Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. boybluela

Resurrecting a Phantom

Hey there everyone.. as I mentioned on my Re introduction post, I dropped out of this Hobby a few years back. So with that said, I'd like to show you all what brought me back.. I happened to be browsing Craigslist and came across this. At first glance she didnt look like much but caught my...
  2. boybluela

Re-Introduction from L.A.

Hey fellas... it's been a while since I've been on here and out of the bike game. I sold my entire collection some years back and just recently got the itch once again. I'm from Los Angeles Ca and I have always been a Schwinn fan. About a month ago going through The "List" I found what looked to...
  3. boybluela

Im Back with a 1952 Schwinn

Hello RRBers! Ive been MIA for a while due to life..lol.. but here I am and with a new addition. I went to our local cycle swap this Sunday and found this. It was a little rough at first but after spending some time on it yesterday and today, I got it cleaned up and adjusted to my liking :) hope...
  4. boybluela

Whittier Greenway Trail ride N Photo Opp!

Hello RRB just wanted to share a few photos I took yesterday In the city of Whittier. Took my cruiser out for a ride with my cousin early in the morning and saw alot of Old buildings that were perfect for this...hope you like the pics!
  5. boybluela

Morrow Hub "Slips or has too much play" HELP!!

Hello fellas I just posted a few pics in the gallery of my 46 Schwinn, I love the bike problem is it has a Morrow rear and it slips. What I mean by thet is when Im pedaling it feels great but once I stop and coast then try and pedal again, the crank does a full turn before it engages again..and...
  6. boybluela

1946 Schwinn "Big Bar"

Hello RRB, Its been a while since I've posted on here...lol.. I want to share the newest er "OLDEST" addition to my collection. I picked this one up last night and worked on it all morning..and here it is...a 1946 Schwinn Straight Bar... Im slowly working my way down to eventually owning a "Pre...
  7. boybluela

"The Trolley Dodger" 1980 Schwinn 50's Clone..More Pics!!

Hello RRB Just posted these pics to my build post on the builds section of the forum and I'd like to share them with you here... Hope you like the pics and the bike..lol.. thank for looking! My 1980 Schwinn Cruiser I dubbed "The Trolley Dodger" :D Hre are some High Contrast pics I took...
  8. boybluela

80's Cruiser turning 50's Clone *FINISHED!!!* well sort of!

Hello RRB I finally decided to document the build on my Birth year Cruiser, My 1980 Schwinn. When I built this bike I wasn't a member of this awesome forum and my ONLY goal was to have a nice shinny chromed out cruiser with as many original parts as I could find and afford..lol.. This was the...
  9. boybluela

What did you name your Bikes???

Im wondering if Im the only nut that names his bikes and cars... I know Ive seen a few others do it too.. I searched and found nothing on this subject so I thought it be cool to see who named what, what?!..lol.. and formally introduce them =D Here are the four I've named so far.. The Cats Meow...
  10. boybluela

Took the Killer Diller out for a ride

It was a nice day yesterday, and I decided to take the 1948 DX dubbed "The Killer Diller" out for a ride...wish I could say the same for today..lol.. I went out to Griffith Park, and a had a chance to snap a few pics at the Griffith Observatory.The hills could be a little tricky on an Old...
  11. boybluela

My 1948 Schwinn DX "welcome to the family" :)

Hello RRB just wanted to show you my newest addition... Had my eyes on this for a few days now and finally picked it up today..... Once I got it home I cleaned it up a little, added the truss rods, adjusted the seat and bars annnnd took it for a ride :) The bike has an "EZ Speed Our Own...
  12. boybluela

My Cruiser got a tank :)

Hello RRB, after much procrastination I finally got around to painting and adding a tank to my 1980 Cruiser...but now I need a little help deciding weather or not I want to add graphics to it, leaving it white and just adding the Schwinn Script, or scratching the paint and sending it out for...
  13. boybluela

"The Cats Meow" On the Prowl!!!

Hello RRB as many of you know I love taking pictures, well today I went for a nice ride on the streets of Pasadena, CA. and well I took pictures..lol.. I recently took the Whizzer wheels of the bike to have the hubs chromed and rebuilt...either way the wheels were so "Un True"..lol.. that riding...
  14. boybluela

Because I couldnt kill it!! 1953 Straight Bar *UPDATED PICS*

Here is my 1953 Schwinn Straight bar re-designed... some might remember I did a frame swap with my "The Cats Meow" project.. I thought this frame was just to nice to let sit around, also since I'm notorious with killing original paint I've decided to keep the original patina although I am...
  15. boybluela

Need help cleaning hubs and degreasing parts!

Good day RRB, I have a couple of questions and I'm hoping some of you might be able to help.. what type of chemicals do some of you use for degreasing hubs, chains, and things of that sort? or should I ask what are the best dregreasers out there for that sort of job? I have a chain I want to...
  16. boybluela

"The Cats Meow" 1949 Straight Bar *UPDATE 2* 08/02/12

:D :D Hello RRB, here I am, at it again...lol.. I had posted this on the Gallery section as a tease for a future project. Well, I've started work on it today..I started by replacing the Original paint/patina 1953 frame and replacing it with my 1949 Frame.. and don't worry folks the paint and...
  17. boybluela

Because Ive posted Pics but NEVER Featured it!!

Hello RRB, I wanted to share this post with all of you. This is my 1980 Schwinn Cruiser and was the first bike I built after 16 years and is actually the reason I found this great site. I was born and raised in East Los Angeles, and back in the 80s when I was a kid we used old Schwinn Stingrays...
  18. boybluela

The 2 Schwinns I'm most proud of..

Hello RRB , I finally got a picture of My main Cruiser and the 24 Inch Muscle bike I built for my kid..My bike was in storage and hadn't had a chance to pick it up till this morning. I think they look pretty good together, My kid hasnt seen his bike finished, but being that it is his birthday...
  19. boybluela

24" 1967 Schwinn BMX Rat!!

Here is one I put together for you BMX'ers and Rat Rod'ers a like... The frame will eventually be used for another Muscle Bike build for myself, but till then this is how it will stay =) its a 1967 Schwinn frame I got from Quesy Rider ( Great Guy to deal with by the way) and using parts from...
  20. boybluela

24" 1958 Schwinn American turned Muscle Bike!! PICS ADDED!

Here are a few of my favorite pics I took of our newest addition to our collection. Its a 24 inch 1958 Schwinn American I decided to build for my Ten year old boy with a classic Muscle bike feel.. Hope you guys and gals like it :D You can see the build...
Back