Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. streetpirate

Pedal Old Metal - June 11 - Hillsboro, OR

saw this shared to the FB page and thought I would put it over here too "Hey everyone, there is a Show/Swap meet in the portland area we are looking for anyone with awesome bikes to show off and old parts to sell or trade. there will be awesome prizes and some crazy trophies...the streets...
  2. streetpirate

Mob Rules - initial mock-up pics

The plan is a 20" fixed gear Bianchi. Ive had this frame a while but never knew what to do with it. I believe it is a 1960-something, either late 60s or possibly one of the first Bianchi city bikes? It has all the aspects of a regular folder but without the center hinge. I've never been able to...
  3. streetpirate

Bikes in the 'Burg - Roseburg, OR - 5/4/13

https://www.facebook.com/BikesInTheBurg Not my event but I'm going to try to make it there with a couple bikes
  4. streetpirate

Lets see your frame darts!

Show me all your awesome custom painted darts!
  5. streetpirate

Rat Salad

6. streetpirate

Bunch of bikes in Oregon estate sale

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 336&type=3 I think the link should work, guy says he's in Creswell, OR 97462 and his phone number is on the main profile page. The bike pictures were put up today so they are probably all still there. Somebody get this stuff, I'm broke! Is...
  7. streetpirate

Rat Salad

Build thread here: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=56392&st=0&sk=t&sd=a#p533251
  8. streetpirate

...remove coating from alloy wheels?

Ive got a couple of araya alloy rims that need refinishing, but sanding off the coating is not working very well. what will take the coating off? tarnishing the aluminum is not a huge deal as I can sand and polish it out. Thanks, SP
  9. streetpirate

shimano 333 vs 3cc?

Does anyone know if the shift indexing is the same between the 333 and 3cc hubs? the 3cc I have is indexed on the shift rod actuator on the hub (only time I've ever seen this setup) and I really want to use a 333 grip shifter with it, using a 333 actuator. At the moment I can't find a 333...
  10. streetpirate

what to do with women's diamond mtb frames?

It was hippy christmas with all the college kids moving out of town last week and I picked up two free '90s women's mtb frames. What should I do? right now my only thought is to maybe throw one together with a banana and apes to try to sell and buy something cool.
  11. streetpirate

Rat Salad - 7/26 - Done! Complete! Finished!

Starting with a ~'59-'60 Hawthorne Hercules I found living behind some guys house with 3000 other bikes last summer. viewtopic.php?f=16&t=46363 more info on the bike http://threespeedbicycles.com/Hercules_ ... ycles.html Those are the pics I got before I took the bike apart for a...
  12. streetpirate

shimano nexus 3speed coaster brake to freewheel

can I just pull the brake shoes out to make this hub freewheel?
  13. streetpirate

stretch that transforms into tallbike

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... YELRfVxoBg
  14. streetpirate

Exercise bike build

Use as much as possible from original exercise bike, or at least base off the frame. heres what I have for a starting point. '77 Exerciser. I'm still thinking of ideas, but don't plan on going 65-14 on a fixed hub ;)
  15. streetpirate

different banana seat, what kind of sissy bar?

I have seen very few of these with the mounts on the bottom, what kind of sissy bar is used?
  16. streetpirate

full suspension stretch

This amazingly bootyfab bike was a culmination of whatever I had laying around. '60s sears 26" swingarm off of a 24" NEXT wallmart bike I found in my dumpster fat messenger seat booger-welded rat trap from kids bmx, thats a 26" rim stuck in it and I think I can make it work with a 26x1.75 tire...
  17. streetpirate

where do I get replacement drum brake friction pads?

maybe my google-fu is off today, but I cant find anywhere retailing drum brake replacement pads. I'm reasonably sure it's a mid-60s shimano.
  18. streetpirate

10 rusty bikes followed me home

I've got some ideas for a couple of these, but I'm not in love with any of them. plus they're all pretty rusty. first up is this sears. it had a wire rack, huge troxel comfort seat, and a shimano 3 speed twist grip shifter that I already pulled off. bad repaint, dont know the age next is...
  19. streetpirate

awesome rrb relevant woot shirt on today

http://shirt.woot.com/
  20. streetpirate

old school bmx guys?

I picked up a truckload of stuff from a bike shop estate sale and got some random interesting old school bmx stuff from the early 70's to the early 80's. I'm thinking of putting together one bike and liquidating the rest. where do the all the old school bmx guys hang out? I always like to sell...
Back