Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. P

The Black Monark

Nice bikes! Did you recover the seats on them? What can you tell us about that process....I am about to tackle one myself. Thanks
  2. P

Monson, Mass. March 24th. Be There!

If there is any interest in this bike I could bring it. Make me an offer. It has some issues with the tank but if anyone is serious just pm me.
  3. P

How a bicycle is built (1945)

Found this video, thought you guys might want to see it. http://vimeo.com/39401575
  4. P

custom Elgin 4star

That looks awesome
  5. P

Unknown Frame

I think you can rule out elgin. Looks to be for 26 inch wheels right?
  6. P

Elgin Cl Score

Oh man, the plot thickens. Tailwinds, just curious how you know the seller, since it seems like you live in St. Louis. Also I would love it if you would post or email me the original pics. $50-$75 :shock: I have always loved the look of this bike and since it is so original I feel lucky to...
  7. P

Elgin Cl Score

Care to elaborate on the history of the bike. I got a way different story from the dude I bought it from. i am keeping it for my girl to ride, but i think if i parted it at 250 there would be an easy 100 in it.
  8. P

Elgin Cl Score

I tried to pay 229 because that was all i had on me, but i ended up paying 250 haha When i saw the condition of the bike i knew i did not have much bargaining power. If anyone has a elgin serial number list let me know, I have a boys bike I am trying to date as well.
  9. P

Elgin Cl Score

I suspected this one was late 30's. The seller said the orig owner said 1938. Any idea of the year of this bike?
  10. P

Elgin Cl Score

Pretty happy about this one. Found it on cl last night around 10, went this morn to pick it up at 730am. The guy told me he got it from the original owner. Came with the chain, I just took it off to clean. Bike is og, down to the tires :shock:
  11. P

LETS SEE YOUR ELGINS!

I have a stock 36/37 like yeshoneys too.
  12. P

Building a bike for my girl, which one poll

Either way i am going to have to source the parts and then paint them, so a patina look is out. Especially for the colson, the bike in the photo is probably worth a grand to someone....not me!
  13. P

Ha! If she read this and then I picked the colson she would cry :lol: 6-2 Colson. I wonder if those skirt guards would fit on the Colson......any idea?
  14. P

I showed her the monark super and it was shot down. It was between these two, but she basically told me to choose.
  15. P

So my girl is turning 30 :( just kidding. Anyway, its between these two and I cant decide. Color of these pics means nothing, I am talking strictly design here..... The first is a colson clipper. If I do a colson it will not have the cool fork, it seems impossible and $$ to find. The...
  16. P

Straight from Bonneville***The Speed Demon***

Whoa, contest over. Awesome job.
  17. P

How to build a low-buck Fixie

anyone know who makes 27" 1 1/4 White tires?
  18. P

I got it!!!

the chainguard got bent from someones jeans getting caught. it happened to me on my felt too. love the 1903.
  19. P

My 30's elgin Boardtrack.

Thanks everyone. I bought the bike off of uncle stretch about a year ago. Here it is in a previous life.
  20. P

My 30's elgin Boardtrack.

Thanks. I made the switchbox out of copper and an antique switch i bought at an antique/junk store in south dakota. Its a kill switch.
Back