhauled the high-flange aluminum roadie hub Cleaned and...
Back