Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. 37ccmflyte

I was REEEEEEALY trying to not buy another bike , but this one was to good to ignore!! Malvern Star "New Look"

I was REEEEEEALY trying to not buy another bike , but this one was to good to ignore!! Malvern Star "New Look" from 1948... I have wanted one of these Streamlined bikes for a few years... they were made in Austraila and are hard to find outside Ozzie, but one turned up in New Zealand and I...
  2. 37ccmflyte

WANTED; BSA winged wheel,

WANTED; BSA winged wheel, or the remains of one to rebuild. No tank or rim needed. Interested in any Winged Wheel parts to build one up. Regards Gavin New Zealand [email protected]
  3. 37ccmflyte

Raleigh / Hercules Royal Imperial "trio tube", odd English bike.....

I just bought this bike and I am after information about it... it's got a Raleigh badge on it but is looks like a Hercules Royal Imperial from the 1959 period.... It is from the period around 1960 right after Raleigh bought Hercules and it was rebadged for export to New Zealand? Is it rare...
  4. 37ccmflyte

Major Taylor style Accles & Pollock British made vintage adjustable racing stem

Major Taylor style Accles & Pollock British made vintage adjustable racing stem, some remains of chrome. Works perfectly, comes with Ashby headlight mount. Paypal only $220USD plus shipping, item in New Zealand...
  5. 37ccmflyte

Wanted. CCM Massey triple crown fork.

Wanted. CCM Massey triple crown fork. Any condition, I can straighten or fix anything. To fit a 1923 mens roadster. Gavin [email protected]
  6. 37ccmflyte

WANTED: skip tooth chain

I am after two matching skiptooth chains so I can make up one with a length of at least 62 inches. Any brand is fine as long as they match! Thanks Gavin [email protected]
  7. 37ccmflyte

Wanted; Kelly adjustable bars in restorable condition

Wanted a set of Kelly bars for restoration. I can rebuild anything. I am looking for something of a project at the cheaper end of the Kelly bar price scale. Looks like I am after an even smaller needle in a larger haystack in that I want Kelly No.5 bars... thanks Gavin [email protected]
  8. 37ccmflyte

Anyone know who made this bell and when???

Anyone know who made this bell and when??? I might HAVE to get one.....
  9. 37ccmflyte

Wanted bell like one pictured...

Anyone have one of these bells or know who made them??? Regards Gavin [email protected]
  10. 37ccmflyte

Wanted, Adler chain wheel

Wanted, Adler chain wheel, or lead on one for sale, see photo for style I am after....
  11. 37ccmflyte

what are these tools for???

what are these tools for??? Any ideas? they came in a job lot of bicycle tools...
  12. 37ccmflyte

Yet ANOTHER tangent.... custom 1910 style English "sloping top tube" Path Racer project.

I got part way through my long lean BSA Path Racer and got distracted my another project... the Sloping top tube Path Racer look appealed to me so I started to look around at the bit of frame I had around and making a plan. Part of the plan was smaller wheels, the bikes back in the 1908-10...
  13. 37ccmflyte

Off on another tangent.... BSA custom long lean Path Racer "The Archduke" that turns into an Art Deco Roadster!!

So I can't help myself..... got enough projects AS IT IS and I go and buy two cheap old BSA bike frame and now (of course) I have got carried away.... Here is what I started with... both 1950's
  14. 37ccmflyte

Wanted. large skip tooth sprocket 30 to 35 or more teeth

Wanted. large skip tooth sprocket 30 to 35 teeth for project, centre does not matter as I am interested in the outer ring to attach (weld) to a CCM centre. 32 would be ideal. Anything considered. Maybe even bigger.... Anything out there?? Picture is a random 32 sprocket I found on the net...
  15. 37ccmflyte

CCM FLYTE 2020’s build… “The Flyte of Fancy”

This going to a long road people.... I don't rush anything and I have other stuff going on and I am always broke, so strap in for the ride! Here is the outline of my latest creation...... The concept is to use an original 1940 CCM Flyte frame & replica curved fork as the base to build a...
  16. 37ccmflyte

STOP LOOKING AT MORE COOL BIKES TO BUY!!! On staying focused.... :)

Ok. Cards on the table time, I am an addict. I am addicted to collecting stuff. Not a hoarder... the stuff has to be really nice. :) Always buy quality. My problem is to many projects that spread my meager finances to the point were I can't do justice to any of the projects. I had a...
  17. 37ccmflyte

Gota love a chain wheel with spokes!!

This is bound to be a really bad idea... but it looks cool!!
  18. 37ccmflyte

ideas for internal cabling.... technical...

Ok. I want to run internal cables on a custom bike I am building. I want basically no visible cables around the bars at all. I know, it's a waste of time, but I happen to HAVE time and a engineering workshop at hand. So here is some background.... It's an old 1930's steel frame. It's a road...
  19. 37ccmflyte

Great to see the creativity on this site!

I am very new here and to modified bikes and after a good look around the gallery I must say that I am very impressed with the level of artistic vision, creativity and workmanship I have seen. Very cool stuff guys and girls! Regards Gavin New Zealand
  20. 37ccmflyte

1937 CCM Flyte owner in New Zealand

Hiya, just joined the list. I have a 1937 CCM Flyte that has been in my family from new. I am busy fixing the previous two generations of changes! I have also just bought another 1937 CCM Flyte in Canada which I will have sent out to New Zealand and I am looking into making a Ladies version of...
Back