Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. P

Ol' rust red.

I pick this up a few days ago for $40. Just have to replace the rear axe (stripped), true the wheels and grease the bearings and she is ready to ride. Might try to find some rusty apes and a rear rack for the beer runs. Would anyone know what brand of bike this is? Or year? The Grips are...
  2. P

Maxicat

It was just one of those days, driving home from work. There on the side of the road, leaning up on the mail box. I slowed down to take a look at what it is. So I turned around and pulled in the driveway. I got out to take a look at it and the owner of the house came out and said, take it,it...
  3. P

Starting over

I started a bike a few years ago (2 1/2 years) and never got around to finishing it. I changed my ideas and got a few more parts. Will I be able to enter? I Will be starting from the beginning.
  4. P

Cold Canadian finds

Cold day today up here in ontario, had to go fix a friends furnace so after i stopped by the bike shop. I stopped there a few times before and got a few things. But today the owner let me loose in the back room. Had a few bucks in hand and this is what I got today. Sturmey Archer 3 speed...
  5. P

twin shifter

I just picked this up today. It was never used or installed. The only thing is missing is the mounting bracket. It is in near mint condishion. It just needs a little cleaning on the black plastic. Going to use it for a future build.
  6. P

Maybe a future buy

I am thinking of picking this up. Going to take a look at it on friday. It is a simpson sears free sprit. It looks cool, but thinking of just picking it up and flipping it. What do you think it is worth?
  7. P

Forks n tires

Just pick up a new fork for a future build. Nirve forks! 38 inch long chopper forks. Never been used, still in the wrapper. $40.00!! Also got a pair of Kenda Flame tires. $20.00! Great score for me today. Wish I only had more money to spend. Wife keeps me on a budget... LOL. Here are the forks...
  8. P

Need more space

What would be the best way to make the rear frame wider to make it fit a wider hub? I am going from 110 to 125mm. Would it be the same way you widen the rear for a wider tire? Spring clamp and some heat?
  9. P

The Jetstream.....

This might be the weirdest bike I picked up, but the parts on it is what I needed. It is a old Steve Bauer city bike. Steve Bauer was a local bike racer not far from were I live. He raced in the tour de france, and came close but never won. (The mountain stages got the better of him). So...
  10. P

Bikes storage

Like just about everyone on this forum, we all have one to many bikes or projects on the go. Well..... Never to many bikes.... Lol. What is the best way to store your bikes? For myself I have a single car garage, 8 bikes (so far), work bench and tool boxes. Any ideas? Thanks......
  11. P

Canadian Market.

I could not think of a cool name so I just threw something out there. Something simple just like the bike that is being built. The bike is for me just to go pick up things local instead of using the car. This will be the first time entering a build off bike. I will be doing this on the...
  12. P

voodoo cross bike

I pick this you today off of kijiji today. it is a Voodoo Cycle cycle cross bike frame and fork. He was just selling the frame on the ad but he had the fork also. Lucky me. He was selling the frame only $10.00!!! score!! Hold on there is a issue. There is a cracked rear drop out. I went over...
  13. P

3 speed troubles

I picked up a Suntour 3 speed shifter for my stingray and it doesn't seem to work right. When I shift from 3rd to 2nd down to 1st everything works well. but when I go from 1st to 2nd to 3rd the cable seems to be to long for it. I readjusted everything and the same thing. What am I doing wrong...
  14. P

Canadian finds

Got a few parts for a future builds and for the krate today. Also a little extra...... Tires and rims for the krate. 16 inch front and extra 20 inch wheels and tires. 20 inch low rider fenders and parts for a springer. 20 inch 72 spoke rims and tires. And the little extra..... A toyo tire...
  15. P

John Deere bikes

A friend of mine has a few John Deere bicycles and he would like to know what they might be worth. He has 4 in total. 2 are the 3 speeds in John Deere green. One is a men's and the other is a ladies. The other 2 bikes are the 10 speed bikes. One is the ladies bike and in white and the other...
  16. P

69 muscle

Well after some time I got around to rebuilding the schwinn I picked up a few months ago. I was looking at rebuilding it back to new, but looking for schwinn parts in canada can be a little difficult. Ccm are the more common bike up here. Also I just wanted something to just cruse and have fun...
  17. P

Free sprit

I just picked this up last nite. A Free Sprit made for Sears Canada. I picked it up just for the chain guard. But there are a few parts I will be able to use. Or I will just stretch it and make a chopper out of it.
  18. P

3 Wheels for a good cause finished.

Well it took some time but I got around to finish up the 3 wheeler for my nephew. I did post this in the fresh finds, but now it is done I better post the finished product. I posted that my nephew was 14, but I was wrong. He is 16 and never rode a bike. He is a special needs with a few problems...
  19. P

new schiwnn for me.

After a year of searching, I finally found a schwinn stingray. I picked it up thursday night not to far from my home. It needs a total rebuild, but it is all there.It looks like someone painted it and also over the chrome fenders and forks. A real shame though, but it is going to get re chromed...
  20. P

Its not the bike....

http://youtu.be/W-rAv43UFnA I guess it's not the bike but the person who rides it......
Back