Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. snydur

hook, line,sinker

well ive been busy lately and havent gotten enough time too really build any bikes or even really ride. well today that changed, went for a long ride to downtown, to a strip mall, then to a bike shop. . . that was going out of business :roll: and there it was, beconing me from the used bike...
  2. snydur

the worlds smallest big pain in the rear

well as you may or may not know i am blessed :roll: with having three sisters, one older than me (hey to Portland people) and two younger ones, and since the second youngest has only got eyes for shopping and having a bad attitude, i figured id rot the brain of my five year old sister with...
  3. snydur

bit the bullet. . .kind of

this is my drawing/mock up of a motored bike i am going to build. so far i have most of the big parts -relaced Elgin wheelset with newer hubs and spokes -clinton side shaft engine (needs a little work but i have it unfrozen and mostly rebuilt) -two donor frames (instead of curved rear forks...
  4. snydur

an american made huffy. . .BMX?! whaaaaaa

everything says made in the good ole USA and everything is original. went to my neighbors house and saw it hanging, asked is he had any other old bikes laying around or just frames "not really, theres that bike" and pointed to that one "its going to a good home so take it" :mrgreen:
  5. snydur

it felt dirty when i bought them

i bought :( :( . . . new parts. not only that! they were expensive ( i know, ive failed you all lol) but theres no need to hide it anymore, i bought a brand new set of DMR 24's for my aluminum cruiser bmx. but theres a problem, they are multi speed, and i need them to not be. now usually id...
  6. snydur

WHOSE IS THIS?!

its so simple and beautiful and i need to see more pictures of it :shock:
  7. snydur

im not sure 20 inch

traded parts for this, and im already excited! going to definately build a krate style bike for my little sister. anyone know what the bike actually is? its pretty .... clean minus bad rust under the pad there, but its a project. thanks!
  8. snydur

are four speeds nexus' that sought after?

i have one and i like it, but i know its dang hard to find parts for. . .or even a whole hub! but are these really that rare ? i got a call from a good friend of mine asking if he should pick up this cruiser with a four speed, course i told him to grab it and run, but are these just that rare...
  9. snydur

O/Tish anyone know what this is?

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/bik/3123099694.html i see the frame luggs and was wondering if this was old and if it is worth it? opinions or an id n what it is? if it is ill see if i can snatch it up and trade for some useful parts :mrgreen: thanks
  10. snydur

stop throwing your bikes at me

458405_383575068358998_629215298_o by andrew snyder, on Flickr 550494_386083834774788_1465300276_n by andrew snyder, on Flickr 382426_386547198061785_921422095_n by andrew snyder, on Flickr all for free :mrgreen: (kind of i had to work for the dk but it was worth it) i also have gotten also...
  11. snydur

Shogun 29 inch cruiser?

http://www.target.com/p/Shogun-Burgundy ... tailbutton my dad and I saw this the other day at target and i have to say, I like it! but he likes it more and he can actually ride it comfortably. so does anyone have one of these that can tell me the pros and cons? he doesnt ride at all and i know...
  12. snydur

i had to build a bike to build a bike

Untitled by andrew snyder, on Flickr finished this yesterday its a high speed aerodynamic high quality piece of speed machinery. . . . . kind of (the rims were expensive in their day!) anyway, i obviously cant ride this on the streets because it would go to fast, i guess ill have to build a...
  13. snydur

i got the best job ever

and am getting payed even better!! went to my bike guy today to get some free wheels and ended up talking to him for an hour or so about bikes and the huge pile of parts and bikes he has that need to be rebuilt, and fixed and pretty much made rideable to sell. mostly bmx. so heres the better...
  14. snydur

cmc rims?

well although ive tried to stay out of the build off this year :mrgreen: it seems my neighbors have decided that i need to build a bike or two. one neighbor gave me a blue schwinn canti frame and some cheap chinese mountain bike rims, then one house over the house got repoed :( buuuuuut the...
  15. snydur

is it worth it? (elgin skiptooth hub edition)

well with the build off here ive been collecting parts. one pf the parts i got was a whole rim laced to an elgin skiptooth coaster hub such as this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dl ... 500wt_1180 now my question is, the hub is in really good condition and the rim is not to bad...
  16. snydur

no good deed

good deeds by andrew snyder, on Flickr well as the ad says there is a broken bike, and someone is mad at it. a young lady in fact. so after afew emails, a call, and a quick soda i was on my way. about a five mile ride with two wrenches, channel locks, allen wrenches, and a small hammer. got...
  17. snydur

maybe craigslist isnt all bad

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/bid/2958235450.html thinking of picking up a set or two of the red ones. especially for the price of tires!!!
  18. snydur

repair prices?

Wheel Repairs True $15 Fix Flat $10 Adjust Hub $15 Headset Repairs Adjust $15 Rebuild $20 Install new headset $30 Chains Install chain...
  19. snydur

Orange you glad. . .

i didnt make a cheezy pun? :mrgreen: 026 year ago i started this build, took me a while and i thought it was perfect. . .except for the paint runs, the bent pedal, the fork that didnt turn right. . .it looked nice in pictures though. sooooo back to bare metal. . . literally. i kinda regretted...
  20. snydur

i believe i have an apprentice

i havent been doing much in the area of bicycles lately, mostly just riding (alot) but i did decide it was time to rebuild/ redo one of my favorite bikes. so it began, sitting out in the garage taking it apparet piece by piece, cool breeze with a dog half asleep on my foot when all of a sudden i...
Back