Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. B

BARN RAT

Like the vignette added to this photo, defintitely sets up the mood for the overall picture.
  2. B

Free Motobecane Nomade

Thanks for the help guys. Just curious more than anything. Ill be posting the clean up progress.
  3. B

Free Motobecane Nomade

Picked this one up yesterday. A friend of my dad's told me last week he had a bike for me and couldn't remember the name. Drove me crazy til I got it yesterday. Its a running bike, just needs new tubes. From a few searches i narrowed it down the mid 70's, not 100% certain though. Anyone got the...
  4. B

The "Bad" Rat is done...

Thanks guys, The handlebars have been a headscratcher for me too. I've had then right side up, flipped and even swapped then for the apes off my cruiser. I actually liked the apes, just need to find the right ones.
  5. B

The "Bad" Rat is done...

Didn't get a chance to take high resolution pics of the build so I'm posting pics of the finished product. This is my first 26" build and I am stoked with the results. The "Bad" is short for Badillo, my fathers last name. This is what I started with: The end result: Ruddy Brown Primer was my...
  6. B

No Use for a Name...back at it again

Only word that comes to mind is, SICK. Great frame work and color combos.
  7. B

"For Ape Hangers Only" Club

The former lowrider, Bones' Cruiser. .
  8. B

$15 Flea market find

Laptop is operational, high res pics coming tomorrow. I am stoked on how this one turned out being my first 26" build. Needless to say, Ive been bit by the bug.....
  9. B

$15 Flea market find

http://emob1228.photobucket.com/albums/ ... S5qcGc.jpg Laptop is still being worked on so this what I can post with my blackberry. Just picked up the Kenda white walls yesterday and found the seat for $5 at the scrap yard by my house!!! Once I fix or replace laptop ill post full thread.
  10. B

$15 Flea market find

Pending white walls and grips, this one is done. I will post my build thread tomorrow. Limited to posting from my blackberry and haven't figured out how to post pics from it.One "Bad" Rat pics tomorrow....
  11. B

$15 Flea market find

I had an idea it was a Huffy. The sprocket is exactly the same as one i have on a kids huffy bike Im using for parts. As far as paint Im leaning towards primer red, black and maybe white walls. As mentioned earlier, buying a tire will cost as much as the bike itself. Mocked it up earlier with a...
  12. B

$15 Flea market find

First order of business was to replace bars and seat. This is where I stand so far. Plenty of ideas for this build, we'll see where i end up going. Ill work on an I.D. when i start taking it apart.
  13. B

$15 Flea market find

Took my daughter out this afternoon to see what parts I could wrangle up and happened upon this one. I thought long and hard...for 10 or 15 seconds and we were on our way home. This is it as i bought it. Not too bad as is, uploading pics of it after a quick dig through my parts stash.
  14. B

Bones' Cruiser done

Never really done with these builds, are we? Haha. Came across a bunch of pictures of bobbers online and decided to go as close as i could without any major chopping or welding. Ill save the banana seat for another build.
  15. B

Bones' Cruiser is done!!! (for now)

Re: Finish line near. Letting the sun do its magic.(New Pics) That's a wrap...more pics in gallery forum.This seat was the final addition. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=52054
  16. B

Bones' Cruiser done

Thanks, not show quality, but its not meant for show...it was built to ride. I like the black rear tire too. I incorporated my BMX and cruiser interests to achive my ideal "Rat"....thanks for looking and the comments.
  17. B

Bones' Cruiser done

Not sure what to consider my Slow-Rodder in it's current condition except cruiser. After finally swapping out cranks it rides great. Kept the high-rise bars and mirrors. Kept the fade scheme going with the spokes as well.License plate fasteners I came across.Mismatched tires show my inner...
  18. B

Re: Finish line near. Letting the sun do its magic.(New Pics) Dont have my camera for the final pics but the longer crank length makes a world of difference. Just found out that the L.B.S. i would buy my lowrider parts years ago is still open and going strong. Great news since all the parts i...
  19. B

Re: Finish line near. Letting the sun do its magic.(New Pics) Got it re-assembled.
  20. B

Re: Finish line near. Letting the sun do its magic.(New Pics) Thanks. Yup, the previous owner stripped the crank i think and welded the pedal to the crank, on the non drive side. Been putting this off since i got it last year.
Back