Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. slowrider

Which 3spd hub, SA or Shimano?

Cool, well thanks for all the info guys and I also did a lil researching myself and found lots of info on both hubs. I think I'm going with the SA hub but deciding to with a 2 speed kick back rather than the 3 speed. I like the fact that I can still maintain the clean look of my cruiser(no...
  2. slowrider

Beautiful day for a beach cruise

Thanks carbon, it also rides suuuper plush!
  3. slowrider

Which 3spd hub, SA or Shimano?

Stumey Archer or Shimano? Looking into getting a 3 speed hub, which is the best hub and what experiences do any of you have with either. Thanks.
  4. slowrider

The Black Pearl (FINISHED PICS)!!!!!!!!!!

Re: The Black Pearl Very nice build!
  5. slowrider

Hey thanks. Haha pretty cool! Pics of bikes sitting on the edge of two totally different oceans. Yes this thread has some cool potential.:) Cool Huffy btw.
  6. slowrider

7. slowrider

spoke length

Great thanks for the link Markm! I only have one question on that...what is the most common "cross pattern" for a 26"-36 spoke wheel?
  8. slowrider

so my bike got stolen

Re: so my bike got got stolen Where in SoCal are you??
  9. slowrider

Good new cruisers under $200

Imo it's the frame that makes the bike...everything else can be replaced. I have two bikes, one is a aluminum frame schwinn ruler and the other steel frame huffy cranebrook. They are both made in china but the welds on the schwinn seem a lot nicer and cleaner than on the huffy. Also another...
  10. slowrider

Little love from Vegas

Yeah I have the same frame, it's pretty cool, it has a short seat tube which gives it a low look. I bought mine at Costco in 2007. Kinda miss the stock look of it...nice bikes!
  11. slowrider

Markm's Frame

Very awsome bike...I dig the fat tubing :)
  12. slowrider

bolt on handlebar cross bars

Yeah I used an extra set of handlebars from my daughters 50 which ended up looking kinda cool...still deciding whether to keep the crossbar or not. :?
  13. slowrider

Wide production bikes

Thanks, how about any 26" bikes?
  14. slowrider

Wide production bikes

What production bikes (That are somewhat easily found) have wide chainstays to accept maybe a 4" wheel without heavy modding?
  15. slowrider

spoke length

Yes I would like to know the proper way for measuring up for spokes. I heard of some guide that can be down loaded but I haven't seen anything like that.
  16. slowrider

Wide-large-fat-big momma tire

Now how wide were you thinking? If you're going for an old school style boardtrack racer design you obviously don't to go too wide. What wheel diameter are you going to use?
  17. slowrider

Springer not fitting

Is that a 1" or 1 1/8" tube? I got a 1 1/8" tube I took off my schwinn I no longer need....should be the correct height too.
  18. slowrider

BEEFIN UP THE RULER

Well after a few years of "mild" abuse the stock springer forks finally gave in...among with a couple other parts. Instead of replacing them with the same stock parts I decided to beef the bike up a lil to better accomidate my style of riding. Before: After: This is just a mock up... but...
  19. slowrider

New Forks Installed,...Pics

Cool handle bars!:)
  20. slowrider

custom length spokes?

Well with a lil research I found a decent source for custom length spokes so I thought I would share this for those of you who are looking into building a wheel or two;) http://holmeshobbies.com/product.php?pr ... =20&page=1
Back