Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. OctopusHook

Schwinn Le Tour (continued)

So I started this bike for the build off #8 but didn't finish it, I got detracted with other stuff but I'm back to working on it. So, as the build off is long over, I'm continuing the build progress here. This is the link to the old thread...
  2. OctopusHook

Schwinn Le Tour "The Portlander" (Lightweight sub-build off)

I've been wanting to do a bike like this for a while. The idea is to make a classy town bike, ready any time to make a run to the store, to cruse to a pub, or simply enjoy the wind on a sunny day. The plan so far is to build a front rack for it, run a single speed or geared hub, fab a cool...
  3. OctopusHook

Schwinn Varsity Collegiate Suburban Frames

So, I have a project in mind for a ladies Suburban frame that I have, (like the one on the pic) but my idea requires 2 of the same frame. So I have noticed that the Varsity and Collegiate frames of a similar vintage look to be the same basic structure. Is this right? Could I take a Collegiate or...
  4. OctopusHook

Cool Skip Tooth ID help

This is actually my dads bike although I have permission to make it mine if I want. However, I'd like to know a bit more about it before I start deciding what I want to do with it. I guess I'd like to know the make, model, approximate age and anything else anyone can tell me about it. My dad has...
  5. OctopusHook

Trike to Rickshaw Conversion (lots of pics)

I built this for a guy last year to take down to burning man. I built the wooden jig around the trike first so when I cut the frame both halves would stay lined up. I then built the new stays that added about 16 inches to the over all length. After that I got working on all the framing for the...
  6. OctopusHook

57 Schwinn Spitfire

Hey guys, I recently finished this bike up and thought I'd share it with you. I'm also looking to get your thoughts on what its worth? When I got this bike (for $10.) it had been stored upside down and out side, so the seat was rusted up and rotten and the headset was seized up with rust. It was...
  7. OctopusHook

Schwinn American Boardtracker

A little while ago I started a thread about this bike in the gallery section asking for help with ideas for this bike. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=37713&p=372189#p372189 I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with it at the time but I have a plan now. I'm going for a boardtracker look but with out...
  8. OctopusHook

I need some ideas for my Schwinn American

So here is another one of my bikes, a 50s Schwinn American. I'm not sure what I want to do to it though, I was hoping to get some suggestions. I recently made the seat post and flipped the bars around for a more speedy look and ridding position. The seat post is not in it's final form (gotta...
  9. OctopusHook

Modernized Klunker Build

First off, I'd just like to say i have been impressed with all the bikes you guys have been building. I could spend hours here. I started this project a few weeks ago with an old cruiser frame and parts I stripped off my unused mountain bike. I got all the braze on parts form Nova Cycles and...
Back