Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Brentley

REDUCED Moving sale! Just $100 for 38 Huffman frame, Spaceliner + more. NorCal pickup only.

Hi guys! Long story short, I'm looking to unload my whole collection of parts. If it fits in a priority box I will ship it, but the frames and other large parts are for local pickup only in Napa, CA. There are a few pictures below, but there is more, I'd be willing to unload all of my parts and...
  2. Brentley

"Hella"ion

I'll get to finish the build thread when i have time but between moving and working two jobs it's a wonder i have been able to get this together at all! If the name didn't give it away this is a Nor Cal tribute. Anyways, enjoy the pics! DSCN1097 by sabbparrish, on Flickr DSCN1105 by...
  3. Brentley

Munched up binder tabs, any solutions?

I'm putting together a 38 Huffman frame and the seat post binder tabs are brazed on to the frame. Problem is they are 75 years old and have been adjusted too many times and don't hold the seat post. tightening the bolt only bends the tabs and bolts. I heard rumor of a seat post size that is...
  4. Brentley

"Hellaion" (Nor Cal Tribute), First Ride! 6/22

To keep me motivated i have to get this thread started. I'm leaving my crazy but lovable home of 29 years, Northern California. I thought it fitting to build a little something special for the north half of my home state. DSCN0581 by sabbparrish, on Flickr 38' Dayton frame and various other...
  5. Brentley

Help! New Departure "D" spoke length?

In a serious case of shoot first and ask questions later i promptly cut my New Departure model D (1/2" pitch) hubs from the rims (drop center 26") and did not save a solitary spoke :oops: . I thought the LBS could help and they could for the sum of $15 for sizing and $1 per spoke, an extended...
  6. Brentley

Below Radar

My 64 Murray Astro Flite in it's beginning state. And my inspiration The pics, enjoy. IMG_5003 by sabbparrish, on Flickr IMG_5008 by sabbparrish, on Flickr IMG_5007 by sabbparrish, on Flickr IMG_5006 by sabbparrish, on Flickr IMG_5005 by sabbparrish, on Flickr IMG_5004 by sabbparrish...
  7. Brentley

Below Radar, 8/6 Finished Pictures.

Here is the finalized bike that i was unable to post pictures of because of a dead battery, my build is below. IMG_5003 by sabbparrish, on Flickr IMG_5006 by sabbparrish, on Flickr IMG_5004 by sabbparrish, on Flickr IMG_5005 by sabbparrish, on Flickr IMG_5008 by sabbparrish, on Flickr...
  8. Brentley

Tumbleweed

Not the wildest thing ever built by any means but i just wanted something clean. Bear in mind this is my first build ever so if i get one vote that isn't my own i'll be happy :lol: . HUGE thanks to karfer for the pin striping, it makes this build. And thanks to mike at Vintage Bike Supply for...
  9. Brentley

Screw size for Schwinn head badge?

I can't find the post again but i swear i saw someone posting on what size screw they found at radio shack for attaching a schwinn head badge rather than using rivets. Anyone done this before?
  10. Brentley

Columbia headbadge removal

I've got a late 40's Columbia with the rivets attaching it to the frame, any tips on removing it for painting? IMG_4831 by sabbparrish, on Flickr
  11. Brentley

*TUMBLEWEED* Finished!

The start for my build is a 52 Schwinn straight bar frame. The name is because i'm a cowboy at heart, you'll find me pedaling this thing in cowboy boots and wranglers. This my first build so give me input as i go along here. This is what she looked like as of the 4th of May> IMG_4826 by...
  12. Brentley

Late 40's(?) Columia

Just picked this out of Mike's trailer at VBS, it's for my wife. Got it for $75 with everything except a chainguard. Mike said it was 40's maybe prewar but i think maybe late 40's since she has a 1/2" cog on what appear to be the original set of New Departure wheels. Then again i dunno too much...
  13. Brentley

Felt Shelby Bike

Yeah it's a cool grand, probably made in China, and it's not built with heart like a custom but man is this cool. Felt just unwrapped a Shelby (as in Carol Shelby) bike. If nothing else i want those tires! Check out the photo spread here...
  14. Brentley

Anyone know someone who does sandblasting in SF/Sac?

I was supposed to get hooked up with a sandblaster with a box but it fell through, friend of a friend thing. Anyways, i have 4 wheels, 3 fenders, chain guard a few other small parts that i need to be be sandblasted, i just don't have time between two jobs to sand or put stripper on everything...
  15. Brentley

Tutorial: Bullet marker light with LED's

I've been on this forum for around a month and i've asked a lot of questions, now it's time to answer one, how do i make a custom led light from a truck marker light? Well, glad you asked! Supplies you will need: marker light (i got mine from Mike at VBS in Sacramento just like this one only...
  16. Brentley

Skiptooth with 1/8 sprocket and chain?

I'm sure this has been asked an answered but i can't find it, could i use a skippy chain wheel with a 1/2 x 1/8 chain and sprocket? If not would a 1/2 x 3/16 chain tie that whole system together?
  17. Brentley

BB bearings falling out

I just took apart my cranks and after about maybe a mile of riding to test out my coaster brake rebuild the bearings on the chain wheel side all popped out of the carrier. They are brand new and i didn't have a problem with the other side, can anyone tell me what i did wrong so i don't do in...
  18. Brentley

Rear hub help, too much play?

I've got a rear wheel with a coaster brake, it's a Perry i got for $20. The brake is a little on the scary side, just bad enough to be thrilling but it stops eventually which i think is exactly how rat rod brakes should be. The thing i'm not too sure about is that once you brake and start to...
  19. Brentley

Help making an LED conversion

I bought a great looking truck marker light that i intended on making into a bike like with LEDs. The biggest problem i have is that i can put two AAA batteries inside the unit to keep everything looking clean, any ideas? Best i have come up with so far is mounting the light close to the seat...
  20. Brentley

How to de-bling my chrome?

I'm just getting started on my first build and i did end up buying some new and repop parts which are chromed. I sort of hate the idea of faking a patina but on the other hand i don't like the ultra shinny chrome, that's just not the look i want but i couldn't pass up the prices, it was all...
Back