Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. duncan

Duncan’s Parts Emporium

Part 1 of trying to thin the parts hoard. New things will be added frequently as I unbury them! Message me if you have any questions or would like more pictures. All prices are OBO, and do NOT include shipping. Schwinn exercise cranks and chainring. $30 3 cranksets: $5 each or $10 for all...
  2. duncan

60s Western Flyer Cosmic Flyer

Reluctantly listing my Western Flyer Cosmic Flyer. Im not sure on the year, but I'm guessing mid 60s. Very neat and fairly complete bike with lots of character. The whole bike has been gone through, cleaned and regreased. The chrome on the frame isn't the best and it had been spray painted...
  3. duncan

'39 Schwinn Streamline

Recently picked up a 1939 Schwinn streamline frame and fork. It's not the prettiest, but has decent patina in my opinion. I don't have much plans for it except clean it and try to use as much parts from my stash pile.
  4. duncan

1987 Diamondback Viper

Found this on Craigslist, and immediately fell in love with it. Pretty much all I know is the previous owner replaced the tires, bars and the grips. I can't really find much info on these bikes, so if anyone knows anything about them, please send me a pm! Thanks!
  5. duncan

Original Skip tooth Schwinn Hornet

Found in the basement of an old general store this weekend, and scored this. I am not sure of the year, but I haven't really had time to completely go over it. Looks to be mostly original and complete, minus the front fender and the custom rack, but it has really nice patina. It is the first...
  6. duncan

Monark Challanger AutoFair Find

This years Charlotte Auto Fair was a little disappointing as far as bicycles go. There wasn't as much bikes this time as there was in previous years. If you did find a bike, they were either rusted out, beat to death, or a Franken-bike that had no usable parts on it. There was a few really nice...
  7. duncan

Ratty Sears Spyder

I have been working on this bike off and on for the last few weeks, and I figured I might as well document and share it with you guys. Started with half a bike I found on craigslist awhile back: Not sure of the year, but I am guessing '69 ish. I don't really have a plan for the build, I just...
  8. duncan

Vintage Bicycle Show and Swap Charlotte NC, May 18th

Introducing the 2nd Vintage Bicycle Show and Swap. Held in conjunction with the 10th annual Charlotte Transporter Show at Hodges Family Farm, May 18 2013, in Charlotte North Carolina, from 8 am to 2 pm. The Hodges Family Farm is located at 3900 Rocky River Rd, Charlotte NC, 28215. Admission is...
  9. duncan

Schwinn King Sting, Schwinn Suburban, Ross Barracuda

Went yard sailing and scored this 5 speed Schwinn Suburban for $10. It's missing the rear brakes, and it's going to need new tires, and new cables and housing. Probably going to powdercoat it black, clean the chrome up real good, and throw some white tires on it. Next is a 5 speed Schwinn...
  10. duncan

Ladies Colson

A couple of demolition guys came by the bike shop last week and wanted to sell this. It's pretty rough, but it has some good parts on it. Don't know what I am going to do with it yet.
  11. duncan

Vintage BMX SCORE!

The story is, I was looking at Craigslist one day, and had found a purple 10 speed sears spyder for sale. I talked to the guy, and arranged to pick it up at his house. While we were there, we asked if he had any old BMX bikes and he took us into the old shed where he pulled these out. We settled...
  12. duncan

Wards Monark Silver King

Came across this yesterday at a swap meet. I have never seen one in person, but I have seen some in pictures. All I know is that it is a Wards, Monark Silver King, and that it's aluminum.  The guy I bought it from, bought it from the original owner, and he claims that it is all original.  I was...
  13. duncan

Schwinn Excelsior

Women's Excelsior, with Chinese rims, Murray crank, etc.. The serial number is B90410. Does anyone know what year, or around what year it could be? Also what is that little tab things on the fender braces? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for looking!
  14. duncan

40-41 Schwinn D97X Build. :Now In Working Order:

No sence in blowing up the Fresh Finds forum with my updates, so ill post my progress here. I got this bike last weekend from a very cool guy that lives in my area. I got alot of help figuring out what model, year, What parts were OG, and not OG from some guys here. Special thanks to B607...
  15. duncan

40's Schwinn BFGoodrich?

Some of you may have seen my other topic, where I had mentioned this bike. I went back today and got it and he threw in a couple parts that I need. The Original color is red I believe, based on the paint inside the head tube, and bottom bracket. I also belive that it had some kind of creme...
  16. duncan

Fridays Find

I saw an ad Thursday night for a 70's ladies Schwinn for $25. Called the guy, and set up to meet him on my way back from school. The guy lives pretty much in the back of the back woods in the middle of the forest with only a very narrow, and rough path just big enough for a car to get through...
  17. duncan

Bicycle Show and Swap, Charlotte NC, May 19th 2012

New this year, Vintage Bicycle Show and Swap, at the Hodges Family Farm. Load up your bicycles and parts to display and sell for a day of family fun. Held in conjunction with the 9th annual Charlotte Transporter Show at Hodges Family Farm, May 19 2012, in Charlotte North Carolina, from 8 am to 2...
  18. duncan

Early Ross mountain bike

I found this Ross mountain bike last week for sale at a local antique store. Went back today, and got it. The gears need to be fiddled with to make them fully functional, and the rear brake leaver is kind of stuck, so no rear brakes. There's a weird fender up front that's bent, so it rubs the...
  19. duncan

1962 Schwinn Speedster

My dad has this Schwinn Speedster, and we dont know very much about it. Does anyone know anything about it? We would love to know everything we can about it. Thanks, Duncan
  20. duncan

Bike and Trike

At a friends yardsale, I found she was selling her childhood bike. A Murray Super Stylin'. She has had this since she was a kid, and it has been kept in the garage ever since. Never left outdoors over night, and if it wasent underneath her, it was on its kickstand. Not too early, but older than...
Back