Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. c.p.odom

High Flange Coaster Brake Hub

I just finished the first of my high flange coaster brake hubs, Done except I need to etch the logo into the brake arm. This is a continuation of the one-off project by Guy Doss and Amir Avitzur but with more details and soon available for sale. These can be matched to my existing front hubs.
  2. c.p.odom

Bike Swap Scores (for once)

I had a good day at the local bike swap: Complete Girls Silverking Wingbar and a 1963 Cinelli Speciale Corsa frameset! Both stupid cheap!
  3. c.p.odom

Go Big!

I just updated my bike from a 56 tooth ring to a 66 tooth ring. Go big or go home!
  4. c.p.odom

Brake Rotors (Disc)

Does anybody on board make bicycle brake rotors/disc? I am looking for a disc that matches the aesthetics of my high flange hubs. I either need them made, or to buy blanks, or to buy the correct material so I can machine them myself.
  5. c.p.odom

New Crank 66 tooth and Hubs.

here is a picture of a new crank, ring, and bolts that I designed and made for the North American Handmade Bicycle Show next month.
  6. c.p.odom

New Hubs By Curtis Odom

I just finished a batch of my new track hubs. These have very large 4 inch diameter flanges, the hub body is a three piece assembly, the axles are hardened stainless steel with oversize sealed bearings. The lock nuts and spacers (missing) are not finished yet.
  7. c.p.odom

Gear Drive Bike

Came across this picture. It makes me want to start looking for gears. This could be a lot of fun to build.
  8. c.p.odom

Stand Off Brake Arms

Is anybody using "Stand Off" brake arms on their motorized bikes? This was standard on the Whizzers at one time as well as on drum braked motorcycles.
  9. c.p.odom

Curtis Odom rides a Rat Rod!

Hi to all from Curtis Odom (C.P.Odom) New guy to the sight and glad to be here. Several old and new friends suggested that I come on board here. I have had a lifelong love affair with bicycles and cycling. Oddly my love of cycling grew out of my love for surfing. As a twelve year old riding my...
  10. c.p.odom

Cutaway Hub Collection & CAD Models

In response to Cameron's great work making his own cutaway hubs I will be posting photos of my own collection of factory made cutaways along with some CAD models I have made.
  11. c.p.odom

Schwinn Phantom Frame Parts

Here are a few frame parts from the reintroduction of the Schwinn Centennial Phantoms. The bottom brackets shells were supposed to be serial numbered and everyone accounted for, not this one. Bottom Bracket Shell: BB Shell, Dropouts, Brake Bridge, Kickstand Brackets, Chain guard Brackets...
  12. c.p.odom

Another build by Curtis Odom

This bike was built from cheap heavy mild steel just to see if I could do it. The rear dropouts were cut from 1/4" steel plate with a Porter-Cable Jig Saw (I recommend doing this). The tubes were bent on wood fixtures. All the tube mitering was done with hole saws. A wood welding fixture was...
  13. c.p.odom

Ultra Lightweight Cruizer Built From Scratch

The frame is built out of 6061 T6 aluminum. First I annealed the tubing back to "O" condition (soft). Curved wood forms were made to bend the tubes on. The fork and chainstays were tapered at Hooker Headers on their hammer swage. Machined parts were done at Topline Cranks. The whole frame and...
Back