Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. furyus

SOLD 1939 Mesinger Schwinn World Leather Seat

Rare condition example. Leather in very nice condition, with treatment would be very serviceable. OG paint and light corrosion underneath can be preserved into a sweet survivor seat. Frame looks straight, no cracking around rivets. 11” long by 7 1/2” wide. Hate letting this one go, but you enjoy...
  2. furyus

SOLD Cruddy Fork

Probably Hawthorne, possibly pre-war. Suspect 26” wheel fitment, 28” would be tight. Steering neck slightly bent, by design or by accident. Ghostly splashes of a blue or green paint, barely. Solid and crusty at the same time, which we all know is a feature not a fault. $50 shipped to the Lower...
  3. furyus

Quiver of Handlebars

SOLD 1) very rare 1977 Schwinn Runabout touring bars, flat and narrow $50 shipped SOLD 2) Torrington bars, original black, possibly off a juvenile bike but sweet shorty geo $50 shipped 3) Schwinn MX, short but a mellow pull-back, OG paint and primer, probably from the 70’s $60 shipped SOLD 4)...
  4. furyus

Quirk

1982 Huffy Pro Thunder Max. We’re both too old to huck around much, but we’ll be right at home on a paved path, boardwalk or in the pits. No fabrication, just attention to detail and parts that compliment each other. And shiny for a change. furyus
  5. furyus

SOLD 1941 Schwinn DX Frame Sidewinder Fork Klunk! Price Drop!

1941 Schwinn Lincoln-badged DX frame with a 1983 Schwinn Sidewinder fork. Frame and fork are straight. Taller frame, steering head measures 5 1/2” and seat tube, center of crank housing to top of seat clamp is 18”. Sale includes frame, fork, pre-war headset (newer Schwinn bearings) and...
  6. furyus

RRBBO16

Metal water air Rat Rod Bikes Build Off Sixteen creative decay furyus
  7. furyus

SOLD Schwinn Springer Postwar

Really nice postwar Schwinn springer. Suspect mid ‘50’s vintage. Looks to be original paint. Threads in excellent condition. Includes partial headset (no bearings). Steering tube measures 6 3/4” from the top of the bearing race to the end of the tube. $200 firm includes shipping to the Lower 48...
  8. furyus

BO15 Little Deuce Deuce Coupe

You don’t know what I’ve got. For years I’ve found my niche with old, rusty Schwinn Sting-Rays, like DeterioRat and Coda. With Coda, I felt I had done all I wanted to do with corrosion. I liquidated my entire Sting-Ray collection, save my wife’s Slik Chic. Now I find myself in the Anything...
  9. furyus

MBBO Vintage Schwinn 39t Sprint Sprocket $20

My favorite sprocket for muscle bikes. Cool industrial look with the hardware for the outer ring (outer ring not included). Came off a ‘65 Varsity; fits Sting-Ray cranks all day long. Scratched up but overall nice condition. No broken teeth. $20 shipped anywhere in the Lower 48 with tracking...
  10. furyus

Schwinn Touring Bars, Weinmann 999 Brakes

ALL PRICES INCLUDE SHIPPING TO THE LOWER 48 AND PAYPAL FEES. Circa 1976 touring handle bars, Schwinn stamped. Narrow and low. Very nice condition. Includes Schwinn chubbies. $40 shipped from VA. PayPal, I’ll pay the fees. Engraved Weizmann 999 brakes, off the above-mentioned ‘63...
  11. furyus

Schwinn Sprint Parts $50 Shipped

Schwinn Sprint leather seat, water bottle holder, large toe clips and freewheel. Nice stuff for an older Schwinn display. All serviceable condition, leather is old and cracked but will display well. $50 shipped for the lot to the Lower 48 only, no international shipping. PayPal, I’ll pay the fees.
  12. furyus

Schwinn Bits Cheap incl Schwinn Slik

HeyHowdy. All prices include shipping to the Lower 48. No international shipping - sorry. Paypal, and I’ll pay the fees. SOLD Lots of Schwinn nuts, bolts, washers, bearings etc. Several Q bolts. All USA factory stuff from the 60’s. Very nice complete headset and seat clamp included. $20...
  13. furyus

Coda

coda noun co·da | \ ˈkō-də \ 1a: a concluding musical section that is formally distinct from the main structure b: a concluding part of a literary or dramatic work 2: something that serves to round out, conclude, or summarize and usually has its own interest After a dozen or so Sting-Rays...
  14. furyus

Coda

I’ve been wrestling with the idea of simplifying my life for the last couple of years, and I believe this frame will be the last bike I “build.” Really more of a preservation in this case. I’m eliminating collections of “stuff” from my life, including bicycles, but I’ve got to have at least one...
  15. furyus

Random Bits

Sorry if the pictures aren't the best. Future pics will be from my camera not my cheap tablet. All prices include shipping to the Lower 48 from Virginia. Alaska, Hawaii and international rat rodders, reach out and perhaps we can work something out. Paypal, goods and services, I'll pay the...
  16. furyus

1961 Schwinn Corvette 5-Speed Frame & Bits

'61 Corvette 5-speed frame, original f/r Atom/Schwinn hubs, correct sprocket, '61 crank, and Huret spoke protector. Includes everything pictured EXCEPT the Schwinn starburst badge, which was already sold. Frame was spray-bombed by someone else some time ago; Radiant Red underneath. Great...
  17. furyus

Dregs

HeyHowdy. All prices include shipping to the Lower 48. PayPal only, I pay the fees. I work about 60-some hours a week, but I promise I'll get back to you as quickly as possible. First up, some bits to get that vintage road bike back in the wind. Velo-Orange brake and derailleur cable kits...
  18. furyus

Hope everyone enjoys BO12...

furyus
  19. furyus

Bought Not Built

For the first time in over 30 years I bought a brand new bicycle. After years of chasing vintage parts I decided 2017 will be a year focused on actually riding a bike rather than scouring the web for just the right bits. Not saying I'm never going to build a bike again, but for the near future...
  20. furyus

(MBBO#5 Class 1) deterioRat

Enjoyed this build very much, and I'm humbled to find my bike alongside yours - there is some awesome talent in this group. http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/mbbo-5-class-1-deteriorat.100064/ DeterioRat is a '68 Schwinn Sting-Ray. Every bit is genuine Schwinn with the exception of...
Back