Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. tanksalot

Freight Train 1896

Another build of completed and another bike for my collection. Here’s the finished bike photo . I may upgrade the photos before the dead line . That being said I want to put up a few photos just in case .
  2. tanksalot

Freight Train 1896

Some ride photos.
  3. tanksalot

Freight Train 1896

Better than riding with someone in front on this bike . Face to butt distance not so great. Lol
  4. tanksalot

Freight Train 1896

That’s easier said than done . I think I have chain rings to set it up . And I have the mile of chain that I would need . My concern is doing the work just to have the bike pedal like a lead balloon . Estheticly I agree it would look better with a skip tooth drive train . If I ever found the...
  5. tanksalot

Freight Train 1896

Always use tools the vintage of your build when possible .
  6. tanksalot

Freight Train 1896

The devil is in the details .
  7. tanksalot

Freight Train 1896

Not sure if these have enough bite .
  8. tanksalot

Freight Train 1896

This is my latest reason why in my opinion EBay has gone down the tubes . Chinese drop shippers posing as US sellers !!! They dont even take the ad down when they are out of stock ! I purposefully purchased it twice off the same seller just to be refunded . I guess they don’t realize thier...
  9. tanksalot

Freight Train 1896

I bought this to try on the bars . Not using these bar caps though. I have somthing else in mind for that.
  10. tanksalot

Freight Train 1896

Of course this opportunity happens when the bike isn’t finished. Still had to take the photo though.
  11. tanksalot

Freight Train 1896

It’s on the road even though the bike isn’t finished I rode it 2 miles a mile in the back seat & a mile in the front seat . I’m changing the rear seat to match the front seat better . Ordering bar tape . Plus a few other things. One other thing worth mentioning this bike is freaking tall. I’m 6’...
  12. tanksalot

Freight Train 1896

I literally painted the bike to unpaint the bike . The idea was to fill the light pitting holes with matching white paint . I was also able to recover more of the original paint that was hiding under an old black repaint that was also remants . I wanted to do this and keep as much original paint...
  13. tanksalot

Freight Train 1896

Iver Johnson Wheels .
  14. tanksalot

Freight Train 1896

The best Modern Tubes IMO .
  15. tanksalot

Freight Train 1896

Rim strips .
  16. tanksalot

Freight Train 1896

Pedals for now ? Can’t find 1896 Pedals cheep .
  17. tanksalot

Freight Train 1896

These ties are on the bike at the moment but I’m debating on changing them for a rounded edge tire set.
  18. tanksalot

Freight Train 1896

Back at it .
Back