Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. R

Life Magazine photo gallery

Not sure if this has been posted already but Life magazine has a cool gallery of Chicago Rat bikes from the 30's/40's. http://life.time.com/curiosities/bizarr ... ors-pick#1
  2. R

Lets See Those CCM's

3. R

Unofficial: All RRBBO #6 Finished Bikes (pic heavy: beware)

Too.many.amazing.bicycles... Must.only.pick.3... I've got them down to my favorite 12, now the headaches begin... The builds are outstanding again this year, both finished and unfinished. Congratulations to everyone who took part!
  4. R

Curved Odyssey, Final build

This is quite literally the nicest CCM I have ever seen... I so want one. The colour scheme and details are perfect.
  5. R

Aluminati *New Pics* ((a second look before voting!)))

Re: Aluminati *SilVeR KinG* - (((the Final Hour))) - Man, I love this bike...
  6. R

Captain Slow

Well, this build certainly lived up to it's name. I had everything pretty much ready to go on the first day of the build-off and then it took a six week dive into illness. A 6 day build that took 3 months to complete :) Still, it was the most fun build that I have done in a long time and I...
  7. R

Captain Slow - Finished!!

The finished bike!! Captain Slow is alive!!! (forgot to take photos while I was doing the final assembly) It was a lot of fun this time around and I'm very pleased with the outcome (even if I ended up not having the time to do more). Although I've had this frame for almost 10...
  8. R

Picked up my wheels from my LBS, great job lacing as usual. Front is a SA drum brake and the rear is an SA 3-speed coaster, both on black 700c rims. Wish I had time to paint the machined side walls but I'll have to make do. A couple of things I had to sort out before completing the build up...
  9. R

Re: Captain Slow - FREE AT LAST! Time for some assembly and then it's off to get the wheels: Forks: Sorry for the cell phone pics, I'll add some better ones later.
  10. R

Re: Captain Slow - FREE AT LAST! I was originally going to paint the whole frame but as I stripped more of the paint off I noticed how shiny the bare metal was underneath. I went over the whole thing with a brass wire wheel and it polished up pretty good. I wanted to add some paint...
  11. R

Re: Captain Slow - FREE AT LAST! OK, I'm still in this :) Had a crazy sinus infection for the last month and a half, pressure migraines, couldn't stand upright for any amount of time. Almost had to have surgery but luckily the antibiotics finally kicked in. I wasn't able to work on the bike...
  12. R

CCM Regal (pic heavy)

I have been wanting to put together my ultimate daily rider for a while now and had some spare time while I was waiting for parts for my build off bike, Captain Slow: viewtopic.php?f=55&t=40231 I picked up a 1943 CCM camelback off craiglist a few months ago, I paid way too much for it but I...
  13. R

Aluminati (feels like an abandoned amusement park in here!))

Re: Aluminati*SilVeR KinG* --1/2 of the magic !!-- If you are still having problems with your stuck seatpost, motopsyco gave me a great piece of advise that worked for me. This was after I tried everything, including a blowtorch and every lubricant known to man (I even broke one of the lag...
  14. R

Re: Captain Slow (advice needed) FREEDOM!!!! The offending seatpost is finally out! When I was a kid my mother used to tell me "never stick anything in your ear smaller than your elbow". I think I should apply that to seat tubes from now on as well. Thanks for the great advise, the...
  15. R

Re: Captain Slow (advice needed) Cheers for the advice guys! JoKeR63 - That makes sense, I had the feeling it saw taking a long time to heat, I was more worried that if I did it too fast I would mess up the brazing on the seatstay. motopsyco - D'oh, I didn't even think of using a hacksaw...
  16. R

Re: Captain Slow (advice needed) Ok so I went ahead and heated the frame around the seatpost until it was a dull red and tried again to get everything shifted. After ten minutes of hammering and twisting, all I managed to do was snap a 3/8" bolt that was holding the vise to the bench. At this...
  17. R

Re: Captain Slow (advise needed) soooo... I've kinda hit a snag with the seatpost... I'm uncertain as to what diabolic forces are keeping the seatpost jammed in the frame but pretty much all of the conventional methods I've tried so far have failed. I've soaked it in WD-40, hammered it...
  18. R

The Bully, Just another Victim

Re: SSV#6 Mocking it up This by far the meanest looking bike I've seen in a long time, bulldozer meets F1 race car. Can't wait to see the finished product! The Brooks looks too new for the look of the bike and it would be a shame to 'age' it for the build. The nana seat definitely adds to...
  19. R

Re: Captain Slow (final name) It's funny, I spent 2 years trying to get an affordable Girvin fork for a build and by the time I find one, everyone else does too :) Lol, Maybe there should be a separate Girvin category? The great thing is that all the builds are different, everyone has their...
  20. R

Re: RatFlex (name change) Wow, considering I had everything together for this build way before the start date, I haven't been able to get much done so far. It reminds me of an episode of Top Gear where they introduce the newest, fastest sports car and then give it to James May to drive... In...
Back