Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Cuan

rusty-n-crusty

I really enjoyed the build this year. I was able to accomplish several ideas that I've had in my head for a while. I hope that you enjoy the pictures. Click below to view my build link. http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/rusty-n-crusty-done.83307/
  2. Cuan

rusty-n-crusty (DONE!!!)

I picked up this bike during Build Off #7. I was going to swap bikes and use this one, but I made the right choice and stayed with my original bike. I picked up some materials and I was going to build this frame for Build Off #8, but the kitchen remodel got in the way and I wasn't able to...
  3. Cuan

Scored a Schwinn Exercise Bike

I saw this in the local classifieds early this week. It had been on there for a while, but nobody was interested. I was able to pick it up today for $10 and he ended up throwing 2 other bikes in for free. I've always wanted the huge sprocket, chain guard and handlebars. The seat, head badge and...
  4. Cuan

North American Handmade Bicycle Show

This isn't a Rat Rod Bike related post, but has anybody seen pictures from the North American Handmade Bicycle Show? There are some some amazing pictures on the Velonews and Cyclingnews websites from the show. Their fabrication and welding skills leave me speachless. Here are a couple of...
  5. Cuan

Boys of Bonneville

I was surfing through the documentaries on Netflix the other night and I came across this movie. The movie is about Ab Jenkins, how he encountered the Bonneville Salt Flats and started racing out there. It also talks about all of the speed and endurance records that he set out there. Many of...
  6. Cuan

Sturgis Museum

We just got back from South Dakota for a family reunion. While we were there, we swung by Sturgis to check things out. The ralley hasn't started yet, so it was nice and tame for my wife and kids. We stopped by the Sturgis Motorcycle Museum & Hall of Fame. http://www.sturgismuseum.com/...
  7. Cuan

El Moco Mojado FINISHED PICTURES

Here are the finished pictures for my build. viewtopic.php?f=67&t=56713 Before Now
  8. Cuan

El Moco Mojado

Here is my entry for the build off. It is a 1974 Schwinn Typhoon that was given to me by my wife’s family about 14 years ago. They purchased it brand new and rode it until everybody moved out of the house. It had been stored in their barn, so it was in good shape, but very dirty. When I...
  9. Cuan

A deal that just can't be passed up.

I'm always jealous of the plentiful supply of cool old bike everywhere except for where I live. I wish that I had access to only a fraction of what you all are able to score. That was until tonight. I saw this ad tonight and I think that it is going to be the best deal that I can get to for...
  10. Cuan

Different way to remove rusted fasteners.

This probably sounds completely crazy and stupid, but you may want to try it. I saw it on an old truck website, and it has worked for me several times. If you try it, take it easy, do not force things and if it still doesn't work, you will not be out anything for trying. There are many...
  11. Cuan

Attempted Burrito

After seeing all of the Burritos on this site, it has made me want to try and build one of my own. This is similar to the bike that I started with, but I pulled mine from the dumpster. I'm using the front wheel on another bike, the shock was used on my Sledgehammer build, and the handlebars...
  12. Cuan

It's a Sledgehammer.

My neighbor dispatches dumpsters and one day I saw that somebody had tossed two 24" bikes. I pulled them out and took them down to my basement. One was a full suspension Mongoose that was pretty well trashed and the other was a Roadmaster. At first, I didn't know what to do with them and then...
  13. Cuan

From Weight Weenie to Rat Rods

I think that my whole problem is that I was deprived as a child. My mom wouldn't buy me a bike, other than one in pre-school that was destroyed before kindergarten. I saved all of my money and bought a Schwinn Sprint when I was 13. I rode that bike everywhere and I polished the snot out of...
Back