Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. jd56

1940 Cycle Truck electric conversion

Yeah, I said electric conversion. Disclaimer...no original parts were modified for this build but we did use needed donor parts. I decided to build my 3rd Hilltopper "Sprinter" front hub conversion. Adding the basket brkts, lrg basket, seat, tires. Adding donor front fork, dropstand and...
  2. jd56

Heading to Memory Lane 2024

Lots of ladies and a few men coming with with me to my 1st attendance to this swap. Stop by and say Hi. Look for the "JDs Antique Bike Rescue " banner. And the Lindy project Also a Davis Diamond frame, Mead Ranger Frame set, a Hawthorne motobike and a few others to be offered. And lots...
  3. jd56

Withdrawn 1928 Shelby LINDY

As found. Still a project but, it won't take much to be the talk of the revival bike community. Ok enough of teasing you. This is VETTED Shelby Lindy serial number. Here's what you get. Frame set with correct crossbar handle bars and stem. Correct crank assembly with pedals. Correct 28" metal...
  4. jd56

FOUND Rearsteer front crank assy

Need this front crank eccentric hub assembly. Working on a 1939 Colson Rearsteer. If not the assembly then I need this left crank keeper nut. Can not be from an Iver Johnson 2 piece crank assembly. Those are larger than the Colson. 757-613-2334 is best or text.
  5. jd56

JD56 is back among you again

Been away for a bit. Up to recently I have continued being a mid 60s Tanklight collector but, years ago I moved my efforts reviving 1920s 50s heavyweight American made bikes. I've been fortunate to find and make as close to all OG factory bikes. I don't do much rationing because I like all...
  6. jd56

Colson rearsteer

This has all the bones needed. https://thecabe.com/forum/index.php?threads/129026/ $850 + shipping from Va. PP with no fees please. Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
  7. jd56

1954 Columbia 3 Star

All original. Chromed fenders should clean up. Does have a fender Light. horn, and rear taillight. The tailight is a carcass only. Original batteries were found in all three items. Horn should be functional as is the fender light. Seat with crashrail is nice. Has the hard to find original...
  8. jd56

1936 Skylark project.

With PayPal fees it's $610 shipped from Va. This is a 36 Elgin Skylark frame and fork (repainted), chainguard and skirts (also repainted with minor issues, please see the pictures), crank assy, seat stem, hbars stem, rear air cooled hub w/ an Elgin scripted brake arm. And added, is a front air...
  9. jd56

1939 and 1941 Colsons

1st is one if my prized Colsons. 1939 Flyer. was told it's all original except the rack was added. Includes the Speedo. Was listed at $1800 elsewhere on other sites. But has recently been reduced to $1650 + actual bikeflights shipping cost. Shipping from Va...23518. Payment method is PayPal...
  10. jd56

Maroon

Went for a bikes pickup today. Paid up on this pair. Both came from a PA. estate. The Schwinn is a 48. Haven't dated the DP Harris/Snyder/Rollfast yet. Here's the Harris/Snyder/Rollfast serial, perhaps someone with the tools can give me the year. Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
  11. jd56

1953 Customliner

Just don't have the time to revive this all original 1953 Huffy ballooned. I did replace the rims and added aftermarket white walls. I got this from a guy that said he got it from the original owner. Last 2 pics are as found. The first 3 pics had a mild WD40 rundown to see what was under the...
  12. jd56

1953 Huffy Customliner

Found this a few weeks ago. Had to replace the rims and tires. 1953 Customliner. This will soon be needing a new home. The last picture is as found. Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
  13. jd56

It's all about the rescue.

Found a few before they made it to the scrapyard. Pleased about the 53 Huffy Customliner find. Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
  14. jd56

40s Westfield "Firestone Cruiser"

This isn't a new find but, kinda forgot about So, that makes it a new find to me. Needs a lot of love but, it's just sweaty enough. Wonder how long it will be before I find the missing tank? Anyone got one? You can see in the one picture...someone took the tank off. Sent from my SM-G955U...
  15. jd56

Another Elgin found.

You'd think I was only looking for elgins... After finding that Falcon last week I then found this girls Deluxe 4 Star twin light. Also found another cycle truck project. (Probably gonna let this one go). It never fails, when we say we don't need another, then one or more fall in our lap...
  16. jd56

Black Hawk or Falcon?

Found this old thing yesterday while cruising the backroads. My uneducated Elgin guess is a Black Hawk. But, a friend mentioned it could be a Falcon because the Falcon had painted fenders and it's brother, the Black Hawk, had chromed or stainless fenders. Anyone know for sure? Black Hawk or...
  17. jd56

Been a little slack on sharing my recent finds, over here.

So here's a couple Elgins I found. 1939-40 girls...probably will let this one go 1938 men's..sold it before I had a chance to start on its revival Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
  18. jd56

PVC bike rack

I have had a lot of collectors ask if I have plans for building the rack I use. No written plans but, it's fairly simple to make. This is a modified 7 bike PVC rack that I found in cyberspace. Made from 1.25" (OD) PVC pipe and connectors. I was gonna try to sell these as a kit, then as just...
  19. jd56

Charlotte NC bike Show & Swap 2/4/17

I don't see the invitation to this swap on here so here goes. 2/4/17 This is the 2nd annual Hurricane Coasters Charlotte NC Bike Show & Swap. Don Christie is running the show, so for those that want to see some cool bikes or even participate in the swap or show off what you got..bring it on. Oh...
  20. jd56

Ahhh bike lights

So I have a number of Delta fender lights, tailights and a few other accessories for sale. Email is best as my pm box fills [email protected] I have these listed on numerous sites so if you're interested don't think too long on it. All are shipping included. Contact me for...
Back