Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. C

Tall Bikes,lets see'em!!

Here's the latest tall bike I've built.
  2. C

Tall Bikes,lets see'em!!

I can't believe I hadn't seen this thread until today! Here are most of the tall bikes I've built. The first tall bike I ever built. 20" springer front end, no welding. Another one w/ no welding. I called it a double bottom triple stack. Stolen 2 years ago on 4th of July. :x Here's one that...
  3. C

41 Schwinn Excelsior Patina build with Union Drum hubs.

WOW! That looks awesome!
  4. C

schwinn trike - town and country

I had a 1972 3 speed in campus green & it was in excellent shape. I bought it for $220. and sold it for $300. I loved it and so does the current owner! Hope that helps, Rick
  5. C

BoilerMaker- my 2nd Tall bike updated 8/07

Re: BoilerMaker Very Cool!! That tall bike bug has an infectious bite, doesn't it? How does she ride?
  6. C

I know, I know, it's not a rat

I like your wheels! Here's a picture of my Mantra Comp. I wish I still had it!
  7. C

1942 Schwinn. LOL

Something tells me Japan was busy with 'other things' in 1942, instead of building Schwinns!
  8. C

24" Firestone - Tank art options??

Re: 24" Firestone - Bad (new) chain?? maybe the rear triangle of the frame is bent or not even from one side to the other?
  9. C

Tandems... worth it or waste ?

I call them relationship testers. For some reason they seem to often lead to an argument, but I do like the feel of the long wheelbase when ridden solo. They also make a great base for a really tall, tall bike!
  10. C

Best Type of welding??

Don't use any brake cleaner on the metal, it can be deadly. Welding on galvanized steel can also make you sick. Never weld during a thunderstorm.
  11. C

Carvingbike/Swingbike in Action - video link

I made this video a long time ago and never got around to uploading it. Well today that changed... Here's a link to the video. http://vimeo.com/25668436 Music by, Rush
  12. C

Essex and Motobecane

I love camelback style frames, very cool!!
  13. C

24" weekend

Yesterday I scored my third unicycle, someday I'll have to learn how to ride one of these things. It's a Schwinn 24 inch & it's in kind of rough shape. Now I have 16", 20" & a 24" unicycles. Tonight I decided to check out an auction that had an old Firestone cruiser, which was advertised on CL...
  14. C

Prewar Schwinn Campy Klunker Mashup

Really nice bike, but... Five Thousand dollars to ship it?? Where does he live, the moon??
  15. C

Anyone up for a tall bike challenge?

Here's a video link http://www.facebook.com/v/1953138680730
  16. C

Anyone up for a tall bike challenge?

Woo hoo!! The pixie tall bike is pretty much done. I just took it for a spin around the block. I'm going to try and rig up my camera so I can post some riding video. Pictures coming soon!
  17. C

2 Schwinns for my stable

I have a typhoon with it's original chrome wheels & I have a couple other typhoons with white wheels.
  18. C

Firestone-Elgin Build-Restomod

The patina looks a little like it's tie-died, I like it!!
Back