Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. O

board track racer

Thanks El Guapo, knowing the wheel size definitely helps give scale to the bike. It looks like a really nice rider (although the low seats always make my knees hurt just to look at :P )
  2. O

board track racer

I love the look of this bike, its exactly the sort of thing I'd love to build. Just a few questions if you don't mind. Is that frame a firewing? Also, are those 26" wheels? The reason I ask is that I have never seen one of these frames in person (or any of the nice curvy prewar ones you guys...
  3. O

YZ-24 MotoBike ...now SOUTHERN FLYER (6th Place) *revised*

Re: YZ-24 MotoBike ...now SOUTHERN FLYER -It's a matter of TRUSS That looks amazing, I think you captured the look you were going for perfectly. Are you not worried about the strength of those toilet seat bits?
  4. O

Forkless trike

This is the build that has really captured my imagination this year. Can't wait to see what you do for steering!
  5. O

RRBBO-8 Preview

I am going to be following your build, that frame looks like a folding version of the bike that I have hanging in my shed, waiting to be built. I am keen to see you build something practical with it. Mine is a "Puch Mini" which I also aim to build into something practical, since I commute a...
  6. O

Built in Africa

Hey Mick, that bike is awesome, great to see a South African build, where are you based? I'm in Cape Town, I've been keeping my eyes open for anything like the cool old frames that the US guys get, but no luck so far, it doesn't seem like many non-diamond frames ever made it onto our shores.
  7. O

Rattle can or Powdercoat?

Some of you guys have mentioned the rattle can paint chipping, but powder coat can chip too and when it does its pretty ugly, my mountainbike has quite a few deep chips out of the factory powder coat (of course it's a mountain bike, so war wounds just add character). Once something is powder...
  8. O

New School *Now with riding Video*

Re: New School I can't express how awesome this bike is. I love how rideable it looks. I want it for my everyday bike, it just looks like SO much fun.
  9. O

••••\Ya·Ku·Za/•••• " lotsO clear update pics "

Re: ••••••\Ya·Ku·Za/•••••• !Guinness World Record?! • Aha, I see, that' makes sense. I didn't know that (or anything else) about plasma cutters.
  10. O

Re: ••••••\Ya·Ku·Za/•••••• !Guinness World Record?! • Echoing everyone else, these things are hardcore, I dig them. I am curious though, they look really thick in the pictures. Is that an optical illusion or are they much thicker than regular MTB discs? If so, how do they fit in the calipers?
  11. O

Re: ...\Ya·Ku·Za/... I'm gonna be following this one! I loved what you did with the Aluminati. I am a mountain biker at heart, so I am excited to see what you are going to be doing with those pieces.
  12. O

BUILD OFF #7 DISCUSSION

Yup, no building at all (unless you count my shiny new brake-cables :wink: ), just a small amount of cleaning and half a tear-down.
  13. O

BUILD OFF #7 DISCUSSION

So maybe this is a dumb question, but I "started" a build a while ago because I was too impatient to wait for the build-off. Now build-off has arrived, and I have accomplished nothing because I ended up moving house instead, can I still enter it? Here I submit my work done so far for your...
  14. O

Puch Mini Restore

No real update because the bike is packed away while I move house, but I did notice this decal on the rear fender while I was boxing it. It should define the bike's age, but Puch's history is a bit confusing, I'm not sure what exactly this is a 100 year commemoration of. Wikipedia claims that...
  15. O

Puch Mini Restore

Thanks for the interest, helps me to keep motivated on the bike. It is not a folder, although I think Puch made a folder which was extremely similar this non-folding version. This frame is tiny, I look pretty funny on it. I am definitely thinking about getting a bit of a layback seatpost and...
  16. O

Puch Mini Restore

I have been having trouble with the 3 speed hub (The Styria 3-Gang is apparently a Sturmey Archer clone). It seems almost as though the thread that the indicator chain screws into is stripped, because it screws in for a half turn or so before slipping out. Has anyone had this problem before? I...
  17. O

Puch Mini Restore

I have made a little progress. Got almost everything off the bike for degreasing and cleaning, then put back the basics (I'm leaving off the fenders, rack and kick stand for now, man those things are heavy!). I couldn't figure out how to get the cranks off just yet, but that wasn't really...
  18. O

Puch Mini Restore

Hi Folks I have been lurking for a while since I first had ambitions of building up an old vintage bike. What I really wanted was a beautiful old Italian racing bike, but the more that I read here the more I realised how much fun it would be to have something totally unique. I eventually...
  19. O

Puch Mini?

Weird, the image was working on my PC. I did notice it didn't show up on my phone though. I have tried photobucket too now, can you see it?
  20. O

Puch Mini?

Hi Folks New poster here (but I've been lurking for quite a while) This bike is hanging in my grandfathers garage, and I have been offered it if I want it. I'm hoping to do a bit of a restore, but I'd like to find a bit more about it before I decide what direction to head. Does anybody know...
Back