Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Kato

Raleigh Rodeo 3+2 Value / Info

I recently found this Raleigh Rodeo 3+2 - Twinshift 5 speed 2nd Owner says it's pretty much original except maybe rear tire and it needs a new shifter cable I think it's super kool and I'm thinking about buying it but have absolutely no idea on value of Muscle Bikes. Any help, info, comments on...
  2. Kato

Elgin Stand type ? / Ser# Added

I bought this recently - think it's and Elgin but want to try and get that confirmed. I've cleaned the top bar, part of the front fender and that's it......think it's gonna look pretty kool. Next step is to clean the rest, new tires / tubes - grease job and get it rolling. Can somebody confirm...
  3. Kato

Time to Sell / Help with Value

Over the past 3-4-5 years I've tinkered with the old bikes as something to do over the winter restoration-wise....rat style of course. I've decided it's time to sell a couple - maybe even a rare girls Winchester ( as in guns ) I have that is pretty much original. I'm looking to get an idea on...
  4. Kato

Diamondback Done Right

Found this Diamondback on C-list cheap............new in the box. I put it together, took off as many of the sticker decals as I could and took it today for some pinstripes at a Harley shop. You wouldn't believe the guys that checked it out........sitting in the middle of a bunch of Harleys !!!
  5. Kato

42 CWC Seat Post Size

I'm looking to buy a seat post for a 42 CWC Roadmaster mens 26" balloon tires bike I have. Marius.sarium has a couple listed for sale in his 37 Roadmaster parts. I'm interested in the 7" one - one on the bottom in the pic. Does anyone know if this will work on my 42...........? He measured the...
  6. Kato

Winchester Bike

I've had this bike for about 5 years now.........it's a Winchester, as in the gun company. I've found very little info on it / these bikes over the years. Pretty sure it was built by another company and Winchester badged / sold them - you'd be surprised what Winchester sold. I've talked to one...
  7. Kato

How to Measure Chain Length

Looking to see if anyone can help me with the chain length needed for a 1942 CWC / Roadmaster. I found 2 of them - identical original owner bikes. I've already finished the 1st one and am working on the 2nd now. It doesn't have a chain so I need to get one. I took string and ran it around the...
  8. Kato

Naval Jelly Magic on 52 Hornet / 42 Roadmaster

Back when I was my sons age (13) I can remember working on stuff in the garage with my Gramps with one of the things he often used being Naval Jelly to remove rust and clean things up. Last fall my son and I found this 52 Schwinn Hornet and decided to try the Naval Jelly trick on it. We started...
  9. Kato

Help With Schwinn ID

I ran across this Schwinn over the weekend. I think it's a 1952 or 53 but not sure. Serial number B14244 on left side drop-down and it has a winged Schwinn head-badge. It's been repainted so I sanded a few spots down and found green underneath.....its' also a coaster brake bike. It also had 24"...
  10. Kato

Tank Repaint / Decals - HELP

I recently ran across a old kids 20" Stelber bike that I'm planning on restoring. It's really rough but I can see threw that and have a plan. I'm gonna to a complete tear down, have a chromer and a pinstripe guy lined up, plan on doing the mechanics and re-paint myself except for the tank. To me...
  11. Kato

Fridrich's Cadillac and Winchester

Wanted to do a rat rod car or truck and haven't quite found the right one..........so I did a Rat Bike with my son and that got me hooked. About 6 months ago I bought a woman's 26" Fridrich's Cadillac the was pretty much all original. All I did was wash it up - wax it and throw new tires and...
Back