Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. EastOfEastLos

Need to ID front hub cone. 1952 Monark

Hello fellas, I've been MIA for a while! I have a part ID question. In the photo below, you see a front hub cone/nut. You can see it's broken. I believe it's part of the original hub internals. I've been using another cone, but it doesn't fit correctly so I have a good amount of play- no...
  2. EastOfEastLos

'52 Monark 24" - Smokin' in the Boyz Room

Not to be negative, but I can't believe how much of my life I got back since finishing my RRBOB#7 entry: Smokin' in the Boyz Room. I received some very nice, unexpected feedback on my bike and the photos so I chose one to enter into the 2013 RRB calendar. Thanks guys, great group of bikes...
  3. EastOfEastLos

~~Smokin' in The Boyz Room~~

View build here: ~~"Smokin' In The Boyz Room"~~ After completing "Smokin' in The Boyz Room", a 1952 Monark (Deluxe? :roll: ), I am hooked for life on antique/vintage bikes. After a lot of research, I was unable to pin point the exact model of my Monark. The nearest information I could dig up...
  4. EastOfEastLos

~~"Smokin In The Boyz Room"~~ The Finale. p13

Well, I've been loitering around here for almost a year now after getting my first vintage bike; a 1952 Monark 24" Boys Deluxe. I'm not 100% sure on the year and model, but I was told here that it should be a '52 based on the serial # and it doesn't check out as a Rocket/Roadster or any other...
  5. EastOfEastLos

Electrical Question: How can I power a 6v lamp?

:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: Hey all. I have a 6-8volt ollllllllld auto sealed beam lamp that I want to power discreetly. The back of the lamp has two terminals. Neither is marked positive or negative...
  6. EastOfEastLos

What kind/year Monark?

Hey all!, I'd appreciate somebody informing me on what exact model and exact year this Monark is. It's a 24" bike. Maroon frame. Red fenders with gold and white pinstriping (probably not original to bike). I've had it a few months now and haven't positively id'd it yet. Model number looks to...
  7. EastOfEastLos

17 - 5/32" Bearing Retainer 1953 Monark

Hey guys, Anybody know where I can find a head set #73 bearing retainer/cartidge - bearing size 5/32", 1-15/32" Diameter retainer size at a good price? I'm finding other head bearing retainers from about .35¢ to $2/$4 each. I can only find these particular bearing retainers for $10-$12 each...
  8. EastOfEastLos

??Mystery Monark??

Well everybody, What I have hear is definitely a Monark. Got for $80 this past weekend from a yard sale picker/reseller in Big Bear, Ca. (82 miles one way from where I live!...but it was a nice day to drive up the mountains 7,000 feet.) I contacted http://www.nbhaa.com and the amusing...
Back