Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. P

TREK buys Electra

Yes, the Townies are what I'm referring to. If Electra could find one person out of a hundred for whom the Townie actually had "Flat Foot Technology", that isn't good to enough reason to make a claim or motto such as they did. MazdaFlyer, can you or anyone in your household set the seat height...
  2. P

TREK buys Electra

I have ridden a Townie or two, and I like the practicality of the Amsterdam and the looks of most Electra's that I've seen. What I don't care for is the exaggeration of them saying they have "Flat Foot Technology" when it really ain't so. So that bit of false advertising lowered my regard...
  3. P

Fugsley - MO FATTA MO BETTA - Believe it or Not -TRADED!

Re: Fugsley - Turkey Day ride with wife's Dahon for contrast I bet that was a real conversation starter, you and your wife on those wildly different bikes!
  4. P

The Black Pearl (FINISHED PICS)!!!!!!!!!!

This is a very fine looking bike! I'm curious about pedal clearance, and whether your heels scrape the gound when pedalling?
  5. P

The Eggbuster (renamed)

That is a very clean and neat chain guard on your bike. Would you post a close-up picture of it? If so, from beneath would be best. Is it your creation or storebought? Thanks for sharing this with us!
  6. P

My 63 Schwinn 97cc motorized bicycle build

Dowie, Tonight is the first I've seen this bike of yours. ( I got to it from seeing the splt collar v-brake mount thread) This is so amazing and professional all the way! What an excellent job! Thanks for sharing this with everyone.
  7. P

Re: Folding Pugsley = Fugsley - We have brakes now! kingfish254, You probably aren't looking to change Fugsley's name, but I thought of one that gives tribute to it's roots of Dahon, Harley and Pugsley: Da Hogsley!
  8. P

Re: Folding Pugsley = Fugsley - More photos around Savannah I don't know if you would still like a cooler on the back, but I'd like to recount an experience of mine that might interest you. A buddy and I built a stretched bike ala "Day 6". They make theirs with the Lady's style frame, we made...
  9. P

Low seats on bikes

? Hey Popcorn, I use solid rod and bend it cold. Its easy (you need a long cheater pipe and something very strong to hold the rod, I use a hole in the concrete in my back yard) and cheap (about $15 can make 2 or 3 bent seat posts). You might have to change your seat clamp and maybe shim the...
  10. P

Re: Folding Pugsley = Fugsley - More photos around Savannah KIngfish, I've spent hours looking through the 18 pages of your bike build, and I'm very impressed. You did some exceedingly high quality mock-ups, and thought this out so thoroughly. It's a beaut, and it works! I'd be interested...
  11. P

Low seats on bikes

dangratsdan, How do you bend those posts so nicely, and at such sharp curves without crinkling the tube? That looks like something that would help me, full leg extension and "flat foot technology"! Also, the end of tube under the seat, is it recurved to point at the sky, or straight back like a...
  12. P

Low seats on bikes

Skipton, Please say a bit about the front fender on the "Bellowing Yellow".
  13. P

Low seats on bikes

Then I built this.. Blue-X ....Build Off 5 bike Seat far back and low peddles are in the perfect spot. I ride the snot out of this bike! Tour De Fat Rider by drew*in*chicago, on Flickr skipton, don't you have trouble keeping the front wheel on the ground?
  14. P

Curved Odyssey, Final build

You have done a superb job, It's really a beaut! BTW, maybe taking a link or two out of the chain would allow it to pull tight.
  15. P

Low seats on bikes

I built a stretched out bike with the pedals forward about 14 inches, somewhat like the Day 6 bike, and in this way could get the seat low enough to the ground to put my feet down flat when I'm stopped. This design also allows full leg extension when pedalling, which is so necessary for riding...
Back