Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. L

Schwinn Trike? Bendix rear end?

Hey guys, I am kinda new to trikes and am trying to help a buddy piece together a project bike. It is a Trike on a "24 Schwinn girl's frame (early 60s Hollywood i believe) with a red band universal rear end that bolts to the frame's rear drop outs. Is this common? Most trikes I remember as...
  2. L

Fender Bender?

Hey guys/gals, I have a '79 Schwinn Cruiser I am almost done "restoring." I have added an after market set of chrome fenders and want to add my front break. The rear Atom just doesn't stop it fast enough. The fender is a little wide for the front break to clear and work properly. Any ideas on...
  3. L

Pin Stripping FTW..?

Hey all, anyone have any cool examples or ideas for pin stripping? I love to look at different stripper's work and the creativity they use. ANY pics would be greatly appreciated... Cheers, LS
  4. L

Long Beach, CA cruise... Dates?

Met a really cool fella at a swap meet and he invited me to cruise with him and a big group in Long Beach. I just can't seem to remember where and when to meet. Anyone know?
  5. L

Rear Tire not seeding correctly?

I have restored a 69' Scwhinn Collegiate 24" (yeah, my girlfriend is that tiny) and it has the SA internal 3 speed rear hub. I am no expert by any means, and here is my problem... I have installed and re-installed the rear tire and tube to the rim multiple times(3 different tires and 3...
  6. L

Late 50s early 60s Schwinn double strait bar, paint?

So what do you think? I am looking to buy an old Schwinn double straight bar as a project bike for my son and I to work on together. My question is this; "Should I repaint, powder coat, or leave the bike as is?" It is a personal decision but I am very interested in what other Schwinn peeps...
  7. L

SoCal Whittier Swap Meet (1st Sat of the month) edited

The 1st Sat every month. This is a smaller meet with appoximately 25-30 sellers. All types of bikes represented. Maybe 10 sellers deal in vintage rides. There is no charge to get in and parking can be a little challenging. Look for the "No Parking" signs to avoid a ticket. Next Sat 8/6...
  8. L

Noobsauce from SoCal (210fwy & 57fwy)

Hello folks, I am not sure if I am an "old dude" (44 is old?) but I still love to cruise. I ride both motorized and human powered 2 wheel beasts. I attended the Long Beach Swap Meet at Veteran's this past weekend and met a few builders with some nice rides. They mentioned the site and look...
Back