Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. S

Lucky # 7

Rad! Good to see another aluminum build happening. That crown is beef cake!
  2. S

Silver Serpent

OK so the scrap aluminum is taking form! I also got my aluminum for the head tube in. Had to order a foot of that for the thicker wall. I machined that this morning and is ready to go. I might tap some holes to mount the Badge not sure yet. Sinner4 would be cool to see more Trikes! So much...
  3. S

Silver Serpent

Howdy All, Harlan Whitman from S.I.N. Cycles here. I'm excited to see an Anything Goes category as I rarely fit into a category or genre. Should be a super rad build off. My build is the. It will be a breed of Tricycle know as a Drift Trike. I will be upcycling some aluminum from an old...
  4. S

Gravity racer - Calling all daredevils!

breakurnees - One thing for sure springer fork is probably not well suited for speed. You should really just try swapping the fork to a BMX fork something with a 30mm offset will give you a silly stable ride, like hands behind your back in the straights. Although you will have a bit of wheel...
  5. S

We aren't adding any seat to this one. The seat on S1 is basically all for show so we figured we didn't have to add one on this build. We're going to add more weight to it, I'm not sure what aesthetic we'll be using though. We definitely got inspiration for this build from the rat rod...
  6. S

Not finished with it yet, but this is our newest bike. Complete frame up build. You can see it in action in the video we posted above.
  7. S

The corner that I crashed in is the second turn in a s turn. It's a long right hander that had been giving me trouble all day. I had just passed Jerome, the guy filming, on the inside of the first turn and took a bad line into the next. I entered too inside and got some kind of bump to my...
  8. S

Our friend took this footage and made this video. Here you'll see our newest complete scratch build gbike (s2) and me crashing the bike in the instructable (s1). S2 isn't finished yet, but it is rideable. We styled it with old school cruisers in mind. We'll get some glamor shots of it and...
  9. S

We got our bike rideable and took it to the Fall Maryhill Freeride in Washington. I'll have some video of it soon.
  10. S

As for the kneelers having weight on your knees is a good thing in our opinion. If you have adequate padding of course. The seat on S1 gets used very rarely thank goodness... recessed manholes at 45+ can abuse the junk something fierce. Putting your metatarsals on the foot rest compared to the...
  11. S

@Philphine: I believe the wheelbase is 48" and I am 5'11".
  12. S

ossum: I was riding along side Harlan on my motorcycle and judging the speed based on my speedo. It isn't the most exact reading, but it's pretty darn close. I love the overlay idea and I think it will be necessary we incorporate that into our following videos. snydur, are the hills in your...
  13. S

The more weight you have and the closer to the ground you have it, the more stable your bike will ride. If you can get more weight than 10lbs, do it. The max weight, in accordance with IGSA, is 75lbs. So try to shoot for that. On that note, if anyone is interested in complying with IGSA...
  14. S

Nice! Really looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with! If anyone has any questions about our instructables build in the OP or gravity bikes in general please feel free to ask. We just picked up 84lbs of cromoly so we'll likely have a new bike pretty soon. Until then, here's all...
  15. S

HOWDY!

We are S.I.N. Cycles out of Portland, OR. Just the two of us Ryan O'Brien and Harlan Whitman other wise known as "the disreputable SIN Brothers". Met during a Gravity Bike race and it well went downhill from there. Mostly building gravity fueled machines and what nots. Our first build as...
Back