Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Burt

Chat Room??/

I don't know about chatroom, but how about irc? I consider it easier and more convenient than any chatroom.
  2. Burt

I-Beam racer

Now the bike needs only final painting. All the carving is done, and here is some pics: Head badge is heat processed spruce. This plate is going to be on the rear fork over the rear wheel, and it's made of oak. Shift knob is made of oak, and the shifter is made of brass. Grips are...
  3. Burt

new here! just wanted to show my pride and joy

Very cool, can't argue about that. Especially the fork. Though coolness, pedals are very close to the saddle and so is the handlebar, so I'd like to see someone riding it. :) Styling reminds me from flowline choppers in Finland. Styling is a bit similar, though bikes are different...
  4. Burt

MUSIC

Well...if you listen much music with computer, then: http://www.last.fm. It does that for you. Here's what I listen to: http://www.last.fm/user/hepmac. (Hepmac is my irc nickname) As you can see, psychobilly rockabilly and roots music - but with some surprises. :mrgreen: For bluegrass...
  5. Burt

I-Beam racer

Thanks for compliments. We'll see how it is as finished. Sadly I have no in-progress photos. I was too much in a hurry with this project to take pictures. I promised to make it in to the local hot rod show which was held this weekend, and my schedule went a bit tight. :mrgreen:
  6. Burt

I-Beam racer

Still in progress. It needs some detailing. Have to say that I'm pretty proud of my shifter modification. :mrgreen: It's waiting a tiki shitknob though.
  7. Burt

I-Beam racer

I'm also very interested of the weight. Not only the weight of frame, but I'm putting a front wheel with a cast iron drum brake, etc... :mrgreen:
  8. Burt

I-Beam racer

Well I thought that this would fit better to the "other bikes section", because it's made from scratch. Yes. It's pretty much different from the original cad drawings. :mrgreen: I'm in a hurry with this, so I guess there will be pics with the final parts in a week. Paint will be in primer...
  9. Burt

My ratty ride

Ok, this bike doesn't exist anymore. I cut the frame to pieces, and took everything useful from it. From now on, my daily ride is this. The frame is again highly modified, but now it's straight! :mrgreen: Originally it was a swedish army bike made by Monark. (I guess Monark hasn't...
  10. Burt

ratrod parts i want to be avalible at bike shops

I don't know how well known Lepper is for americans, but I guess it might be referred to the Brooks in here (?). Have to say that I was very surprised when I just found out that they are still doing their saddles in old way. http://www.lepper.nl/
  11. Burt

Burt

Well for starters, I'm from Finland. That propably explains why my language is pretty bad at times. I understand it totally, but writing it is really something else. ...., it's been some three years I graduated from highschool, and I haven't been writing a thing in english since that. Now I'm...
  12. Burt

whatcha listenin' to ?

Ok, I listen music very much so I won't start writing down just some bands. Here's a link to my last.fm page. http://www.last.fm/user/hepmac Last.fm scrobbles what I'm listening to from my itunes, and makes charts of the listened music.
  13. Burt

I-Beam Racer

No, I didn't get that impression. But hey, I'm still interested of that similar bike though. :wink: And as you've read above, there is no progress due the weather. I have no interest welding in that cold garage. I'm still just collecting parts... :?
  14. Burt

I-Beam Racer

And If someone thinks I'm painting tomorrow at -20C....well I don't. :lol: I can do all but welding at our school.
  15. Burt

I-Beam Racer

Okay, I'm riding a bike with a somewhat similar frame, and I have a great reason to believe that you think this is similar to that. We'll see about their similarity when this is ready :lol: Have to admit that the project ain't going too fast.. I have almost all the materials, but there's...
  16. Burt

I-Beam Racer

Well, ok. I'm not sure how rat rod this is, because it's very-not-vintage. Though, I'm trying to do it as old style as can be I decided to put up this own topic, as I started collecting parts for the project today. First I got the saddle. Condition really ain't too good, but I bought...
  17. Burt

New concept

Well here's my project. Some part's missing though. We'll see see how it will progress. I guess I'll start an own topic when I start building it.
  18. Burt

New concept

What's the software? I like using solid works, and I'm also drawing a bike frame with it. I'll also build it, and hopefully it is ready in april, but we'll see. I've been too busy with school lately, so I'm not too sure if I can make it, but I'm trying. The plan is to include the project to my...
  19. Burt

For those who Love Cars...( pic's included )

I saw this thing at hot rod & rock show in finland -04. I think it was made in sweden? Somehow funny to see these pics on american forum. This is a small world these days.
  20. Burt

My ratty ride

Thanks, my back is fine. :lol: Actually it's very comfortable to ride, which people don't somehow believe. Here's finally the first version, and version of today. Yes, these are not good too, but better.
Back