Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. RestoRodSchwinn

New Walmart Fat Tire Bike coming in a couple weeks

OK, typically I don't buy anything from Walmart - haven't darkened their door since they opened in my town circa 1994. But, I couldn't help myself on this one. At $191.99, there was seemingly no reason not to get a Fat Bike. At the very least, it will be great for camping (I'm alwasy nervous...
  2. RestoRodSchwinn

Opinons

Those forks really need to be straightened. That's the first thing I'd take care of. Then fenders, get the tires dirty, etc. Lots of good ideas, here. But, I couldn't ride it with bent forks.
  3. RestoRodSchwinn

Schwinn Straight Bar Gasser ready for summer!

Thanks! Yeah, I've been looking for an opportunity to have her stripe something for me. My friends here in the NW were asking me why I was sending my parts clear to PA to have them striped. I showed them some of her work. 'Nuff said :)
  4. RestoRodSchwinn

Schwinn Straight Bar Gasser ready for summer!

I just re-installed my tank and fender after sending them back to HotRod Jen to be lettered and pinstriped. I'm really happy with the results!
  5. RestoRodSchwinn

Modrophenia

Thanks for that! Work has been heck. Car and home maintenance has been sucking up time and money. But, I see the light at the end of the tunnel. Building with pics starting next week. Something's gotta give, right?
  6. RestoRodSchwinn

The Forward look... THE END!!!!!!

Re: The Forward look... Apparently, you missed my Free Spirit (Modrophenia). At least yours has some elegant lugs. :lol:
  7. RestoRodSchwinn

Modrophenia

:lol: I think I can manage that one :) Lots of stuff to do between now and then, though.
  8. RestoRodSchwinn

Modrophenia

I love the whole Mod scene, the style, etc. And, the Who is one of my all-time favorite bands, for sure. I wish I had a bike like the Mod to Rocker to start with, but I'll have to go with what I have at the moment. It seemed like fate, since this bike was given to me just Sunday. If it wasn't, I...
  9. RestoRodSchwinn

Modrophenia

Yeah, the gears in my mind are turning. The Scooter is short and wide, and the bike is tall and narrow. At the end, I want it to be aesthetically pleasing. We'll see how it progresses :)
  10. RestoRodSchwinn

LDT SPECIAL ~~ Update ~~ 5-14 ~~

Re: LDT SPECIAL I'm looking forward to watching this one! Build on!
  11. RestoRodSchwinn

Below Radar, 8/6 Finished Pictures.

Re: Below Radar Do it!! The Jet Age is the Rage!!
  12. RestoRodSchwinn

Modrophenia

I think I can pull it off! The ideas are flowin'. :D And, yeah, that's a load of mirrors, there. :lol:
  13. RestoRodSchwinn

Modrophenia

And, a little inspiration -
  14. RestoRodSchwinn

Modrophenia

The money shot-
  15. RestoRodSchwinn

Modrophenia

I'm jumping into the fray, and not making it easy on myself with this Ted Williams approved Free Spirit - the emphasis on Free. Part Mod, part Who, part Schizophrenia, it's Modrophenia!! I should be picking up a donor bike or two shortly, then it will be time to make the vision a reality. (What...
  16. RestoRodSchwinn

1937 Schwinn Built

That's sweet!
  17. RestoRodSchwinn

Monark Board Track Racer

Alright, guys. The color is called Cessna Granada Green :)
  18. RestoRodSchwinn

Monark Board Track Racer

Yeah, I was a little unsure when I picked the color and paid :shock: $103 for a pint (what's happened to the price of acrylic enamel auto paint, anyway?), but I'm happy with the results. Thanks everyone for the complements! I'll have to look at the can. It's a PPG color that I picked from the...
  19. RestoRodSchwinn

Smoothing out rust?

I used a high build primer to smooth out rust pitting . . . er, wait a minute. Sorry :)
Back