Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. BackWoodCycle

Local Hawaiian Shirt Competition

Goodmorning guys! Trying to get a leg up on one of my coworkers in our Hawaiian Shirt Photo contest at work! Major bragging rights are at stake here. If you wouldn't mind following the link to our company Facebook page and leaving a Like/Reaction under my photo that would be killer! Vote for #1...
  2. BackWoodCycle

SOLD NOS Delta Triple Lite

Nos Delta Triple Lite. New, never mounted. Red lens is in great shape, no breaks. Biggest wear is on the top edge due to rust. All light internals are there and in great shape. Hard to find. $125 shipped to lower 48 Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
  3. BackWoodCycle

Cleaning the herd

Been a while since I've posted here. So bear with me while I figure out the whole picture thing again. Cleaning out one of my spare parts units. More to come, this is just what I could pull out for now. Message me for a shipping quote. All prices are plus shipping unless otherwise stated. 1...
  4. BackWoodCycle

Needle in a Haystack... Prewar Schwinn Cycle Truck Basket

Like the title says lol. Been looking for one for years with no luck. I'm looking for a prewar basket, the type that wraps around the stem. Condition doesn't have to be pretty as the bike is pretty ratty. I've got cash or trade. Just looking for a lead. Thanks!
  5. BackWoodCycle

Elgin Toolbox Tank

Looking to buy an original Elgin Toolbox tank. I have an elgin cardinal that's missing the tank. Not looking for anything pristine as I would rather it match the patina of the bike. Preferably one with minor rust issues. I have cash or lots of things to trade. Old bike parts, advertising signs...
  6. BackWoodCycle

Mens Spaceliner Tank/parts

Hi all! Been a while since I've posted. Looking for a complete men's spaceliner tank. No cracks in headlight bezel preferred. I also need the little chrome cap that goes on the chainring. I've got cash or the possibility of an interesting trade. Thanks!
  7. BackWoodCycle

Springer Fork

Just had my Schwinn Phantom frame repainted. Didn't have all the pieces of the front fork when I got it. Just the fork legs and all the chrome is shot. My question is can I buy a repop chrome springer fork and switch the legs on it? Here's a picture of the frame:
  8. BackWoodCycle

BB Size

I'm trying to switch the 3 piece cranks out on my singlespeed but I don't know which size to get. I guess my pedal wasn't tightened all the way in on my last ride or it came loose and pretty much ripped the threads out of the right side of my crank. Here's a picture of the bike if that helps.
  9. BackWoodCycle

Build or Part Out

I bought a minty Schwinn Le Tour II the other day. Absolutely no rust whatsoever. Just dust and grease all over. My question as far as resale value is should I fix it up to resell it as is. Needs new tires and a new cable set. Or should I strip it for parts and put them on a boys bike. I've...
  10. BackWoodCycle

The Best Floor Pump?

Can anyone suggest a good floor pump? I really need one that'll air up Schrader and Presta Valves. But I'm not against just having two different pumps for each use. I did have a Bell Air Attack 500 I got from Walmart. I've only used it a few times but now it won't air up presta tubes anymore...
  11. BackWoodCycle

Freewheel Trouble

Okay so I bought my brother a fixie off Craigslist with a flip flop rear hub. I'd like to switch it back to freewheel instead of fixed.. It's threaded, but I don't know which freewheel I need to order online. Are they all the same? Any help would be much appreciated. I'll try to get some...
  12. BackWoodCycle

Never got around to this..

I've been on this site for 3 years now, never got around to making an intro. I suppose now would be a good a time as any. My name is Brady, I'm 18 and recently I've decided that rather than staying in the antiques business that I've been in for the past few years that I'd switch over to just...
  13. BackWoodCycle

Montgomery Wards Swap Meet Find

Bought this at the Swap Meet in Springfield, Missouri last weekend. Someone did an amateur restoration job on it. Looks good from a distance but up close you can see all the paint runs and crooked lines.. and nearly every line has tape bleed through. But still a nice bike. I don't think the rack...
  14. BackWoodCycle

Felt Thick Bricks or Schwalbe Fat Franks

Thinking about buying either a cream set of Quick Bricks or Fat Franks, just curious from anyone who rides with them. Which is the better tire? I'm mostly riding on pavement.
  15. BackWoodCycle

Need help from the bmx experts!

Bought this frame from a friend of mine. No clue what it is. Chrome frame but it looks like it might have had some original paint over the chrome. Only markings on the frame is a decal on the downtube that says "pro bmx" and then the serial number is under the BB. Here's the full bike:
  16. BackWoodCycle

Yesterday was a great day!

Yesterday was the first annual Little Rock "Pedal Palooza" and I think that it went pretty well for the first one. There were only about 20 vendors but there was a continuous amount of people coming through the whole day. Got all of this for $62 Brooks Professional Seat Profile Sprocket Tuf...
  17. BackWoodCycle

My buddy found these..

A buddy of mine found these. No idea what these are. The complete kinda looks like a GT. Say's "pro bmx" on the downtube. Any information would be very helpful.
  18. BackWoodCycle

Drift Trike Build

Technically this isn't a bicycle.. but close enough, it's a tricycle. I don't know if anyone has every heard of these. Just do a quick Google search or Youtube for "drift trike" and it'll come up with tons of results. A friend of mine came to me a few months ago with the idea to build these...
  19. BackWoodCycle

Not a bike but..

Got my senior ring yesterday!! Wouldn't be complete without a bike on it though! :grin: Sorry for the crappy pictures, my phone was having a hard time focusing in on it.
  20. BackWoodCycle

1929 Elgin Cardinal Value??

I'm thinking about selling my Elgin but I have no idea what to ask. It's mostly complete, but its missing the tank. Good shape other than that. I'd hate to part a bike like this out.. But i know It'd be worth more that way.
Back